Our Olympic Tagxedos

August3

On Friday afternoons half of our class go to choir. Today with the students not in choir we created our own Olympic Tagxedo. We brainstormed all the sports in the Olympics and all the words to do with the Olympics to make our creations. We hope you enjoy our designs.

By Marcus and Gabe

By Isabella and Stephanie

By Jacob I and Brigitte

By Lachlan and Jacob P

By Alexandra and Ella (in 3/4GA)

By Josh and Caterina (in 3/4GA)

Do you have a favourite Olympic athlete?

“Our Olympic Tagxedos”

1. August 3rd, 2012 at 11:46 am      Reply Tina Says:

Hi 2/3D! I love your tagxedos, very creative and they look really cool! Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!

From Tina (Brigitte’s mum)

2. August 3rd, 2012 at 12:04 pm      Reply Maggie Says:

I really like your work I know I can’t speak human language but I wrote this comment with Brigitte. Woof woof!!

From Maggie (Brigitte’s dog)

3. August 4th, 2012 at 3:29 am      Reply Mary-An Says:

Wow! These tagxedo’s are very creative – I hope you’re all enjoying watching the olympics!

From Theresa’s sister

4. August 4th, 2012 at 4:26 am      Reply Amelia Says:

hi 2/3
    they look really cool
    from Amelia

5. August 4th, 2012 at 11:10 am      Reply Miss Dickson Says:

I love watching all the different events at the Olympic games. Swimming is my favourite Olympic sport. Unfortunately with the time difference the swimming medal events are happening overnight while I am sleeping and I have to watch the replay.

Tonight I watched Erin Densham win a bronze medal in the womens triathlon. Did you know she had to swim 1500 meters, then go on a 43 kilometer bike ride followed by a 10 kilometer run. In the Beijing Olympics Erin came 22nd. Today what an awesome effort to come 3rd! The first time the triathlon was an event at the Olympics was in Sydney in 2000, so it is still a relatively new Olympic event.

Go Aussies!!!
    From Miss Dickson

6. August 4th, 2012 at 11:40 pm      Reply isabelladf Says:

i really like your taxedos because they are very colourful
    from (isabellas sister)

7. August 4th, 2012 at 11:46 pm      Reply isabelladf Says:

i really liked doing our taxedos
    it was fun
    from isabella

8. August 5th, 2012 at 2:16 am      Reply Elaine Says:

Your word clouds are amazing. You thought of great olympic words!

From Elaine (Miss Gale’s Mum)

9. August 5th, 2012 at 4:39 am      Reply Paul Wakeling Says:

Hi Gr 2/3D, You’re taxedos look fantastic!
    My favourite athlete so far in the games has been Drew Ginn. Why, because he’s competing in his fourth games and had previously won gold in 1996, gold in 2004 and gold in 2008, along with silver at London. What an incredible effort to be at the top of a sport since 1996!! I also like him because he’s an old bloke compared to the rest of the young athletes!
    I hope you’re enjoying the games!
    Keep up your great work on your blog!
    Mr Wakeling

10. August 5th, 2012 at 9:53 am      Reply Lezah Says:

What a lovely blog you have posted. So many interesting things to read about. It makes me want to be at school again.
    I look forward to reading many more of your wonderful activities.
    from (Isabella’s Aunty Lezah)

11. August 6th, 2012 at 12:44 am      Reply Marie Dickson Says:

2/3D I love your blog. Your Tagxedo work is terrific. You are all very clever.
    I love watching the olympic games especially the swimming and athletics.
    I am very proud of all our Australians.

• August 7th, 2012 at 12:50 am      Reply isabella Says:

Dear Marie
      thank you for visting our blog. I am glad you like it.

• August 9th, 2012 at 10:21 pm      Reply Ashanya Says:

Thank you for your comment Marie Dickson.
      Swimming is my favirote sport too.
      I cant wait till Australia get’s another gold.

From Ashanya ( Atara sister )

12. August 6th, 2012 at 4:57 am      Reply Mrs Andrea Smith Says:

Grade 2/3 D your taxedos about the Olympics are wonderful! Mrs Smith

13. August 6th, 2012 at 8:59 am      Reply gemma Says:

I just love your taxedos. There bright and colorful. All the words really describe the Olympics.
    I love using taxedos.

From Gemma’s Sister

Sabrina

14. August 6th, 2012 at 9:21 am      Reply isabelladf Says:

I really like your tagxedos – you have some excellent words and the colours of your maps of Australia look great.
    From (Isabella’s Dad).

15. August 6th, 2012 at 9:24 am      Reply Sophie Says:

I liked making Tagxedos. It was great making them.
    From Sophie

• August 8th, 2012 at 9:02 am      Reply gemma Says:

Hi Sophie,

All your tagxedos are so cool i did not get to do one because i was at chior
      but you all did a good job. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

From Gemma πŸ™‚

16. August 6th, 2012 at 10:26 am      Reply lachland Says:

Hi 2/3d

I think the taxedos were awesome and fantastic
    from Lachlan

17. August 7th, 2012 at 12:55 am      Reply gemma Says:

i hope you had a grat time doing tagxedos. they look amazing it was a shame that i went to choir and did not get to do it
    but all of your tagxedos are amazing πŸ™‚

from gemma:)

18. August 7th, 2012 at 8:41 am      Reply gemma Says:

one of my favourite athletes is sally person i like her because she is a fast runner i hope she can get the AUSSIES GOLD
    GO AUSSIE πŸ™‚
    From Gemma

19. August 7th, 2012 at 8:53 am      Reply gemma Says:

hi 2/3D,
    All your tagxedos look amazing they are really cool.
    my favourite sportman is pattie mills he is in the Australian basketball team. I like him because i think he is a good basketball player

Fom Gemma’s Dad:)

20. August 7th, 2012 at 12:13 pm      Reply Nancy Says:

Wow Gabe I love your artistic work. Can’t wait to see more. From your godmother

21. August 7th, 2012 at 12:22 pm      Reply Marko Says:

Hey Gabe, great work on your picture buddy. Really motivational…makes me want to go for gold πŸ˜‰

22. August 8th, 2012 at 4:25 am      Reply Rita (Gabe's Aunt) Says:

Love these tagxedos, they’re very creative. Great colours and very inspirational.

23. August 8th, 2012 at 8:55 am      Reply Zara's Stepmum Says:

Wow, these look fantastic, good enough to frame and hang up on the wall….

What a great way to put all the inspirational words about the London Olympics in a poster!!!!

Great idea….

Sam

24. August 8th, 2012 at 8:56 am      Reply gemma Says:

i like all your tagxedos
    they are cool

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ From Gemma

25. August 8th, 2012 at 9:04 am      Reply gemma Says:

i like your tagxedos they are amazing πŸ™‚ i hope you had a great time making them.

from gemma πŸ™‚

26. August 8th, 2012 at 9:24 am      Reply gemma Says:

I love your taxedos!
    Whats your favorite thing in Australia?
    I think the people are great. The things around you are so beautiful and you have your own freedom.
    What do you like about the Olympics? I like all the sports. When we win gold the athletes tell what they did to get there. They say belief, courage and faith. These things can teach us lessons in life. My favorite sport in the Olympics is basketball.
    The taxedos were creative great job. Just saying i love your blog always a cool suprise. I hope you are learning well.
    Great job

From Sabrina Gemma’s sister

πŸ™‚ :):) πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ :):) :):) πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

27. August 8th, 2012 at 10:06 am      Reply Jacobi Says:

It’s Jacobi Olympics well I am not to sure about australia. I am going for Italy, us and Fiji
    The Olympics are great this year they are so fun.
    I wish that I was in London πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ :D:D:S:S

28. August 8th, 2012 at 10:08 am      Reply Jacobi Says:

Hi2/3D

It’s Jacobi

I love the Olympics it is so great to watch on the TV

29. August 8th, 2012 at 11:10 am      Reply Monica Fazzino Says:

I loved how the Olympic Tagxedo turned out – I wish I was in class to do one – maybe I will have a go this weekend- I might try one on gymnastics. It’s a great idea and it looks really cool

Monica

30. August 8th, 2012 at 12:46 pm      Reply Oliver(Elisa's Brother) Says:

The Tagxedos look very colourful and attractive. I wish my class go to do them anyway those are great πŸ™‚

31. August 9th, 2012 at 8:55 am      Reply Ashanya ( Atara's sister ) Says:

hi 2/3 D
    i really loved your tagzidos.
    they were really colourful
    the words are really good and really connect to the Olympics.

form ashanya
    hope to see you soon
    πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚
    GO AUSSIE WIN US A GOLD

32. August 12th, 2012 at 1:19 pm      Reply Mrs Williams Says:

Hi Gr 2/3D,
    You’re taxedos look fantastic! In fact I have spent far too long reading your blog, I really should go to bed but I keep on reading more! Congratulations to you all! The fun that you are having learning in your classroom is incredible!

I am loving the Olympic Games and will be sad when they finish tomorrow. This time I have watched both the women’s and men’s marathons and I’m amazed at their courage and determination to struggle through 40km and complete the race. I don’t have 1 favourite athlete but admire all of the athletes who have competed in the Marathon. I am amazed at their sheer will to get over the finish line, whether it was first or last!

Keep on having fun!
    Mrs Williams

33. August 14th, 2012 at 2:00 am      Reply Claudia Says:

thats reeally cool and they look like something you would find in google images ! Good work πŸ™‚

(claudia – Monica’s Friend)

34. August 15th, 2012 at 9:19 am      Reply isabella Says:

i really like your tagxedos i wish i knew how to do one
    from (isabellas sister)

35. August 30th, 2012 at 8:08 am      Reply alannah tuohy Says:

hello, me again!
    I liked your Olympic taxedos. they were great, even though there were a few spelling mistakes. my favorite ones were by Josh and Caterina and Jacob I and Brigitte