World Read Aloud Day

March14

World Read Aloud Day is an awareness day advocating for literacy as a right that belongs to all people. It is celebrated around the world every year on the first Wednesday of March.

World Read Aloud Day motivates children worldwide to celebrate the power of words, especially those words that are shared from one person to another.

By raising our voices together on this day, we show the world’s children that we support their future: that they have the right to read, to write, and to share their words to change the world.

Below is some video and photos of 3/4D participating in World Read Aloud Day:

World Read Aloud Day – 6th March, 2013 from Alison Dickson on Vimeo.

What is your favourite book to read? Why?

“World Read Aloud Day”

1. March 15th, 2013 at 3:41 am      Reply isabella Says:

My favourite book is the 13 story treehouse. I like the 13 storry treehouse because i enjoy it.

from isabella

2. March 15th, 2013 at 3:48 am      Reply rosep Says:

Hi Miss Dickson
    I had fun that day and I cant wait until next year.
    My favourite book is “A DIARY OF A WOMBAT”,
    Because it is a funny book and i love the illustrations.
    I hope every one had fun that day and reading to a friend for sure I know that I had a great time.
    Happy Days From Rose

3. March 15th, 2013 at 3:52 am      Reply pennyk Says:

Dear 3/4D,
    I don’t really have a favourite book but I do like origami
    that is a book that tells you howvto make paper stuff.

4. March 15th, 2013 at 3:53 am      Reply Patrick Says:

My favourite book right now is Selby Speaks. I like Selby Speaks beacuse its funny and he`s a dog who can speak. He trying is to keep his secret of speaking.
    Bye 3/4D

5. March 15th, 2013 at 3:53 am      Reply elisas Says:

Hi

The book I love is Geronimo Stilton. I like them because they are funny and fantastic books.

6. March 15th, 2013 at 3:54 am      Reply Gemma Says:

Dear 3/4D
    I enjoyed world read aloud day it was fun because we could hear each other read different stories that we have not read and we could share stories that we like and that we can tell other people about those stories that we have read and enjoyed.

Best wishes Gemma 🙂 🙂 🙂

7. March 15th, 2013 at 3:55 am      Reply Tiana Says:

I love reading books. My favourite is the 26 story treehouse.

Best Wishes Tiana

8. March 15th, 2013 at 4:03 am      Reply justin and james Says:

our favorite book to read is world records book of 2013 because it has amazing records and all kinds of facts

9. March 15th, 2013 at 4:05 am      Reply caitlinb + atara Says:

Dear 3/4D
    We love read out loud day. It is so fun. We especially LOVE reading to someone else.
    Have a good day

sincerly
    Caitlin and Atara

10. March 15th, 2013 at 4:07 am      Reply James D Says:

My favourite book is The Science Encyclopedia because it has lots of facts. It is also very interesting.

From James D.

11. March 15th, 2013 at 4:09 am      Reply Zoen Says:

I liked waching the video. so many people like reading books and my favourite book is One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish because it has lots of really good rhymes. I could never make so much rhymes like in that book.
    best wishes Zoe

12. March 15th, 2013 at 4:11 am      Reply jenniferp Says:

Dear 3/4D,
    I really like the picture one. I think it was really groovie and it was really funny.
    Best wishes
    Jenny

13. March 22nd, 2013 at 4:00 am      Reply maria Says:

my ghost book was the best. And I hope you had fun reading your books too

my book was about a non scary ghost. best wishes Maria/Mia

14. March 26th, 2013 at 10:03 pm      Reply Marie Dickson Says:

3/4D I also love to read. I like to relax and enjoy a good book.
    Keep reading and learning.

15. April 4th, 2013 at 7:55 am      Reply Alison Says:

Hi 3/4

my favorite author is Roald Dahl he is soooo good at making
    books

from Alison

16. October 30th, 2013 at 6:51 am      Reply ashlees Says:

my favourite books are dork diaries and more.