Our Olympic Mascots

August9

Every Olympics the host country designs a mascot for their olympic games. This year London designed Wenlock and Mandeville. Watch the video below to see how the London Olympic Games Mascots were created:

The students in Year 2/3D created their own Oympic Mascot. Some students chose to design their mascot for the next Olympics which will be held in Brazil in 2016. Other students chose to design a mascot for the next time the Olympics will be in Australia. Click on the link below to find out more about our mascots.

Do you have a favourite Olympic Mascot?
If you could design your own Olympic Mascot what would it be?

“Our Olympic Mascots”

1. August 9th, 2012 at 8:42 am      Reply Gehan Fernando. Atara's Dad Says:

The thought of giving the oppotunity to all these kids to design their own mascot for the 2016 Olympics was wonderful as the mindset of each child is reflected and the confidence that they have gained from the project reflects their own immagination. Well done!!

2. August 9th, 2012 at 9:24 am      Reply Ross Mannell Says:

Hello 2/3D,

When I first saw the London 2012 Mascots, I wondered how Wenlock and Mandeville were born. I looked at the video you have included at the top of the post and understood. Now, I’ve had a chance to see what ideas you all had.

Ninja Bear, Blinky Bill, Super Olympic Toucan, Flames, Emma the Emu, Natura, Cazil, Zarook, Blue Ring, Lucy, Platty, Brazilian Cat, Sylvester, Collar, Maverick, Melbie, Aussie, Double Time, Le Fruggi, Supersonic, Stroke, Steak Man, AP, Triangle Man, and Monica are all wonderful creations. Any one fo them would make great mascots whether they were meant for Brazil or the next time Australia hosts the Olympics.

All of your oral reports on your mascots were very clear and well spoke. Well done, everyone. 🙂

@RossMannell
    Teacher, NSW, Australia

• August 11th, 2012 at 6:49 am      Reply Oliver(Elisa's Brother) Says:

They’re all so great because Brazil is made up of rainforest with many diverse animals and that is what they thought.

3. August 10th, 2012 at 4:08 am      Reply Joe (Gabe's Dad) Says:

Great Mascots and great presentations. I like Kez’s mascot (its lunchtime and I am hungry!) and I like the way Gabe you incorporated the Olympic rings in your Mascot design.

Keep up the good work 2/3D.

4. August 10th, 2012 at 11:38 am      Reply Lisa Says:

Great job on the mascots 2/3D. They look very impressive!
    Lisa – Monica’s auntie

5. August 11th, 2012 at 12:45 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Hi

I really liked all the mascots for the Olympics they were very creative and original. Of course I especially liked Sophie’s Blinky Bill.

From Sophie’s Mum

6. August 11th, 2012 at 6:44 am      Reply Oliver(Elisa's Brother) Says:

My favourite mascots are the ones of 2008 Bejing. Their names also spelt Welcome to Bejing which I thought was cool

7. August 12th, 2012 at 1:35 am      Reply Sophie Says:

I liked your Olympic Mascots. They were TERRIFIC. What materials did you use?
    From ALex (Sophie’s brother)

8. August 12th, 2012 at 1:51 am      Reply Michelle (Sarah's mum) Says:

Hi 2/3D. I now know how Wenlock and Mandeville were created. You all did a fantastic job on creating your own Olympic mascots. Your ideas are very creative and interesting. It seems as though a lot of thought and effort went into creating these mascots. I enjoyed them all. A job well done!!

From Sarah’s mum

9. August 12th, 2012 at 10:21 pm      Reply Marie Dickson Says:

2/3D. All your mascots were terrific and very creative.
    I enjoyed your presenations and ideas. Well done.

10. August 13th, 2012 at 10:23 am      Reply Clement (Elisah's Uncle) Says:

Great job on the mascots. All of you have such wonderful ideas for the greatest sporting event ever.

11. August 14th, 2012 at 1:56 am      Reply Sarah Says:

Good job on the mascots

12. August 14th, 2012 at 1:57 am      Reply CASS Says:

That was some very cute mascots! 😀 Well done.

(Cassandra – Monicas friend)

GOOOOO MONICAAAAAAAA !

13. August 14th, 2012 at 1:58 am      Reply Sarah (Monicas Friend) Says:

Wow, what great mascots! Good job on making them.

14. August 14th, 2012 at 1:59 am      Reply Roisin (Monicas friend) Says:

Great Work Monica!!! I like your mascot, its very bright and colourful 🙂

15. August 14th, 2012 at 2:00 am      Reply Abigayle Thomas Says:

U are so cool and awesome! :)!!!!!! (Monica’s friend)

16. August 14th, 2012 at 2:00 am      Reply lisa Says:

good job!

(monica’s friend)

17. August 14th, 2012 at 2:01 am      Reply Eliza (Monica's friend) Says:

Good job on your mascots! They were very colourful!

18. August 14th, 2012 at 2:02 am      Reply Emily Says:

Your blog is amazing I really love it! Such good work! And your mascots are really good they should be in the Olympics!! 🙂

Emily(Monica’s Friend)

19. August 14th, 2012 at 2:04 am      Reply Veronica Says:

All your mascots are awesome. You have such great ideas.

Veronica (Monica’s Friend) 🙂

20. August 14th, 2012 at 2:06 am      Reply Naomi Oorloff (Monica's Friend) Says:

You have done a great mascot and it looks cute and adorable.

21. August 14th, 2012 at 2:06 am      Reply Naomi Oorloff (Monica's Friend) Says:

Well done Monica.

22. August 14th, 2012 at 2:40 am      Reply Naomi Oorloff (Monica's Friend) Says:

Great job Monica you rock

23. August 14th, 2012 at 1:27 pm      Reply Caroline (Louisa's mum) Says:

2/3D, I truly am impressed with the level of creativity shown in all of your work. The Brazilian Olympic Committee should take on some of your ideas. Well done!

24. August 15th, 2012 at 1:53 am      Reply Anita (Monica's Friend) Says:

They look awesome!

25. August 15th, 2012 at 2:47 am      Reply Subi (Elisa's Friend's Mum) Says:

All the mascots looks so great, great ideas and well done year 2/3D

26. August 15th, 2012 at 6:44 am      Reply gemma Says:

I love your mascots. They look amazing! 🙂
    The names of your mascots are cool! great job!

27. August 15th, 2012 at 6:48 am      Reply gemma Says:

Hi 2/3D everyone’s looks amazing!

28. August 15th, 2012 at 6:55 am      Reply gemma Says:

I love your blog! All your post are so interesting!
    Hope I can see more!

Sabrina

p.s mascots so cool!

29. August 15th, 2012 at 7:37 am      Reply chiarai. chiara's mum Says:

Wow!!!! 2/3D,

I love watching the olympics. It looks so fun.

30. August 15th, 2012 at 8:17 am      Reply amrith Says:

hi 2/3d
    It was great watching the dvd of wenlock and mandervile. I also liked the posters of what people done. you did a great job on your blog

31. August 15th, 2012 at 8:57 am      Reply amelia Says:

wow 2/3 i like the video i wonder if it was based on a real story

from amelia 🙂 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32. August 15th, 2012 at 9:02 am      Reply isabella Says:

i wish that i was there to do my mascot
    from (isabellas sister)

33. August 15th, 2012 at 11:51 am      Reply Darren (Louisa's brother) Says:

Great olympic mascots! I think they look awesome and they should be the real mascots

34. August 15th, 2012 at 11:53 am      Reply Brigid (Louisa's grandmother) Says:

I am impressed by all your suggested mascots. They are all very creative. Young as you are, you are all very promising.

35. August 30th, 2012 at 7:58 am      Reply alannah tuohy Says:

hello
    I really liked your mascots, especially the brazil toucan and the olympic cat that Steph did.
    they were awesome. I haven’t got around to looking at them on display so the video let me see them.
    Platty was good too
    from Aine’s sister (Alannah).

36. August 30th, 2012 at 8:54 am      Reply Theresa's dad Says:

What cool olympic mascots!
    I love all the mascots, especially the toucans.

From Theresa’s father.

37. November 6th, 2014 at 8:20 am      Reply Polo Bear Says:

Hi guys!
    I haven’t been to holy family in a while, hope you guys are okay.
    I have an idea for a mascot…. A baby dalek!
    Sorry, I’m a bit obsessed with doctor who and baby daleks. Maybe a dalek would have been better for the London Olympics, since Doctor Who is British…
    I have a picture of a baby dalek I am making which I can post once I’ve finished if you like.

From Polo Bear (Alannah)