Year 2/3D are learning how to write persuasive texts.

April29

Children should wear helmets on bikes and scooters

I agree that helmets are very safe. They protect your head. I think everyone should wear a helmet.

Helmets protect your head so it is very important to wear a helmet when riding a bike and scooter.

I think it is important to wear a helmet because you can seriously damage your head.

It is against the law not to wear a helmet on bikes and scooters. The police can catch you.

So please be safe and wear a helmet.

By Zara

Are you persuaded to wear your helmet when riding your bike or scooter?

“Year 2/3D are learning how to write persuasive texts.”

1. April 30th, 2012 at 9:09 pm      Reply Room 17 Pinehill School Says:

Room 17 all agree that we should wear helmets on bikes and scooters! Lots of children at our school scooter to school, but only 3 people wear helmets – I think we should think about this some more and protect our brains!!

2. May 1st, 2012 at 9:41 am      Reply Ross Says:

Great work 🙂 🙂 🙂

3. May 3rd, 2012 at 8:37 am      Reply Jack Says:

🙂 Great work, especially in your first paragraph, because you’ve put some important things first.
    🙁 Next time, try and use some connectives, like because, to join up your sentences.
    Jack
    Appleton Primary School, Oxford, UK

4. May 3rd, 2012 at 9:02 am      Reply Mabel, Appleton Class 4 Says:

Fabulous thinking; you have persuaded me:) Maybe give more reasons why you should wear a helmet next time?

5. May 3rd, 2012 at 10:34 pm      Reply Marie Dickson Says:

These are very persuasive texts. I enjoyed reading them and I think you are very clever.

6. May 8th, 2012 at 12:20 am      Reply Mrs Cosgrave Says:

Hi Miss Dickson and Grade 2/3
    Our class, grade 3/4 DC have enjoyed reading all your persuasive texts. The children were happy when I told them that you were the teacher Miss Dickson – 13 of my children you taught in 1/2 !
    We like your Blog
    From Mrs Cosgrave and Grade 3/4 DC

7. May 8th, 2012 at 12:59 am      Reply sophiem Says:

Dear 2/3D,
    I really agree with Zara, like toatally agree with her about helmets
    by Sophie m

8. May 14th, 2012 at 2:58 am      Reply zaral Says:

Hi Marie Dickson,

thank you for commenting on my writing. I hoped you liked it.

from Zara 🙂

9. May 25th, 2012 at 12:17 am      Reply isabella Says:

Hi Zara

that was a great piece of writing.
    I also agree that we should wear helmets when we ride our bike or scooter 🙂

10. August 8th, 2012 at 10:42 am      Reply Zara's Stepmum Says:

Zara,

Your persuasive text is great and yes you should always wear a helmet when riding you scooter or bike!

Great work

Sam
    x

11. August 8th, 2012 at 10:49 am      Reply Zara's Dad Says:

Zara,

I loved your writing on wearing a helmet.

I agree, wearing a helmet is VERY important. When I was 10 I got hit by a car while riding my bike and a helmet would of protected my head when it hit the road!

Love