Richmond Footy Clinic

March21

On Wednesday the 20th of March our school had 3 visitors from the Richmond Footy Club. Their names were Dustin Martin, Daniel Jackson and Aaron Edwards. We were practising skills like hand balling, bouncing and rolling. We got split up into teams to do this. We have practice runs and races. At the end we had kick offs. Afterwards we got to ask some questions. We all had a good day. Written by James D, Patrick and Alessandro.

On Wednesday the 20th March we went to a Richmond Football Clinic. The Richmond players who came were Dustin Martin, Daniel Jackson and Aaron Edwards. They showed us lots of skills. Some of the skills were hand balling, bouncing the football, kicking goals and races. After that we did questions and got their signatures. Then they tried to kick a goal from on side of the oval. They all got a point. Overall we had a great time. Written by Isabella, Tiana and Penny.

On Wednesday the 20th March we had a footy clinic. Three people from Richmond came to Holy Family School. First we did some rolling, hand passing and kicking with the football. We all had so much fun and they took pictures with us. At the end we got signatures from the players. Their names were Dustin Martin, Daniel Jackson and Aaron Edwards. It was a great day! Written by Gemma, Alison and Ashlee.

On Wednesday the 20th March three Richmond Players came to our school. They were Dustin Martin, Daniel Jackson and Aaron Edwards. First they told us information about footy and themselves. Secondly we did some hand passes. In all the relays we did a practice round before we raced. There were seven teams. Thirdly we got into a full group and did a footy competition. The last goal went to Ella (a Richmond supporter). Finally we sat down altogether and the kids asked questions and they answered them. At the end we got their signatures. We all ended up having such a great time with them and learnt lots. Written by Jennifer, Atara and Rose.

On Wednesday the 20th March, 2013 three Richmond Football players came to our school. Dustin Martin, Daniel Jackson and Aaron Edwards were teaching us about football. We had to bounce the ball and hand pass. They also told us how to do blind turns and kick a goal. We all had fun with the Richmond players. Go Tigers! Written by James O, Oscar and Zoe.

Today Richmond players came to our school. There names were Dustin Martin, Daniel Jackson and Aaron Edwards. They were really nice. They did some drills. There were hand balling and bouncing. They showed us the two ways to bounce the footy. We also spun around and hand passed to the next person. Dustin Martin kicked a goal from one side of the oval to the other! Written by Zak, Justin and Toby.

Today Year 3/4s went to the footy clinic. It had Dustin Martin, Daniel Jackson and Aaron Edwards. We thought today was fun but we did not realy like that it was during our lunch time. Otherwise it was awesome. We loved the footy clinic. Written by Xavier, Kai and Riley.

Here are some photos from our Footy Clinic:

Here is the autograph they wrote for our school:

Which football team to you barrack for?
Who is your favourite football player?
Which team do you predict will win the 2013 AFL grand final?

“Richmond Footy Clinic”

1. March 21st, 2013 at 11:24 am      Reply Paul Wakeling Says:

Hi Grade 3/4D,

I loved looking through your photos of the footy day! It looked like a great footy clinic. There’s an amazing spread of teams that you barrack for but I do have a major problem!!!!!!!!! I couldn’t find 1 Collingwood jumper amongst the photos!!! Now from that comment you can obviously guess who I barrack for and who I think will win the grand final!
    Great to see you all having so much fun!
    Mr Wakeling

2. March 22nd, 2013 at 3:39 am      Reply Gemma Says:

Dear 3/4D
    I had a great time it was fun learning new skills I had a great time 🙂 🙂

Best Wishes Gemma 🙂 🙂

3. March 22nd, 2013 at 3:46 am      Reply Tiana Says:

I loved the footy day but my most favourite is when i kicked a goal. My favourite team is bombers!
    from Tiana

4. March 22nd, 2013 at 3:47 am      Reply xavier Says:

hi
    go go go saints. i think the saints will win
    go go go saints

5. March 22nd, 2013 at 3:53 am      Reply maria Says:

did you have a good time? I go for geelong cats and I think their going to win. my favorite player is steve johnson.
    I bet you enjoyed football .we all had a great time.

best wishes Maria

6. March 22nd, 2013 at 3:57 am      Reply Caitlinb Says:

Hi grade 3/4D,

I loved the footy clinic, it was so fun! I got to get a photo with gemma and one of the football players and it was really funny because he was really tall and we were really small and we were like a big armrest. I go for Essendon and i bet you know who i thinks going to win.
    I hope there going to come again soon!

best wishes
    Caitlin

7. March 22nd, 2013 at 3:59 am      Reply alison Says:

I had lots of fun at the footy clinic. I learned lots of things
    GO RICHMOND

8. March 22nd, 2013 at 4:00 am      Reply Patrick Says:

I think Essendon will win I`m not sure why I just have a weird feeling their going to win.
    From Patrick

9. March 22nd, 2013 at 4:00 am      Reply jenniferp Says:

I liked the footy day. Thank you for bringing Richmond to this school. My mum goes for Richmond. I barrack for Brisbane Lions and I hope they win the grand final this year.
    Best wishes from Jennifer

10. March 22nd, 2013 at 4:03 am      Reply ZOE N Says:

Hi everyone,
    I liked the footy clinc but I dont barrack for Richmond instead I barrick for the MIGHTY CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I loved all the photos and I bet the GEELONG CATS will win the 2013 grand final.
    (so I think the cats will win this year)
    Best Wishes ZOE.

11. March 22nd, 2013 at 4:03 am      Reply rileyb Says:

go essendon. i think essendon will win the cup and my best player is all of them

12. March 22nd, 2013 at 4:04 am      Reply zak Says:

hey 3/4D my fave player is lance frankllin. My fave footy team is Hawthorn. I think West coast will win the grand final. thats what i think so peace

13. March 22nd, 2013 at 4:05 am      Reply isabella Says:

I barrack for essendon.
    My favourite player is jobe watson.
    I think essendon is going to win the grand final.
    From isabella (:

14. March 22nd, 2013 at 4:07 am      Reply James D Says:

I think that Collingwood will win.
    I don’t know why I just have a weird feeling.

From James D 🙂 🙂

15. March 22nd, 2013 at 6:11 am      Reply pennyk Says:

Dear Mr wakeling,
    i agree that collingwood is the best team
    but my nana is a swans girl
    and she says that the swans will get the premierships again this year
    i dont agree with her she is very wrong collingwood will win the premiership
    this year not the swans go collinwood!!!!!
    from penny

16. March 22nd, 2013 at 8:59 am      Reply Gianna Says:

Loved looking at all your photo’s, looks like you all had a great day. What a wonderful opportunity for you all to meet some AFL players and great to see a few Collingwood jumpers in the photos.

All the best,
    Gianna (Go Pies & Hawks)

17. March 23rd, 2013 at 5:44 am      Reply ashlees Says:

That was really fun having 3 richmond players
    coming to our school to teach us more
    about footy. That was even better when we
    had to kick goals. GO SAINTS!!!!!

18. March 25th, 2013 at 10:02 am      Reply Elisa Says:

Hi
    I thought that footy day was very fun. It was great to have footy players come to school!

from Elisa

19. March 27th, 2013 at 9:15 pm      Reply Marie Dickson Says:

3/4 D
    You seem to have had a great time at the footy clinic. My team is Sydney so I hope 2013 is another fantastic year for them.

20. March 27th, 2013 at 9:39 pm      Reply Oscar Says:

I had lots of fun at the clinic and I learn’t lots of skills .

21. April 18th, 2013 at 11:36 pm      Reply Heidi + charli Says:

Dear 3/4D,

i like your recount about the day that the three richmond players came i really like the way you described the day. We both like your recounts.
    From Charli and Heidi.