2/3D are learning about Multiplication and Arrays

August24

2/3D have been learning about multiplication. An array is a set of objects arranged in order, often in rows and columns. Arrays make counting and calculating easier. Check out all the different arrays we found in our classroom and school playground.

2/3D created their own array word problems. Click on the link below and see if you can solve our multiplication problems.

We would love for you to leave us a multiplication problem to solve or you could try and solve one of our problems.

“2/3D are learning about Multiplication and Arrays”

1. August 24th, 2012 at 9:35 pm      Reply Alessia Says:

I got a sum for you 2/3D

7 rows of 9
    or 7×9=

Hope you can solve it!
    from Alessia

2. August 27th, 2012 at 6:17 am      Reply gemma Says:

I got some sums for you.

8×5=
    9×9=
    2×17=

I Hope you can solve them.

Great job on your arrays. Great pictures and showing examples of how you can work it out.
    Great job. Can’t wait till your next post! You guys are great!

From Sabrina

Happy Maths…………………………….! 🙂

3. August 27th, 2012 at 6:19 am      Reply gemma Says:

Great work! Should be pround!
    I hope you learnt it well!

From Sabrina 🙂

4. August 27th, 2012 at 6:25 am      Reply gemma Says:

I had lots of fun working on arrays it was really fun. 🙂 🙂

From Gemma

5. August 27th, 2012 at 6:38 am      Reply gemma Says:

I love your arrays they are amazing I have got one for you 6×8=

have fun working it out.

From Gemma’s Grandpa 🙂 🙂

6. August 27th, 2012 at 6:40 am      Reply gemma Says:

Hi 2/3D ,

I love all your arrays they really really cool i have got one for you
    7×6=

From Gemma’s Dad

7. August 28th, 2012 at 9:34 pm      Reply justin Says:

hi 2/3d
    me and kes really enjoyed making our array
    from justin

8. August 29th, 2012 at 5:07 am      Reply kes and justin Says:

Making arrays were fun Justin and I did 8 rows of basketballs and with 6 basketballs in each. let,s see if you can work it out. Will give you a few sums 8 rows of ballons with 9 ballons in each? 12 rows of cupcakes with 14 cupcakes in each row? will give you one more there were 16 rows of bowls with 8 bowls in each row?

from Kes and Justin

9. August 29th, 2012 at 8:12 pm      Reply justin's mum Says:

It was wonderful to see all the colourful arrays .I hope this made it easy for everyone to multiply.
    Justin’s mum

10. August 29th, 2012 at 10:33 pm      Reply Elisa Says:

Hi 2\3D,
    I had fun making our arrays. My worded problem was ” Farmer Jack planted 3 rows of trees with 12 trees in each row. Try and guess how much the sum equals? There are alot of multplication sums that have arrays for instance 1×9, 2×3, 3×4, 4×1, 5×3. 6×3, 7×1, 8×5, 9×5,10×2. I think that all the arrays are great.

From, Elisa

• August 31st, 2012 at 11:33 am      Reply Theresat Says:

Dear Elisa, I have your answers…
      4×1=4, 5×3=15, 6×3=18, 7×1=7, 8×5=40, 9×5=45 and 10×2=20.

From Theresa

11. August 30th, 2012 at 9:17 am      Reply Theresa Says:

Dear Gemma’s dad,
    7×6=42
    From Theresa

12. August 30th, 2012 at 11:18 am      Reply Max Says:

My brother was looking at the fantastic work we did. he loved it 🙂

From max (Monica sister)

13. August 30th, 2012 at 11:21 am      Reply Monica Says:

Waw what good work we did I’m very impressed !

We learn so much this term

From Monica

14. August 30th, 2012 at 11:23 am      Reply Carmela Fazzino Says:

I loved looking at your arrays you created – this is great fun and now when I look around the house or my classroom I am forever finding new arrays – it is wonderful.
    I just discovered a new one… the ice cube tray in the freezer !!! Hey what about the rubic cube – how awesome is that for an array !!!?
    Great work 2/3 D – this was fun stuff

Carmela (Monica’s Mum)

15. August 30th, 2012 at 12:04 pm      Reply Lisa Says:

The arrays look great and what a good idea to help learn multiplication and fun as well!

Lisa- Monica’s auntie

16. August 31st, 2012 at 11:39 am      Reply Theresat Says:

I had fun doing my array poster. My one was about flowers. I have a few problems for you guys…
    2×3=, 4×7=, 6×8=, 3×7=.
    I hope you guys can work them out!

From Theresa:D

17. August 31st, 2012 at 12:15 pm      Reply gemma Says:

What wonderful pictures you created to display your knowledge of arrays. I found some arrays at home – I’m sure you can solve them:

Our French doors have 5 rows of squares and 2 squares in each row
    My calculator has 5 rows of 5
    The keyboard on our telephone has 6 rows of 3
    The ravioli mould has 12 rows of 3

Enjoy the challenge!
    From Gemma’s Mum

18. August 31st, 2012 at 12:36 pm      Reply gemma Says:

What wonderful arrays you all did a great job.I had fun working out your arrays with the family.
    I have a few arrays to be solve:
    One of our arrays is a TattsLotto ticket 15 rows of 6.
    One of our other arrays is not in our house but you can work it out 10×11=

have fun working out

From Gemma’s Dad

19. August 31st, 2012 at 12:38 pm      Reply gemma Says:

Making arrays was fun i had a great time.
    I have one for you is 11×6=
    I hope you can work it out

from gemma 🙂

20. August 31st, 2012 at 12:52 pm      Reply gemma Says:

I know its your last day of the blogging contest so good luck to who wins.
    Anyway fantastic job on the arrays. I hope you learnt something new! 🙂
    Can’t wait to see your next great post.

From Sabrina 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

21. September 2nd, 2012 at 11:48 pm      Reply Marie Dickson Says:

2/3D This is fantastic work. I love looking at you blog.