Kids Learning Together

A 3/4 Class Blog

Shake, Rattle and Roll!

June22

On Tuesday night at 8.53pm Melbourne was shaken by an Earthquake. The students in Year 2/3D wrote their own snapshot of their earthquake experience. Here are a few we would like to share:

Earthquake struck Victoria
On Tuesday the 19th of June, an earthquake struck parts of Melbourne. I was at home reading in my bed when the earthquake came. I scrambled out of bed up to my dad and we went out of the room. When the earthquake stopped we turned on the TV to see if they were going to talk about the earthquake. It was a very frightening time. By Theresa

Stunning Earthquake!
On the 19th of June the earthquake hit my house. I felt a really big shock. I heard a big rumbling noise and I thought my sister’s stomach was rumbling. I did not see anything. But when I looked outside I thought the tectonic plates had moved. By Sophie

The Horrific Earthquake
On Tuesday night there was an earthquake! The earthquake was only a little one but it had a lot of impact in some places. It was very frightening. By Marcus

On Tuesday 19th June an earthquake struck at 8.53pm in Melbourne. I was on my couch watching Beethoven the 2nd. My cat was on my lap. He was really shaking. We have a precious cardboard with precious things in it. I thought it was going to fall on me. But then I realised it was an Earthquake. By Kes

Earthquake
On Tuesday 19th June I felt a rumble. I thought my house was about to be destroyed. I was reading that night and then I felt the earthquake. I was shocked. I was so scared. I fell out of bed and landed face first on the ground. In the morning I told my mum everything. By Gabe

Earthquake
On Tuesday 19th June at 8.53pm Victoria had an unexpected earthquake. I was doing my homework when my chair started spinning. My books fell off my table and I was shocked. My Dad came to see if we were ok. It was an earthquake. By Atara

Earthquake Erupted
On Tuesday I was going to sleep when my room started to shake! I started to scream. My cat was running laps. First I thought someone was on my roof banging but it wasn’t that. Then my parents came. I was so scared. My Mum said it was an Earthquake. My sister was sleeping and did not hear anything. By Sarah

Earthquake attack
On Tuesday the 19th of June an earthquake struck Victoria. Nearly everybody felt it but some people didn’t and in some houses it was more active than others. In my house the tiles on the roof just shook. My sister Roisin ran out of her room scared and said something had rattled on the ceiling of her room. Alannah thought she said rat and went looking for it. By Aine

On Tuesday the 19th of June I was just sitting on the couch watching TV when a noise struck our house. I was a little bit afraid. My dog was really scared. I thought our tree was going to fall down. I found out in the morning it was an Earthquake. I was really amazed what had happened. By Brigitte

What were you doing when the earthquake happened?
Can you explain to us what causes an earthquake?

by posted under Uncategorized | 10 Comments »    

“Shake, Rattle and Roll!”

1. June 24th, 2012 at 10:18 pm      Reply Mrs Dickson Says:

I was sitting in the family room watching television when my chair started to move but at first I did not think it might be an earthquake. I thought it was a very strong wind and I went to the back door to look out. I felt very nervous when I learnt we had experienced a 5.3 earthquake but our house was not damaged and no one was hurt.
    Marie Dickson

2. June 25th, 2012 at 8:30 am      Reply amriths Says:

HI 2/3D earthquake terror on melbourne

Good job on your earthquake writing. It was very interesting. I felt it. I almost got out of bed so I took my nerf gun and shot some of my lego. Planes crashed into the floor so I needed to make it again.

3. June 25th, 2012 at 10:54 pm      Reply Alexsi Says:

Hi 2/3D

I felt the earthquake too. I was sitting down playing who am I
    with my cousin. Then I felt the earthquake, it felt scary.

4. June 27th, 2012 at 10:54 am      Reply Patrick Says:

Hi 2/3D

the EARTHQAUKE
    big topic to write about great job love to hear more about all the great topics you have instore for me
    From Patrick (Gemma’s cousin)
    ps i LUV CORKY THE PIG (BEANIE BOOS) THEY ROCK
    CORKY FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PPS GO BLUESS
    PPPS ENJOY UR TIME AT PRIMARY SCHOOL IT DOSENT LAST FOREVER
    PPPPS BYE
    PPPPPS EHEHHEHEHEHEHE

5. June 30th, 2012 at 9:22 am      Reply Alexsi Says:

Hi 2/3D
    My dad comes from Chile,South America and one time in that country there was a huge earthquake 8.9 it was the biggest earthquake in the world.

My dad was watching TV then he thought he would go to bed so he went to bed and he was looking at the celling.Then at 3:35 am he felt a shake he thought his dad was just moving his bed as a joke. But then after 1 minute it was still going on after 3 minutes he went to see if his mum and dad were okay so when he came down stairs he saw his mum standing under the door frame Because in chile the door frames are very strong, his mum had a torch in her hand because the power goes off straight away and after that she said stand under the door frame.
    Don’t worry the houses are built seismic which means
    movement of earth so there earthquake proof so they don’t collapse on you,

And thats all my dad told me.

6. August 2nd, 2012 at 3:03 am      Reply Anastasiar and Tahliab Says:

It was a scary time for us as well. We were in bed and all of a sudden…. RATTLE…. a earthquake struck. Everything was shaking it was FREAKYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
    By Tahlia and Anastaia, 5/6 Walsh

7. August 6th, 2012 at 9:50 am      Reply Samantha Lukies Says:

Hi 2/3D,

Another Earthquake in Melbourne!!!!

Zara’s Dad and I were all the way over in Indonesia when the Earthquake happened and didn’t feel a thing, though we got lots of messages from people telling us all about it!!!

Sam

8. August 6th, 2012 at 9:54 am      Reply Mariah Tsitsos Says:

Hello 2/3D,

I am Zara’s big sister and first I want to send a BIG hug and kiss to her!!!!

I live in Sydney, and we didn’t feel any shaking up here. I don’t think there has been an earthquake here since I was born!!!

Hope you are having fun learning about Earthquakes…

Mariah
    xx

9. August 8th, 2012 at 10:13 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Hi 2/3D,
    The Earthquake was WICKED.It was soooooooooooooo Funny.
    From Sophie

10. August 9th, 2012 at 12:35 am      Reply Zara's Grandma Pam Says:

Hi,

You sure gave had a couple of earthquakes in Victoria lately!

I live in Brisbane and we felt nothing all the way up here, but when I lived in Sydney the was one in Newcastle that I felt.

Hope you are having fun learning about earthquakes!!!

Zara’s Grandma Pam