Kids Learning Together

A 3/4 Class Blog

Holiday Adventures

July2

Here in Melbourne, Australia we are currently on two weeks school holidays. We would love for you to share highlights from your holidays with the class. You might want to recommend a place to visit, a movie to see or a book to read.

by posted under Uncategorized | 28 Comments »    

“Holiday Adventures”

1. July 6th, 2012 at 9:52 am      Reply isabella Says:

Hi 2/3D

on the holidays i went to my friend Tianas house for a play. Then my friend Tiana came to my house and had a sleep over and we played some games. Then it was time for dinner. we had some vegetables then we went to bed. The next day we woke up and had breakfast. Then Tianas mum came around and Tiana had to go home.

Then after a few days i went away to Mount Martha and i stayed in a house. I went with my sister and my mum and my other family friends. When we got there we had to unpack the car then after the car was unpacked Mum unlocked the door and counted 1,2,3 and then mum quickly opened the door and we went and checked out the house. it was a 2 storey and had two balconys on one of the balcony there were tables and chairs, then on the other balcony there was nothing. There was also a kitchen, top bunks, beds and 2 tvs. there was a few coffee shops and play grounds and shops that sold pretty decorations.

Then at dinner time we didn’t really have much because we went to the Drive In , we watched the movie brave. i sat in the middle row it was so fun after the drive in we went home and went to bed. The next day we went to the back beach and my pants got all wet from the waves we collected a few sea shells. Then we had some snacks, juice and a lamington. Then we went to the house ,and went to bed. the next day we played the logo board game and then played some games then we had to go home.

i loved our first week of the holidays

• July 6th, 2012 at 11:25 pm      Reply adickson Says:

Hi Isabella,
      Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. It sounds like you have had a very enjoyable week. Did you like the movie Brave? What rating would you give it out of 10? I haven’t been to a drive in since I was 10 years old. We went for my birthday and saw the movie crocodile Dundee.
      Enjoy the rest of your holidays.
      Best wishes from Miss Dickson

2. July 10th, 2012 at 4:24 am      Reply chiara Says:

Hi 2/3D,

on the holidays it was my party after the last day of school. It was so fun. We had mcdonalds before we went home. My mum moved all the stuff i had a diso party.

alison was the first one to get to my house. I showed her around. She loved my bedroom. we were putting wigs on, it was a mess. Then everyone else came and 25 people came.

I loved the last day of school. I had a BLAST there were cool glasses too. we got to sing a song i sang lot’s. Then it was time for cake i had cupcake it had discos on them and and a girl singing. I loved the last day of school.

All of my cousins and family stayed for dinner. We had another cake and it said ” happy birthday chiara” and i made a awesome wish that it started all again because i loved the Friday night. then i opened one of my presents and i got mouse trap. We played with all of my family it was a blast.
    friday friday got to get down on friday can’t wait till the weekends party and party and yay!!!!!!!!! Best holidays ever.

Best holidays,
    Chiara

• July 11th, 2012 at 12:43 pm      Reply adickson Says:

Hi Chiara,
      Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog. I hope you had a fantastic birthday. Your disco party sounds like lots of fun.
      From Miss Dickson

3. July 13th, 2012 at 7:33 am      Reply Marie Dickson Says:

2/3D I hope you have enjoyed your holidays. They go very quickly.
    I have loved spending time with my daughter. Keep up your excellent work in term 3.
    Marie Dickson

4. July 13th, 2012 at 9:47 am      Reply Brigitte Says:

On Sunday,
    We went to Scienceworks. The first thing we did was go to the Wallace and Gromet exhibition. Next we went and looked in the sports and game area. The first game we played was racing Cathy freeman. After that I went with my cousin Holly and made toast. Next we went and had a snack outside. After that we went up to Nity Grity super city up there we made food for some costermers. Next we went to the car park and travelled to nana’s. On the way we went past our new house then we stopped at home to get our DS. Then we were on our way to nana’s when we got there we had soup then dinner then we played Mario cart then we went home to bed.

From Brigitte

• July 13th, 2012 at 10:07 am      Reply adickson Says:

Hi Brigitte,
      Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog. Scienceworks is a great place to visit. What was your favourite thing you did there this time that we didnt’t get to see on our excursion last term?
      Enjoy the last two days of the holidays!
      From Miss Dickson

5. July 13th, 2012 at 11:20 am      Reply Brigitte Says:

Mostly over the holidays I have been helping mum and dad out around the house. I washed all the dishes without being asked and I made pancake in the microwave. I got the recipe from a cooking book they were a bit chewy and Maggie ate most of them. I also have been going to nana’s with my sister. We went for a walk and helped out in the garden. I have also been reading The Witches Dog on the IPad it is about a witch that doesn’t have a pet. I will finish it this weekend. Anyway I am looking forward to going back to school and seeing all my friends.
    From Brigitte

6. July 14th, 2012 at 6:12 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Hi,

On the holidays we, being my sister, brother and me, did a number of things.

These included, playing soccer with some of our friends, going to see the movie ‘BRAVE’ and having lunch at Hungry Jacks. We had a great time.

From Sophie.

• July 14th, 2012 at 8:02 am      Reply adickson Says:

Hi Sophie,
      Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. Did you like the movie Brave? What rating would you give the movie out of ten?
      Enjoy the last day of the holidays.
      From Miss Dickson

• July 16th, 2012 at 4:53 am      Reply sophie Says:

Thanks Miss D,
        If I could give Brave a 200 I would. It was GREAT! I wish you came too!
        From Sophie

7. July 15th, 2012 at 9:47 am      Reply Kess Says:

Hi 2/3D

In the holidays I went to Raymon and Liam’s house for a sleepover. We had pizza for dinner and we played Skylander and New Super Mario Bros and we watched lots of tv. In the morning we played more Wii and then I left. My mum and I went to pick up Zak and he came over to my house. We played the Wii and we played footy and I won 102-92. It was lots of fun!

From Kes

• July 15th, 2012 at 10:07 am      Reply adickson Says:

Hi Kes,
      Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. It is always great to catch up with friends. It sounds like you had lots of fun at your sleepover.
      See you tomorrow,
      From Miss Dickson

8. July 16th, 2012 at 4:46 am      Reply Theresa Says:

Hi 2/3D,
    On the holidays, it was my brother’s birthday. Me, my auntie and my brother made a cake together. We ate the cake at my cousins house. It was a bit salty but we still enjoyed it. Overall, I had a wonderful holiday.

From Theresa

9. July 16th, 2012 at 4:47 am      Reply Atara Says:

Hi 2/3D
    On my holidays I got horton.
    We went and watched ice age 4 continental drift.
    We went to my cousins house, we had subway for dinner. Then we watched karate kid.
    My friend came over for lunch.
    I had fun on my holiday

from Atara

10. July 16th, 2012 at 4:50 am      Reply justinw Says:

on holidays i went to rock hampton

11. July 16th, 2012 at 4:50 am      Reply gemma Says:

Hi 2/3D

on the holidays i went to the football carlton vs collingwood. i was very excited. i was happy because Carlton won. I also saw the three stooges, it was funny and i had a great time 🙂

from gemma

12. July 16th, 2012 at 4:56 am      Reply elisa Says:

Hi
    On my holidays I went to the snow. It was really fun. We went with 5 families. We had a snowball fight and I went tobogganing. The worst thing was that I got hit by a toboggan and that I got lost. After that I went out for dinner.

Elisa

13. July 16th, 2012 at 4:58 am      Reply Elisa Says:

Dear 2/3D,
    my family and I went to this place like the great wall except much bigger. Second we had lunch. Mum and Dad had porter house(a type of steak). My brother had fish and chips and I had some chicken.nMy mum said “I had the best dish”. At my holiday I sprained my ankle

14. July 16th, 2012 at 5:00 am      Reply monica Says:

Hi 2/3D
    it looks like you had a fantastic holiday. I went to disney on Ice. it was amazing, Mickey and Minnie mouse were there and lots of other disney characters were there. we were close to the stage. I wish we could go again
    Love monica
    🙂

15. July 16th, 2012 at 5:01 am      Reply Zara Says:

Dear 2/3D,
    On my holidays I went to Queensland for 2 weeks, it was really fun. I had a really good holiday, I hope you did too.
    Happy holidays
    From Zara

16. July 16th, 2012 at 5:01 am      Reply ellies Says:

On the holidays I went to the cinemas to see Brave, Ice Age 4 and Katy Perry. I went to the animal farm in Melbourne. I went with my family and my friends.

17. July 16th, 2012 at 5:03 am      Reply sarah Says:

Hi 2/3D,

on the holidays i went to lorne i left on friday. it was a 2 hour drive, when we got there it was night. we got our hotel and put our suitcases away, then we went to dinner at maple tree. The food there was yum. we had desert. I got a raspberry ice cream and my mouth turned pink. After we went to bed.

On Saturday we went on the trampoline and played mini golf. After we went to the shops and brought something.

On sunday in the afternoon we went home. i missed going to lorne. I hope we can go again one day. My favourite part was well, i think all of it, i loved every thing.

from sarah 😀

18. July 16th, 2012 at 5:04 am      Reply gabriels Says:

Hi 2/3d
    on the holidays i went to the hawthorn vs GWS football game.

19. July 16th, 2012 at 6:18 am      Reply Kes and Marcus Says:

Hi 2/3D

On saturday we went to our basketball game. We play for Wildcats. we versed Spirit magic, we won 21 to 3. One of our players got injured. The first half ended and we were winning 5 to 1. The second half started and marcus and I scored fabulous goals. Marcus and I scored 10 points each, we were very happy that we won by 18 points.

yours sincerely Kes and Marcus.

20. August 2nd, 2012 at 3:33 pm      Reply kes Says:

Hi 2/3D
    Marcus and Kes play basketball every Saturday morning. They are both really fantastic players and I love watching them play. I also love that they are a great team. They support each other on the court which is really important when in a team. Does anyone else play in a team sport? Have a great weekend 2/3D from Melissa (Kes’ Mum) xxx

21. August 9th, 2012 at 5:47 am      Reply Zara's Big Sister Says:

Hi 2/3D,

Wow, you all did some fun things for your holiday’s.

I got to come to Melbourne and went to a cake course where I made a bee hive and makeup bag out of cake, It was so yummy and the best part was I got to eat it afterwards!!!

Zara’s sister Ariana