2/3D learn all about the Circulatory and Respiratory Systems

September16

On Friday 14th September Dr Micheal (Aine’s mum) visited our class to talk about the Circulatory System and the Respiratory System. We learned many facts about how the heart and lungs work. Dr Micheal even brought a sheep heart in to show us! Check out photos from Dr Michael’s visit below:

Here are some of the facts we learnt from Dr Micheal’s visit:

* The heart is a muscle (By Kes)
* The heart is not in the middle of your body. It is on the left and sits behind your lungs. Your heart and lungs have a cage around it called the rib cage (By Brigitte)
* I learnt that the blue lines are veins and they do not have any oxygen. Whereas the red blood is called the arteries and has lots of oxygen (By Jacob I)
* The heart and the lungs are connected. The heart gets its energy from tiny blood vessels inside it (By Aine)
* In the heart there are 4 chambers (By Theresa)
* Your right lung is bigger than your left lung (By Kes)
* If you exercise and eat healthy food your lungs and heart will be in good condition (By Atara)
* If you smoke too much your lungs will turn black, your heart will beat slowly and you may even have a heart attack (By Theresa)

What interesting fact did you learn from Dr Michael’s visit?

“2/3D learn all about the Circulatory and Respiratory Systems”

1. September 16th, 2012 at 10:33 am      Reply Mrs Murphy Says:

A special thankyou to Dr Michael.
    What a great way to learn about your heart and lungs. Your learning is very ‘hands on’!
    It is so important for us to look after our bodies to enjoy a healthy lifestyle.
    from Mrs Murphy

2. September 17th, 2012 at 12:48 am      Reply sophie Says:

Hello,
    I learnt that your Ribcage protects your Heart and Lungs.
    From Sophiem.

3. September 18th, 2012 at 12:15 am      Reply Mrs Page Says:

We think you are working hard on bodies. We are learning about healthy bodies.
    It is amazing to visit your blog. We’ve been doing a lot of fun things like Potato Olympics.
    We’ve been having lots of fun in our classroom.
    From Luca I and Henry.

4. September 20th, 2012 at 10:13 pm      Reply Uyen Says:

Congratulation 2/3 D on your Learning Expo. I think it’ s a great success. Your works/ facts/ presentations are fantastic and so well prepared. I enjoyed every talks from each table. Your turn to enjoy the school holiday. Well done.

From Theresa’s mum

5. September 24th, 2012 at 1:48 am      Reply Marie Dickson Says:

2/3D Every day you learn so many exciting things. You work very hard and
    I gain so much knowledge from reading your blog. Keep up your good work.

6. November 2nd, 2012 at 2:05 am      Reply Alannah Says:

hi!
    I watched the video of Mum. I think it’s really good. Aine is a bit embarresed about Mum but I’m not. Feeling the hearts was interesting. It really helped me because I’m doing the respiratory system and Mum was talking about how the circulatory system is connected to the respiratory system.

From Alannah (Aine’s sister).