Update about our Plant Experiments

July2

During the last 30 days the students in Year 2/3D have been growing radishes. They have experimented with different types of light and water. Below they share their findings and discoveries.

What other plants or vegetables have you grown?

“Update about our Plant Experiments”

1. July 13th, 2012 at 7:39 am      Reply Marie Dickson Says:

I wish I had the chance to learn more about plants and how they grow when I was at school as then I might have been a better gardener.
    I love flowers, herbs and fresh vegetables.
    You have inspired me to pot up some colourful plants and watch them grow.
    Well done.

2. July 18th, 2012 at 8:35 am      Reply isabelladf Says:

To 2/3D
    I liked planting our plants, it was very fun.
    my favourite part of planting our plants was putting the seeds in them.

3. August 2nd, 2012 at 2:44 am      Reply Soph and Matilda Says:

Hey 2/3D,
    The videos that your class showed us were fantastic. We really enjoyed Sebastian’s video because he has shown us about how to keep plants alive and be responsible to look after it. From Matilda and Sophie heheeh 🙂 :P:D

4. August 2nd, 2012 at 3:35 pm      Reply kes Says:

Looking at your plant experiment has reminded me that I need to do some work in my vegie garden. What vegetables should I grow? I’m not sure what vegetable seeds to plant in winter so I hope you can help me. I’ll keep checking your class blog to see if you have any ideas. Thanks 2/3D!
    From Melissa (Kes’ Mum)

• August 3rd, 2012 at 8:05 am      Reply gemma Says:

hi Melissa
      thank you for your comment. in your gardan you could have lots of things like broccoli and lots of others. i hpoe you have a great time planting your vegetables:)

from Gemma

5. August 3rd, 2012 at 12:01 am      Reply Louisa Says:

hi 2/3D,
    I like your plant experiments. Did you know at my old school in prep we had a garden? I wonder how a seed can grow so big.
    from Louisa

6. August 3rd, 2012 at 8:36 am      Reply Isabelladf Says:

Now that the children have learnt about growing plants Isabella is going to grow some lettuces for summer salads.
    I think this was a wonderful experience for all the students to learn about gardening.

From (Isabella’s grandma)

7. August 3rd, 2012 at 11:59 pm      Reply Sophie Says:

I liked our plants. When I took mine home I’ve been forgetting to water it.
    From Sophie.

8. August 6th, 2012 at 10:36 am      Reply lachland Says:

Hi 2/3d

i liked planting the radishes. mine are growing. 1 was yellow then turned green
    from lachlanD

9. August 6th, 2012 at 11:24 am      Reply atara Says:

I loved planting are raddish seeds for our plant experiment.
    I learned lots of things about plants.
    We have lots of tomatoes, chillis and eggplant.

from Atara

10. August 6th, 2012 at 1:31 pm      Reply Lisa Says:

Wow Monica, your radish plants look great! I never knew you were such a good gardener 🙂
    From lisa (Monica’s auntie)

11. August 7th, 2012 at 9:52 am      Reply gemma Says:

Hello 2/3D,

I like plants. I am growing an apple tree. Appple trees take ages to grow. Its been three years and its still a baby. I can’t wait until its fully grown.

Happy planting:)

Sabrina Gemma’s Sister

12. August 7th, 2012 at 9:54 am      Reply gemma Says:

i like planting our plants it was really fun i wish we could do it again 🙂

from gemma:)

13. August 7th, 2012 at 11:09 am      Reply Maria Says:

Hi Monica
    Great job with the radishes! What are you going to plant next? Maybe we can plant some in our garden too

From Monica’s Grandmother

14. August 7th, 2012 at 11:12 am      Reply Frank Says:

You can help me plant some veggies in the garden soon Monica just like last year

From Monica’s Grandfather

15. August 8th, 2012 at 9:15 pm      Reply justin's mum Says:

Hi everyone,
    How exciting to see Sally and Anna win Gold medals .They have worked so hard and looked so proud.Go Aussies!
    Justin’s mum

16. August 8th, 2012 at 10:17 pm      Reply justin's dad Says:

Justins plant experiment about raddish’s was cool, if only he could spend this much time in our vegetable garden.
    Justin’s Dad

17. August 14th, 2012 at 1:58 am      Reply Claudia Says:

WOW this is really cool, I remember planting plants in primary school !

(Claudia – Monica’s Friend)

18. August 14th, 2012 at 2:02 am      Reply Katerina (Monica's Friend) Says:

Dear Monica, I like the way you spoke in the video. It was a pleasure to watch what you talk about you are learning at school. Very Very well done. Look like you are having fun at school and enjoying your work.

From Katerina Egglezos ( Monica’s friend)

19. August 14th, 2012 at 2:03 am      Reply Isabelle Says:

I think that these are all great videos…the plants are fantastic and looking forward to see the final results. 😀

From Isabelle……
    (Monica’s Friend)

20. August 14th, 2012 at 2:03 am      Reply Shantelle (Monica's Friend) Says:

Very well done, looks like your learning a lot. Enjoy the rest of primary school.

From Shantelle Hipolito (Monica’s Friend)

21. August 14th, 2012 at 2:05 am      Reply Shantelle (Monica's Friend) Says:

nice work guys loving all the things you have done.

22. August 14th, 2012 at 2:18 am      Reply Laura( Says:

I thought that the plants were really cool and the people who did are really good at making the plants. I want to see the final plants and hopefully they grow a lot.

From Laura
    (Monicas friend)

23. August 14th, 2012 at 11:43 pm      Reply Fallon Says:

Awesome work 🙂 so remember doing plants in primary school 🙂 keep it up Monica 😀
    From Fallon
    (Monica’s friend)

24. August 14th, 2012 at 11:45 pm      Reply Emma Says:

Great work Monica. Keep up the fantastic effort 🙂
    From Emma (Monica’s friend)

25. August 14th, 2012 at 11:46 pm      Reply Mia Says:

Well done Monica. I like planting too!
    Monica’s friend Mia.

26. August 14th, 2012 at 11:48 pm      Reply Kelly Says:

Great planting Monica, can’t wait to see the final results, from all of you!
    Best wishes
    (Monica’s friend)

27. August 14th, 2012 at 11:51 pm      Reply Emma Says:

Terrific achievements Monica, looking forward to seeing and hearing more.
    (Monica’s friend)

28. August 16th, 2012 at 6:04 am      Reply Julia Says:

What a great job you did on the video Monica! Super impressed. You’ll have to let me in on your growing secret as You have green thumbs!
    (Monica’s cousin)