School Sports Day

May9

This year our school sports day was held over two days. On Friday 27th April all the students from Prep to Year 6 participated in a ball game for our annual school sports. The year 2s did star ball while the year 3s did a soccer dribble relay. The children in 2/3D all got into the spirit of sports day cheering for their teams.

On Monday 7th May the whole school travelled by bus to the Duncan Mckinnon Ahtletic track. Here all the students in Year 3 – 6 did a long jump. Points were awarded to the children who came 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th in long jump. Next everyone in the school participated in a shuttle relay and sprint. Check out our ribbons in the video below.

The sports carnival finished with some children representing the level in circular relay and the Holy Family Gift.

Louisa: My favourite thing was running in the shuttle relay
Gabe: My favourite thing was cheering for my team mates and running in the sprints
Gemma: My favourite thing was running in the circular relay

All of our sports teams displayed excellent sportsmanship and cheered their fellow team mates. But at the end of the day there could only be one winning team. The spirit award was annouced first and went to red team.

We waited anxiously to find out the results. In fourth place with a score of 1070 was Red Team. In third place was Gold with 1135. Green came second with a score of 1161 while Blue team came 1st by only 21 points with a score of 1182.

Congratulations to everyone in Blue Team.

“School Sports Day”

1. May 9th, 2012 at 4:54 am      Reply jacobi Says:

Hi,
    It was so cool at the track. We had so much fun. We were chanting so loud! It was so good BLUE came 1st, GREEN came 2nd, GOLD came 3rd and RED came 4th 🙂

2. May 9th, 2012 at 4:57 am      Reply Theresa Says:

Sports day was awesome! Green was lucky to win for the ball games! I wished that green won for the sports day. 🙁
    At least we came second. 🙂 I hope green wins next year.

From Theresa

3. May 9th, 2012 at 5:56 am      Reply Marie Dickson Says:

2/3D you were so lucky that the weather was cold but not raining on Monday and you seem to have had a great time.
    A ribbon from sports is very special as is keeping active and healthy. Keep up the good work.

4. May 10th, 2012 at 9:34 pm      Reply Room 17 Pinehill School Says:

Wow – you look like you all had a great day and were having lots of fun! You had lots of smiles on your faces. You looked great in all your colours.

Jacob – I hope you had a great time!
    Ciara – I liked the music that you picked to show your photos.

We are glad you had a good time!! Well done to all those people who received those beautiful ribbons in your events!

5. May 15th, 2012 at 10:11 am      Reply Mrs Smith Says:

I am so glad that you enjoyed the athletics day at Duncan MacKinnon Reserve and the ball games at school. I enjoyed reading the recount of the events and was so pleased to see so many smiling faces in the photos.

6. May 25th, 2012 at 1:25 am      Reply NickG, Class of 2010 Says:

Looks like you had a great time. Who had the most fun?

• May 25th, 2012 at 11:31 am      Reply adickson Says:

Hi Nicholas!

Thanks for your comment. Sports day was fun even though it was freezing cold.

We all had a great time at Scienceworks. We loved the planetarium and the time we spent in the general viewing gallery. When is your excursion to Scienceworks? I am sure you will have a great time to.

By the way our 2010 class fish are all still alive and doing well. Tell everyone I said hello.

Take care,
      From Miss Dickson

7. May 29th, 2012 at 5:01 am      Reply NickG Says:

Hi Miss Dickson,
    I’m glad that the fish are still alive. [ thats a long time! ]
    We had our excursion on the 23rd. I loved the roof screen in the planetarium too! I love the music on your Sports day video, what is the song called?
    Bye, [and take care of the fish!]
    Nick G

• May 29th, 2012 at 11:25 am      Reply adickson Says:

Hi Nicholas! Thanks for your comments and feedback.
      The song I have playing in the background of our sports day video is Smile by Keegan Smith.
      Say hi to everyone for me.
      from Miss Dickson

• June 5th, 2012 at 8:22 am      Reply NickG Says:

Hello,
        Thank-you for telling me! i love that song. 🙂 I hope you and your class are having a wonderful time,

Reply soon,
        NickG 🙂

8. May 29th, 2012 at 5:03 am      Reply KaseyB, class of 2010 Says:

Hi Miss Dickson,
    It is Kasey. I’m the one that researched on owls with you. Don’t forget last time i saw you
    you were at 7/11. I was with ruby.
    Nice talking to you. Send an email to meeeeeeeeeeee
    BY Kasey

• May 29th, 2012 at 11:26 am      Reply adickson Says:

Hi Kasey!
      How are you? Of course I remember you.
      Did you like your excursion to Scienceworks? What was your favourite part?
      Say Hi to Braiden and your mum for me.
      Take Care,
      From Miss Dickson

9. May 29th, 2012 at 5:11 am      Reply Emilyb 3/4LR Says:

Hello Miss Dickson,
    Do you remember my brother Ben? If not that’s all right. I am amazed that your fish is still alive, Ben was telling me about the fish. Hope to hear From you soon. Emily

• May 29th, 2012 at 11:28 am      Reply adickson Says:

Hi Emily! How are you? Of course I remember both your brothers – Lachlan and Ben. I taught them both when they were in year 2. The fish are still going well. I had to get a new fish tank as the old one stopped working but they love their new home. Say hi to your brothers and mum for me.
      Best Wishes always from Miss Dickson

10. June 3rd, 2012 at 9:44 am      Reply kasey Says:

Hi Miss Dickson
    My dad said hi. How are you?
    p.s Braiden and mum said hi too

11. June 7th, 2012 at 4:26 am      Reply isabella Says:

on sports day i had so much fun.
    but green team didnt win but maybe next time 🙂

12. June 7th, 2012 at 4:38 am      Reply isabella Says:

Hi Mrs Smith
    thank you for visiting our blog. i hope you
    had a great day too

13. August 11th, 2012 at 12:51 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Hi

I was lucky enough to attend the sports day, despite the freezing weather the rain at least stayed away so the kids could have fun competing. They all had lots of fun and enjoyed the day. Kids never feel the cold so they had a great time. I enjoyed watching all the kids compete and try their hardest. Well done to all.

From Sophie’s Mum