Kids Learning Together

A 3/4 Class Blog

Olympic Hero Visits Holy Family School

March4

On a sunny Friday 24th Feb, Holy Family Primary School had a special visitor called Patrick Murphy. Patrick is a very fast and good swimmer. He talked to us about how he swam at the Olympic Games in 2008 at Beijing. (By Jacob P).

Patrick Murphy visits the students in Years 2 - 4 at Holy Family School

Patrick Murphy is an Australian Olympic swimmer. He talked to us about swimming. We also watched a short film and saw him swimming. (By Elisa) Patrick swam in the 4 x 200 metre freestyle relay at the Beijing Olympic Games in 2008. His relay team won a bronze medal!!!

Patrick winning his bronze medal at the Beijing Olympic Games

Patrick showed us his medals that his won. He said that it is not all about winning but doing your best. (By Sophie)

We asked Patrick many questions about his swimming career. We hope you enjoy reading his answers below:

Who is your olympic hero and why?

by posted under Uncategorized | 8 Comments »    

“Olympic Hero Visits Holy Family School”

1. March 4th, 2012 at 8:31 am      Reply Mrs Light Says:

How exciting! I’m sure that you all really enjoyed having Patrick come to visit – he’s such an inspiration and shows how far you can go if you work hard.

My Olympic hero was always Kieran Perkins because I think the 1500m freestyle is an amazingly challenging event that takes a lot of stamina as well as carefully considered strategy.

2. March 5th, 2012 at 6:34 am      Reply jacobi Says:

when patrick came over to our shcool it was really fun. we got to touch one of his medals

by jacobi

3. March 5th, 2012 at 7:51 am      Reply agale Says:

Thanks for sharing this 2/3D! It is great to have all this information on the blog so we can revisit it at anytime. My Olympic hero is Torah Bright. She is a snowboarder and is in the Winter Olympic Games. Torah Bright was the flag bearer in 2010 for Australia and won a gold medal in the half pipe.

From Miss Gale

4. March 5th, 2012 at 11:06 am      Reply Miss Dickson Says:

Loved your work 2/3D. It must have been fun meeting Patrick Murphy. My Olympic hero is the sprinter Cathy Freeman.
    From Marie Dickson

5. March 8th, 2012 at 11:08 am      Reply steve Says:

It was really fun when Patrick came to school. I think he is a very good swimmer. It would be hard for him to get up early every morning. I swim at swim world. I am in squad it is a high level, my mum thinks I’m a dolphin.
    from Brigitte

6. March 28th, 2012 at 9:02 am      Reply sophiem Says:

Hi 2/3D
    I loved hearing about Patrick Murphy. Hope he has a great time doing swimming.

From Sophie!!

7. May 3rd, 2012 at 9:33 am      Reply Archie and George Says:

We like your interview about swiming.

from Archie And George

Appleton school

8. May 28th, 2012 at 5:07 am      Reply ellap Says:

Hey Miss Dickson it is Ella from your old school. Seems like you had fun.
    really miss you.