Can we persuade you to buy Daily Juice?

February14

This term our inquiry unit is called ‘Believe it or not!’ We are investigating how the media engages and influences our lives. So far we have learnt about information advertisements versus persuasion advertisements. Advertisers try to persuade consumers to buy their product by using catchy slogans and words. During Literacy this week we looked at these two television advertisments for the Daily Juice company’s orange juice.

Which advertisement did you prefer? Why?

Next we designed our own print advertisements for the Daily juice Company. Check out our catchy slogans.
Are you persuaded to buy Daily Juice?

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free slideshow personalized with Smilebox

Which advertisement was your favourite?
Why was it your favourite?
What slogan would you use to persuade people to buy Daily Juice?

Please vote for your favourite advertisement below:

“Can we persuade you to buy Daily Juice?”

1. February 14th, 2013 at 10:37 am      Reply Mary Says:

Hi guys.
    Mary, a 5/6 teacher from Melbourne here. I love your very creative ads for Daily Juice. I voted for Patrick’s ad because it really caught my eye visually. It was a hard choice though! Thanks for sharing your learning,
    Mary

2. February 15th, 2013 at 9:30 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Dear 3/4D,
    I voted for Rose’s ad because it was very clear and colourful. When I read the words it made me want to go out and buy the juice because it sounds fantastic. The words in Rose’s ad were great.

From Sophie

3. February 15th, 2013 at 9:55 am      Reply rosep Says:

Hi Miss Dickson!
    I like both of the ads. The first one was great, it was very persuasive and it had lots of information. The second ad with the monster truck made my mum and I laugh, its really good as the boy comes out of the shop and takes off the lid from the daily juice bottle, and from around the corner the monster truck comes crashing into two cars. My favourite ad is the both of them.
    Best Wishes From Rose!!

4. February 17th, 2013 at 9:21 am      Reply X's Mum Says:

Cool posters from all the kids! It’s making me thirsty for orange juice 🙂 !

5. February 17th, 2013 at 10:27 pm      Reply Marie Dickson Says:

Yr 3/4D
    Your advertisements are all very clever and I would definitely choose
    Daily Juice as my choice in the supermarket. Keep up your good work
    and I look forward to reading future blogs. Enjoy your year with a great teacher.

6. February 18th, 2013 at 3:48 am      Reply Patrick Says:

Dear 3/4D
    My favourite ad was the monster truck one because its funny how it goes over the cars.
    From Patrick

7. February 18th, 2013 at 3:54 am      Reply Elisa Says:

Hi Everybody

I prefer the first ad the best because it is sort of calm.
    I liked Rose’s ad the best because it looks very nice.

From Elisa

8. February 18th, 2013 at 3:56 am      Reply riley Says:

I like james D and Alessandro’s ad because it is 3D and looks good

9. February 18th, 2013 at 3:58 am      Reply Maria Says:

hi cheesers
    I saw All the pictures and are the best, I really liked xaviers and rileys pictures,
    but they all were FANTASTIC. well got to go I will be visiting the blog soon

bye love Maria.

10. February 18th, 2013 at 3:59 am      Reply Gemma Says:

Dear 3/4D
    My favourite video was the second video because it really caught my eye and it made me want to buy it.
    I voted for Isabella and Tiana because I liked how they put the C in a star. And also I liked it because it stands out.
    Best Wishes Gemma 🙂

11. February 18th, 2013 at 4:01 am      Reply jenniferp Says:

My favourite ad was made by Zoe. I liked it because it made me want to buy it.
    From Jennifer

12. February 18th, 2013 at 4:02 am      Reply James O and Oscar Says:

we voted for James D and alessandro we loved there creativity, and there pop out.

best wishes James and Oscar

13. February 18th, 2013 at 4:02 am      Reply penny Says:

Dear 3/4D
    Both of the adds persuaded me. I also liked James D and Alessandro
    that really persuaded me from Penny.

14. February 18th, 2013 at 4:03 am      Reply Caitlinb (3/4D) Says:

Hi,

I loved Isabella and Tiana`s ad.
    I voted for them because it had both pictures and lots of information,
    Even though I dont like orange juice I still want to go to the shops and get some!

Best wishes
    Caitlin

15. February 18th, 2013 at 4:04 am      Reply atara Says:

I voted for Isabella and Tiana because it is really colourful,
    bright and there slogan is really nice

from Atara

16. February 18th, 2013 at 4:04 am      Reply Ashlee Says:

dear 3\4D

i voted for rose because it looked interesting .
    and it was nice and colourful it was evern wonderful.

fom ashlee

17. February 18th, 2013 at 4:06 am      Reply Maria Says:

hi Rebecca
    how are you and the boys ? its great that you have visited the blog. we are working very hard
    well see you later.
    bye love maria.
    ps xavier is very polite.

18. February 18th, 2013 at 4:07 am      Reply isabella Says:

My favourite videos were both of them. I liked the first one because the man perswaided me to buy the juice, Ilike the other one because it is cool.
    From Isabella 🙂

19. February 18th, 2013 at 4:08 am      Reply Zoen Says:

Hi 3/4D!
    I love all of your ads, but my favourite one is Gemmas and Alisons.
    I hope lots of you voted for me.

best wishes from Zoe

20. February 18th, 2013 at 4:09 am      Reply rosep Says:

Hi Elisa, Penny, and Atara
    I voted for Elisas ad because the green background really brang it out.
    I love all of it, its really good and you should be happy of your great work.
    From Rose

21. February 18th, 2013 at 8:30 am      Reply Rose Says:

I thank everyone that voted for me.
    Best luck for everyone with there ads.
    They are all really good they are pieces of art
    Happy days from rose

22. February 18th, 2013 at 8:54 am      Reply Kevin Says:

There all really awesome.
    They are all pieces of art.
    I love how you put it all together and mostly how all of you design it.
    I voted for roses ad because it really came to me and I liked the border.
    I really like the words and the fruit bowl with the fruit in it.
    From Kevin (roses dad)

23. February 18th, 2013 at 8:59 am      Reply Penny's mum Says:

Dear 3/4D
    What a great start to the year. Great work! They were very colourful and interesting advertisments, can’t wait to pick up some daily juice. Keep up the good work.

24. February 19th, 2013 at 6:58 am      Reply Rose Says:

I voted for Patrick’s ad.
    I liked how he turned the bottle upside down and into the glass
    Happy days from rose

25. February 19th, 2013 at 8:12 am      Reply maria Says:

I was reading some of the comments and I liked them. Also the ads were all great, I hope to see a lot more comments up on our blog . well gotta go see you later.

bye, love Maria

26. February 20th, 2013 at 12:03 am      Reply Anne Says:

What a great activity!
    Rose we all need to be on fire to do our best so love yours! Actually feel like one right now!!!

27. February 20th, 2013 at 3:49 am      Reply Gina Says:

I thought all the ads were colourful and inventive. Well done to all of you. It was hard to choose but I chose Patrick’s because of his vibrant colour choices and creative design.

Best wishes to you all, Gina.

28. February 22nd, 2013 at 9:07 am      Reply Miss Alexander Says:

Dear Kids,
    I’m a teacher from another school and my class and I came across your blog and we loved it!
    Your parents, teachers and community must be very proud of you efforts!
    If we had to pick one, advertisement, we decided that we’d pick the ad from Rose, as we loved the colors she used in her illustrations, border and text. We thought her word choice was excellent and her ideas were persuasive. It also made me think that I need a glass of juice everytime I hear the Alicia Keys song ‘This Girl Is On Fire’ on the radio! Great job Rose and kids, super impressive!