100th Day Celebrations

August7

On Wednesday 1st August it was our Prep’s 100th day at school. Our whole school decided to help them celebrate this special milestone. Students could come dressed in something to do with the number 100. In maths we used our 100 things to represent multiplication and division. We even ate fairy bread with 100s and 1000s. Check out some of the fun we had celebrating the Prep’s 100th day.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own free photo slideshow

We created our own class book. We had to finish the following sentence ‘I wish I had 100……’ We hope you enjoy reading our class book.
I wish I had 100
If you could wish for 100 things what would you wish for?

“100th Day Celebrations”

1. August 7th, 2012 at 11:52 am      Reply Carmela Fazzino Says:

Hi 2/3D just wanted to say great job with creative ideas for 100 – love the idea of 100 bows, buttons and streamers !!! 100 year old people were very cuite ! What a brilliant task and it looked like a fun day – Well done !

2. August 7th, 2012 at 11:54 am      Reply Max Fazzino Says:

Monica’s little brother was looking at the photos and said “Wow look at the pirate and cool $100 top. He loved the idea – !!!!

(Monica’s brother – Max)

3. August 7th, 2012 at 11:56 am      Reply Zara's Big Sister Says:

How cool to celebrate 100 days of Prep…..

I would love to have 100 blocks of chocolate too Zara, maybe I would even share some with you…..

You sure do lots of fun things when you are school, can;t wait to read lots more things!!

Zara’s Big Sister
    Mariah
    x

4. August 7th, 2012 at 11:56 am      Reply John Fazzino Says:

Well Done, 2/3D a wonderful effort.

5. August 7th, 2012 at 12:02 pm      Reply Paul Wakeling Says:

Hi Grade 2/3D,
    I would wish for Collingwood to win the Grandfinal by a 100 points!!!!
    That’s a great wish isn’t it!!??
    Mr Wakeling

• August 7th, 2012 at 8:56 pm      Reply isabella Says:

dear Mr wakeling
      thank you for looking at i wish i had 100 i hope you liked it.
      from Isabella

• August 9th, 2012 at 1:45 am      Reply Joe (Gabe's Dad) Says:

It is good to dream Mr Wakeling…

• August 9th, 2012 at 9:38 am      Reply Gishain and Atara Says:

hi Mr Wakeling

Thank you for your coment.
      My brother totally agrees that he would wish for collingwood to win 100 points.
      Great comment.

from Atara and Gishain
      :):):):):):):)

6. August 7th, 2012 at 12:54 pm      Reply Miss T Says:

Wow 2/3 you are so busy. i absolutely loved your photos from 100 days. It was fantastic. I also loved how you were able to celebrate with the Preps! You were all very clever in coming up with an outfit for the day. Keep up the great work, Im sure i will come for a visit soon

Miss T

7. August 7th, 2012 at 8:52 pm      Reply isabella Says:

my favorite thing about doing the wish i had 100 sheet was the picture it was really fun
    from Isabella

8. August 8th, 2012 at 2:24 am      Reply Jenny Dunstan Says:

Well done everyone. What a wonderful idea.
    I would wish for 100 parties to be held all around the world for people to have fun.
    Of course Zara and I would have to visit each one.

Zara’s Mum

9. August 8th, 2012 at 5:10 am      Reply Zara's Aunty Cath Says:

We must be up to day 101 by now – I hope the school is not overrun by 101 Dalmations!!!
    100 Days celebration was a lovely idea to make the preps feel part of the BIG family!
    100 Blocks of chocolate sounds like a physical challenge that would be worth sharing with your favourite aunty….

Zara’s Aunty Cath xoxo

10. August 8th, 2012 at 6:15 am      Reply gemma Says:

i like making i wish i had a 100 it was very fun and i hope the preps had a good fun day for there 100 day at school:) 🙂 🙂
    🙂

from gemma 🙂 🙂

11. August 8th, 2012 at 6:39 am      Reply gemma Says:

I like your i wish i had a 100 they look really cool you all did a really good work 🙂 🙂 🙂

from gemma 🙂 🙂

12. August 8th, 2012 at 6:55 am      Reply Kevin Drew Says:

Hi Zara,
    Wow, I love your 100 poster. I like chocolate too. Keep up the good work.

Zara’s Uncle Kev.

13. August 8th, 2012 at 7:20 am      Reply Pauline Summerton Says:

We are really keen on a chocolate festival. We love the idea of 100 days of chocolate

14. August 8th, 2012 at 7:22 am      Reply James Summerton Says:

I would like to read the hunger games and have 100 arrows and a bow but chocolates sounds like fun too.

15. August 8th, 2012 at 7:23 am      Reply Amelia Summerton Says:

I would like a 100m pool for my 100 marine animals but they all eat chocolate.

16. August 8th, 2012 at 7:25 am      Reply Ian Summerton Says:

I would like to drive at 100km/h in my red Ferrari. Would you like to come with me?

17. August 8th, 2012 at 7:45 am      Reply Montana Says:

Hi,

I am Montana, Zara’ friend and my mum and I have been looking at your class blog.

I am in Prep this year and wish that we could of had a party at our school for 100 days of Prep, it would be so much fun.

Montana (and Alicia)

18. August 8th, 2012 at 8:43 am      Reply gemma Says:

i like all your i wish i had a 100 they are great 🙂 🙂

from gemma

19. August 8th, 2012 at 8:47 am      Reply zara Says:

Dear 2/3D,

I really like the “I wish I had 100” of something that we got to do for the Prep’s 100 days. And I like some of the interesting things that other people in my class chose.

From Zara

20. August 8th, 2012 at 9:11 am      Reply gemma Says:

I would like 100 apples it might sound weird but apples are like chocolate to me and 100 lint balls yummmmmmm.
    What would you want 100 of????

Sabrina (Gemma’s sister)
    🙂 🙂
    🙂 🙂

21. August 8th, 2012 at 9:17 am      Reply Monica Fazzino Says:

wow I love your costumes

on the preps 100 day I wore a dress with 100 ribbons

what did you wear ?
    I hope you had a good time
    love from Monica

22. August 8th, 2012 at 9:54 am      Reply Sophie Says:

I liked dressing up as a pirate. It was FUNNNNNNNY!
    By. Sophie

23. August 8th, 2012 at 9:55 am      Reply Jacobi Says:

It’s Jacobi I really in enjoyed preps 100th day it was so exciting and fun we got to make fairy bread!

From Jacobi

24. August 8th, 2012 at 10:27 am      Reply gemma Says:

that look’s like fun to make 🙂 🙂

from gemma 🙂 🙂 🙂

25. August 8th, 2012 at 11:04 am      Reply Zara's Stepmum Says:

Zara, how did I know your wish would have something to do with chocolate!!!!

There are days that I wish I had a hundred more hours in it when I am really busy!!!!!

Sam
    x

26. August 8th, 2012 at 11:08 am      Reply Zara's Stepmum Says:

Hi,

Zara, I think you might have gotten your chocolate addiction from your Dad, cause like you I think I would wish for 100 blocks of chocolate as well.

Zara’s Dad
    Nick

27. August 8th, 2012 at 11:14 am      Reply Frank Says:

I’m glad I didn’t have to sew on your 100 ribbons! But they looked great 🙂
    Monica’s grand father

28. August 8th, 2012 at 11:15 am      Reply Maria Says:

So many 100’s! Good job
    Monica’s grand mother

29. August 8th, 2012 at 11:16 am      Reply Lisa Says:

Looks like you would’ve counted to 100 about 100 times that day!!
    Lisa
    Monica’s auntie

30. August 8th, 2012 at 8:56 pm      Reply justins sister Says:

i loved the video it was amazing

31. August 9th, 2012 at 7:51 am      Reply Zara's Auntie Collie Says:

Hi Zara,
    I think we would all like to share the 100 chocolates with you…YUM..
    Love Auntie Collie xox

32. August 9th, 2012 at 11:28 pm      Reply Marie Dickson Says:

2/3D Thank you for sharing your 100 day celebration on your blog.
    Your ideas for dressing up were very clever. You are very good at maths.
    Your smiles made me happy.
    Your work showing what you would like if you could have 100
    of anything was very special to read. I think I would like to share
    100 special and happy days with my family.

33. August 10th, 2012 at 10:55 am      Reply Ellies Mum Says:

Hi 2/3 D and Ellie
    Great job on your posters. I’m glad we don’t have a 100 dogs they would be very smelly. I agree with Zara I wish I had 100 blocks of chocolate mmmm yummy:)
    Ellie’s Mum

34. August 14th, 2012 at 2:02 am      Reply Grace Says:

Well done everyone!

(monica’s friend)

35. August 14th, 2012 at 2:04 am      Reply Isabella(Monica's friend) Says:

vey very busy you guys are. Loving all the work you have done.

36. August 14th, 2012 at 2:04 am      Reply Milly Whitehead Says:

GOOD JOB GUYS! I fully support what you guys are doing.
    Good job. xx

(Monica’s friend)

37. August 14th, 2012 at 2:34 am      Reply amalia(Monica's friend) Says:

very well done guys i love the work you have done.amalia

38. August 15th, 2012 at 9:06 am      Reply isabella Says:

I really liked the 100 sheets. i wish i had 100 birthdays
    from (isabellas sister)

39. August 16th, 2012 at 1:17 am      Reply Ellies Aunty Says:

I really like your drawings of 100 things. I wish I had 100 days of sleeping. Keep up the good work.
    Ellie’s Aunty Shelley

40. August 16th, 2012 at 11:19 am      Reply Ellie's cousin Says:

Fantastic posters, I wish my school did something fun and cool like this!! Ellie I would like 100 dogs too but your mum is right they would be smelly!! I would like 100 monster trucks to play with!!

41. August 16th, 2012 at 3:39 pm      Reply Stephen Sorbello Says:

If i could wish for 100 THINGS I would wish for 100 LAWN MOWERS! Thats right, lawn mowers! All different types and colours broom broooomm. Honda’s, Victa’s, Masports, Rovers, green, grey, blue, orange and a bright PINK one just for my lil cousin monica!! 😉
    Great job to all in 2/3D! I really like what some of you are wishing for 🙂
    From Monica’s lil BiG cousin Steve

42. August 21st, 2012 at 6:56 am      Reply Ellies dad Says:

Your pictures look great and the things you want sound very exciting I wish I had 100 days off work so I could play
    From Ellie’s Dad