2/3D enjoy reading ‘James and the Giant Peach’

March13

In reading this term our class has been reading Roald Dahl’s book James and the Giant Peach. Throughout the term we have created our own character profiles and portraits of the characters in the book. Click below to listen to the students talk about the different characters in the story.

Did you know that Roald Dahl’s book James and the Giant Peach celebrated its 50th anniversary last year. What are some of your favourite Roald Dahl books?

“2/3D enjoy reading ‘James and the Giant Peach’”

1. March 13th, 2012 at 8:25 am      Reply Mrs Johnston Says:

Hi grade 2/3D,

I am reading James and the Giant Peach to my son at home. He is also in grade 3. He thinks that the best part is when they did the portraits of the characters, especially the centipede! He has also read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Fantastic Mr Fox. Kaelan thinks Roald Dahl is a great author.

2. March 13th, 2012 at 8:48 pm      Reply agale Says:

Hi 2/3,
    I think the Voice Thread you made is fantastic. It is a great tool to showcase what you have been learning. You all spoke so clearly and loudly. Well done! I loved reading James and the Giant Peach when I was younger. It is such a fun story.
    Keep up the great work 🙂
    From Miss Gale

3. March 14th, 2012 at 5:01 am      Reply isabella Says:

I like james and the giant peach because it is one big exciting adventure

4. March 14th, 2012 at 10:58 am      Reply ktonelli Says:

Hmmm Roald Dahl is amazing!! You have brought me back to when i was a little girl. I like James and the Giant Peach but my favourite is Matilda. i loved reading the book and watching the movie. I have also read The Witches but i was always a little too scared to finish it!!! You guys are doing a fab job in the classroom. Keep up the awesome work!
    From Miss Tonelli

5. March 14th, 2012 at 11:28 am      Reply Kate Todd Says:

Hi 2/3
    I loved hearing your Voice Thread about James and the Giant peach. You all expressed yourselves so well. You described the story so well. I haven’t read James and the Giant Peach but I really enjoyed Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl. It’s about a very clever fox and how he outsmarted three farmers. Thanks for sharing your love of reading.
    Kind Regards
    Mrs Todd

6. March 15th, 2012 at 8:11 am      Reply jacobi Says:

James and the giant peach is a great book because it is so funny. 🙂 🙂 🙂

7. March 15th, 2012 at 11:00 pm      Reply Elisa Says:

I had fun recording this

8. March 15th, 2012 at 11:02 pm      Reply Atara Says:

I think James and the giant peach is a really good book. It is fun reading it.

9. March 15th, 2012 at 11:07 pm      Reply Theresa Says:

James and the giant peach is a very good book. I really like The Twits because Mr Twit and Mrs Twit get what they deserve from being mean. The book is very funny!

10. March 15th, 2012 at 11:07 pm      Reply brigitte Says:

I like reading James and the giant peach. I can’t wait to read the next chapter. My favourite character is Miss Spider. From Brigitte.

11. March 15th, 2012 at 11:08 pm      Reply zaral Says:

I like the video. It seems like you really enjoyed reading James and the giant peach.
    From zara

12. March 15th, 2012 at 11:08 pm      Reply sarah and gemma Says:

To 2/3D,

We are very excited about reading the next chapter of James and the giant peach.

It sounds fun!

From sarah and Gemma

13. March 15th, 2012 at 11:09 pm      Reply kess Says:

Hi 2/3D.
    I hope you like reading James and the giant peach. I can’t wait to read more of it.
    From Kes.

14. March 15th, 2012 at 11:11 pm      Reply sophie Says:

I loved reading James and the Giant peach. It was a great story.

By Sophie

15. March 15th, 2012 at 11:15 pm      Reply Miss Dickson Says:

This was fantastic. You all speak so well and I can see you loved reading James and the Giant Peach. Roald Dahl is one of my favorite authors.

16. April 17th, 2012 at 2:48 am      Reply sophie and gemma Says:

I like reading James and the Giant Peach. It was a great and FANTASTIC BOOK.

From Gemma and Sophie

17. April 27th, 2012 at 12:40 am      Reply lachland Says:

Dear 2/3D,
    I HOPE YOU LIKED READING JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH. I ALSO LIKED READING JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH. I LIKED THE MOVIE JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH. I THINK ROALD DAHL IS A REALLY GOOD AND FUNNY AUTHOR. HE IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE AUTHORS.
    FROM LACHLAN.

18. May 2nd, 2012 at 11:45 pm      Reply shreeya and khushie Says:

I think your art work was as cool as your video I think all of your favourite characters are as cool as a rollercoaster !
    From Shreeya and Khushie,
    Point View School. Auckland

19. May 3rd, 2012 at 7:55 am      Reply Alex White Says:

Cool I love it 🙂

Alex

Applenton, oxford

20. August 11th, 2012 at 12:56 am      Reply Sophie Says:

After the class read James and the Giant Peach we watched the movie together as a family. Everyone enjoyed the movie but Sophie said it was a little different to the book, but she still liked the movie.

Bye Sophie’s Mum

21. August 31st, 2012 at 11:52 am      Reply Theresat Says:

A few of my favourite Roald Dahl books are: The Twits, Goerge’s marvelous medicine, James and the giant peach and Charlie and the chocalate factory.
    They are very funny, cheeky books.

From Theresa