Kids Learning Together

A 3/4 Class Blog

What adventures have you had during the April school holidays?

April11

For the last two weeks the students in Year 2/3D have been on school holidays. What has been the highlight from your holiday? What would you recommend to your class mates to visit or see?

by posted under Uncategorized | 36 Comments »    

“What adventures have you had during the April school holidays?”

1. April 11th, 2012 at 11:23 am      Reply Miss Dickson Says:

Hi Year2/3D,
    During our school holidays I went to the movies to see ‘The Lorax’ in 3D. It is one of my favorite stories by Dr Seuss. While the producers of the movie made changes and added extra scenes it was good to see the main elements of the movie remain. Especially the moral of the story. As the Once-ler says “unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing’s going to get better. It’s not”. What is your favorite Dr. Seuss story? How do you care for our environment?
    From Miss Dickson

• April 16th, 2012 at 2:39 am      Reply kes Says:

Hi Miss Dickson,

I help the environment by not throwing rubbish on the ground and my favourite Dr Seuss book is the cat in the hat.

The Lorax movie is saying not to cut down trees because if there were no trees in the world every one would die because the trees give us oxygen.

From Kes

• April 16th, 2012 at 10:42 am      Reply chiarai Says:

Hi Miss Dickson,
      I went to see the lorax too. I saw when the lorax told him the story. I liked when he cut all of the trees.
      From Chiara

• April 19th, 2012 at 1:41 am      Reply elisa Says:

Hi Miss Dickson

I help the enviornment by not littering.
      My favourite Dr. Seuss book is The Lorax

Elisa

• April 23rd, 2012 at 2:53 am      Reply brigitte Says:

Hi Miss Dickson,
      My favorite dr.seuss book is the lorax and horton hatches the egg. I help the environment by looking after all the animals and plants.
      How do you help the environment?

From brigitte

• April 23rd, 2012 at 9:23 am      Reply Miss Dickson Says:

Hi Brigitte,
        Thanks for your comment. I also love both of horton’s books – Horton hears a who! and Horton hatches an egg.
        I help the environment by recycling paper, bottles, cans and cardboard.
        From Miss Dickson

2. April 13th, 2012 at 11:48 am      Reply Theresa Says:

Hi 2/3D,
    On the holidays, I went on a train to Sydney to visit my godmother and her family. We went to the Opera house and the Royal Botanic garden. It is very big and beautifful. I also went for a walk in the city. Sydney trains are two storys!
    My favourite story by Dr. Seuss is The Cat In The Hat and Green Eggs And Ham.
    I care for the environment by recycling and not littering.

Can’t wait to see you all again at school!

From Theresa

• April 15th, 2012 at 11:13 pm      Reply Miss Dickson Says:

Hi Theresa,
      I have always enjoyed visiting Sydney. Did you see the Sydney Harbour Bridge? Back in 2003 I climbed the bridge with my friend Robin. At the very top of the bridge you can see amazing sights of the harbour. The Cat in the hat and Green Eggs and Ham are great Dr. Seuss books. I especially like the moral of Green Eggs and Ham which says it is important to try something before you say you don’t like it.
      Thanks for your comment,
      From Miss Dickson

• April 16th, 2012 at 2:30 am      Reply isabella Says:

Hi Theresa
      I hope you had a nice time at Sydney and the royal botanic garden. My favourite Dr Seuss book is the cat in the hat.
      From Isabella

3. April 15th, 2012 at 3:56 am      Reply Alessia Says:

Hi 2/3D,
    hope you enjoyed your holidays and a fun and happy Easter. Have a great last day of term 1 holidays!

Alessia (Chiara sister)

4. April 16th, 2012 at 2:22 am      Reply isabella Says:

Hi 2/3D
    On the holidays I went in my pool with 2 of my friends and we had lots of fun. We also did a test on our jumps.
    I also went bowling and got an ipod touch.
    From Isabella

5. April 16th, 2012 at 2:24 am      Reply sarah Says:

Hi 2/3D,

On the easter holidays i went to my aunts house. My friend was there and the easter bunny sent my aunt 6 big bunny easter eggs. My aunt did not know and we found them all. My friend had this app and it was a easter app. It was fun. We were trying to unlock this level but we finally unlocked it. I even went to bowling with my friends and I came second. It was fun.

From Sarah.

• April 20th, 2012 at 12:01 am      Reply monica Says:

Hi year 2\3D
      on my holiday it was my brother’s birthday. It was a star wars birthday. This sunday it is my brother’s party. My mum is going to make a star wars cake. All my cousins are coming. It is going to be very fun.
      From Monica

6. April 16th, 2012 at 2:28 am      Reply kes Says:

Hi 2/3D

On the holidays I went to see the Lorax in 3D with my with Dad on saturday. We had popcorn and maltisers. My favourite part of the movie was when the lady came up to the Lorax. The Lorax said I,ll go right up your nose and the man said you wouldn’t hit a woman then the Lorax said she’s a woman. Another of my favourite part was when at the end the mayor sang let it die, let it die. I help the environment by putting rubbish in the rubbish bin. My favourite Dr Seuss book is the cat in the hat.

From Kes

7. April 16th, 2012 at 2:31 am      Reply Atara Says:

Hi 2/3D
    On the holidays I went camping with my friends and watched the Lorax. It was funny. It is all about the environment. My favourite part is when the lady came to the lorax and the lorax said I’ll go right up your nose and the man said you won’t hit a women and the lorax said she’s a women! I liked watching the Lorax

From Atara

8. April 16th, 2012 at 2:40 am      Reply brigitte Says:

Hi 2/3D,

On the holidays I went to Mount Gambier for Easter. On Thursday my mum dropped me and my sister off at my aunties and uncles house. We said goodbye to our mum. My auntie and my cousins set off to Mount Gambier. It takes about 5 hours to get there. We made a couple of stops on the way, we had mcdonalds. When we got there we said hello to our cousins and auntie over there. After a while we had dinner, it was delious. Later on we went to bed.

The next day we had breakfast then we went to the lakes. After some of my cousins went home me and my cousin and auntie went on the wildlife walk. We saw walibees and birds. Later on my mum came. I said hello to her then we had dinner. Then we went to bed.

The next day we had breakfast and had a water balloon fight then we played just dance 3. Later on we had dinner and went to bed.

The next day was Easter we came outside and got easter eggs. Then we went to a dog show and horse show. Then we had dinner and went to bed.

On monday some people went home then we went to the movies to see mirror mirror mirror. I did not want to see the movie so I went shopping. Then some of my cousins met us at Kmart. Then we went home. We watched geelong vs hawks. Then we had subway then we played forty forty. At night then we played a couple of other games. Then, we went to bed.

on Tuesday we packed then we set off to home. On the way home we stoped at mcdonalds then we droped off our cousin and then we picked up pizza that my dad ordered. Maggie my dog was so excited to see me and so was my dad. We had a great time.

From Brigitte

• April 21st, 2012 at 8:15 am      Reply chiarai Says:

Wow!!!

That looks like a fun holiday. And I hope you had fun playing just dance with your friends/family. I also went tonmount Gambier. And I also watched mirror mirror and the lorax and the hunger games. Hope you had fun at mcdonalds. What did you have?
      well… I hope you all had fun on your holidays

9. April 16th, 2012 at 2:41 am      Reply jacobp Says:

Hi 2/3D

During the Easter holidays I went to Darwin. It took 4 hours to get there but I had a Jetstar I pad and it has games, t.v shows and movies on it. The movie that I watched was Hugo and Mission Impossible. I ate snitzel in bread. Then we landed. When I got outside it was boiling hot. My hotel was called the water front. When I got inside I put my bathers on and went to the wave pool.

The next day I went into town to buy stuff. I brought a croc that moves and you paint it. And on Easter my mum brought me black jack. I had a great Easter.
    From Jacob p.

10. April 16th, 2012 at 5:39 am      Reply Zara Says:

Hi 2/3D
    I went on a holiday. I went to yarrawonga for Easter. We had an Easter egg hunt. I got 20 eggs and had lots of fun with the kids playing outside. Then went home for bed and in the moning we went home.
    From Zara

11. April 16th, 2012 at 10:28 am      Reply sophiem Says:

Dear 2/3D,

During the holidays Mummy took my sister, brother and me to see ‘The Lorax’ at the cinema. It was a really fun movie and made us laugh alot. Dr Seuss wrote The Lorax. The movie was about taking care of the trees and the environment.

My favourite Dr Seuss book is ‘One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish. Blue Fish’.

During the holidays I also got to celebrate Catholic Easter and Greek Easter. It allowed me to think of Jesus and his mother Mary and the fact that Jesus died for us but then rose from the grave.

From Sophie M.

12. April 16th, 2012 at 10:38 am      Reply chiarai Says:

Hi 2/3 D

on the holidays I went to the pool with my cousins. We had so much fun. We went on a water slide. The first time I didn’t like it but the second time I did. I had so much fun with my cousins. After that we went in the wave pool but that only went for 5 mins and after all of that we had luch there. We had hot dogs and drinks. All of us went on the water slide again. My little sister ilana went on and she cracked it because you go side to side and it was really dark in the water slide. After the pools we went to our locker and got our stuff. Then we went and got ice cream. I got choc chip cookie and then we went to my cousins house. We had a play and we slept there.
    WE HAD SO MUCH FUN ON THE HOLIDAYS…!!!!!!
    From Chiara

13. April 17th, 2012 at 12:53 am      Reply sebastianq Says:

Hi 2/3D

on the holidays my Dad went to an auction for a house. It was pretty old but now he finished renovating.

I had my birthday on april 3rd. I am 9 yeas old now.
    I saw titanic in 3d and the Lorax.

From Sebastian

14. April 17th, 2012 at 12:59 am      Reply Alexsi Says:

Hi 2/3D

on the holidays i saw The Titanic in 3D. It was really sad and I also saw The Lorax, it was funny. I went to my mums friends house it was so fun i drove a motorbike with 4 wheels. We went to the park and we drove it around the park.
    It was so awesome.
    From Alexsi

• April 20th, 2012 at 12:07 am      Reply chiarai Says:

Wow!!!
      I hope titanic was fun in 3D. There is one on foxtel but with different people, Rose and Jack are different. We recorded it on foxtel. I hope you had a fun holiday.

from Chiara + Monica

15. April 17th, 2012 at 2:46 am      Reply sebastianq Says:

Hi 2/3D

on the holidays I saw the lorax. i went to the beach. I finished renovating my new house. I swam in my new pool too.

From Sebastian

16. April 17th, 2012 at 2:47 am      Reply aine Says:

Hi 2/3D

During the holidays I went to malaysia and vietnam. We stayed at uncle Patrick’s house for the weekend and stayed at uncle pias for a week at vietnam. Then we went back to malaysia and stayed at grandma jeses apartment. My favorite bit of the holidays was when we went to beatriks. There was a swimming pool for every body to share and there was a play groud
    connected to the pool

from Aine

17. April 17th, 2012 at 2:53 am      Reply gabriels Says:

Hi2/3D

On the holidays i went to McDonalds on the 3rd day of the school holadays. It was fun. There was some of my friends named toby, kai and joel. After we went to the play james and the giant peach.

On Saturday friends came over. We stayed up until 5 o clock in the morning. They also had a sleep over.

From Gabe

• May 4th, 2012 at 12:50 am      Reply kess Says:

Hi Gabe

I hope you had a good time on saturday and sunday. I would of liked to come it sounds great. I had a sleepover too in the holidays but I had to go home early because he was bugging me when I was trying to get to sleep.

from Kes

18. April 17th, 2012 at 10:25 pm      Reply chiarai Says:

Hi 2/3 D,

on the holidays we went to see the hunger games. It was cool. Well they went to school and there was a Raffle. There was 2 sisters, 1 is called Katniss and Prim Rose. Their last name was Everden. And then the teacher pulled out prim rose but it wasn’t safe so Katniss did it. Then it was all scary. We had so much fun!!!!!!!

from Chiara

19. April 18th, 2012 at 10:40 am      Reply Louisa Says:

Dear 2/3D,
    On the holidays I went to see the lorax in 2D. We got popcorn and water. After the movie we got some chips, water, dim sim ,potato smile and potato jum. We all had so much fun!! After we went to Kmart and got nerd guns. I made a friend but didn’t know what her name was.
    The next day we went to Bendigo and I went on some rides because there was a carnival. There were lots of them. At the end of the day we got ice cream. Then we all went to see great grand ma. That’s the end of the day.
    From Louisa

20. April 19th, 2012 at 1:33 am      Reply elisa Says:

Hi 2\3D

On the holiday I went to vist my family friends. Then we went to Jells Park.

From Elisa

21. April 19th, 2012 at 1:45 am      Reply marcuss Says:

Hi 2\3D
    On the holidays I went to see the lorax at the movies with my friend.
    The next day I went to sidetracked with my cousin, we played arcade games, bowling,mini golf and laser force. After side tracked we went to a restaurant and I had the BIGGEST burger on earth.
    from Marcus.

22. April 20th, 2012 at 12:06 am      Reply justinw Says:

Hi 2/3D
    I had a good holiday. I went camping on the Murray. It was a great holiday, it was very fun.
    From Justin

23. April 20th, 2012 at 12:13 am      Reply stephaniet Says:

Hi 2/3D
    On the holidays i went to Healsville sactuary where it just like a zoo. I saw Bats, kangaroo, dingo, Tasmanian devil. Therebwas also a hospital zoo when people Look after animals. My mum did not like the Bats Because they kept pooing.
    I had lots of fun.
    From Stephanie

24. May 2nd, 2012 at 11:46 pm      Reply meah Says:

On the holidays i saw my friend Sonya at KFC and she sat next to me.
    from meah

25. May 4th, 2012 at 1:55 pm      Reply Ria Says:

I hope you had a really nice time and had a good easter