Our Television Advertisements

March24

Our Inquiry this term is investigating how the media engages and influences our lives. So far the students in Year 3/4D have created print advertisements for Daily Juice and Holy Family School. Next they choose their own product or attraction and created a radio advertisement. The next step of our inquiry involved us critically analysing television advertisements. The students in 3/4D worked in small groups to create their own television advertisement for Chicken Noodles, Weetbix, Pancake mix, Shapes, Milo and Tomato Sauce. Each group had to create a catchy jingle. Check out their advertisements below:

Year 3/4D’s Television Advertisements from Alison Dickson on Vimeo.

Which television advertisement was your favourite? Why?
Do you have a favourite television advertisement that is currently on air? What is it?
What makes it your favourite advertisement?

“Our Television Advertisements”

1. March 25th, 2013 at 4:50 am      Reply Alison Says:

I think all the advertisements went well I liked all of them
    but I think my one is the best .My favorite ad is mini Tim Tam
    It is stuck in my head

from Alison

2. March 25th, 2013 at 5:07 am      Reply Patrick Says:

I liked the Milo one because its funny and I also like the jingle.
    Right now my favourite ad is the new Block TV series ad. I
    like it because I cant wait for the new series.
    From Patrick

• May 19th, 2013 at 5:33 am      Reply Patrick Says:

This is me again. 🙂 🙂 As I said before my favourite ad you created was the milo one. 🙂 🙂 My favourite ad on air right now is comparethemeerkat.com.au if you know that ad. 🙂 🙂
      Bye Patrick
      🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

3. March 25th, 2013 at 5:11 am      Reply isabella Says:

My favourite ad is rhonda goes to bali because i think it is funny.
    My favourite ad that we did at school is the milo ad

from isabella (: 🙂

4. March 25th, 2013 at 5:52 am      Reply Maria Says:

What original and great advertising campaigns, well done and congratulations for all your hard work 3/4D

marias mum

5. March 25th, 2013 at 5:55 am      Reply Maria Says:

what great ads, and I really liked the chicken noodles one it was funny. see you soon
    maria

6. March 25th, 2013 at 6:20 am      Reply Justins family Says:

What fantastic ads. you have persuaded me to put noodles, weetbix, tomatoe sauce and pancakes in my shopping basket. Look forward to hearing more about your inquiry about advertising.

7. March 25th, 2013 at 6:23 am      Reply Justins family Says:

Great ads very persuasive you made me want to go shopping.

8. March 25th, 2013 at 7:34 am      Reply Caitlin Says:

I love the wheat bix ad even thou I dont like wheat bix because I was in it + I was the main person that they where filming in my group. I was a bit shy in class when we listened to them all together thou.
    My favorite ad on T.V right now is rhonda goes to bali because it is really funny when she was kinda flirting with gatuch well I think thats how you spell it.

Best wishes
    Caitlin

9. March 25th, 2013 at 7:49 am      Reply Rose +Sophie Says:

Hey
    If I had to pick an ad except for my ad I would choose the ad with shapes and tomato sauce.
    I love to get some of the things you have advertised.
    Happy days from roses mum and rose

10. March 25th, 2013 at 7:49 am      Reply Kai's Family Says:

Hi, Great job everyone. We really enjoyed watching your ads. I am going out to buy pancake mixture now!
    The van der Zweeps

11. March 25th, 2013 at 8:04 am      Reply Atara Says:

I loved filming our television ads it was really fun.
    I liked the weet bix ad the most because of their catchy jingle.
    It was odd cause when I watched it, it seemed that Caitlin was the only one in it.

From Atara

12. March 25th, 2013 at 8:43 am      Reply pennyk Says:

my favourite ad is chicken noodles because it is funny
    and they tried really well it was very good.
    From Penny

13. March 25th, 2013 at 8:57 am      Reply JamesO Family Says:

Wow, what great ads you all produced and starred in. We really can’t pick a favourite as we thought they were all very good.

Best wishes
    James O Family

14. March 25th, 2013 at 9:00 am      Reply James O Says:

Well done everyone for your ads, they were all good, but I think the tomato sauce ad was great. Their jingle was very good and catchy. Plus I LOVE tomato sauce!

Best wishes
    James O

15. March 25th, 2013 at 9:02 pm      Reply Tiana Says:

My favourite ad is the Rhonda goes to bail:)
    My favourite ad at school was the pancakes ad:)

16. March 27th, 2013 at 5:25 am      Reply Gemma Says:

Dear 3/4D

I think all the ads were great i could not pick which one i liked the best
    I think everyone did an amazing ad, great job 🙂 🙂 🙂

From Gemma 🙂 🙂

17. March 27th, 2013 at 5:29 am      Reply toby Says:

good ads 3/4d my favourite footy team is Geelong. my favourite ad was chicken noodles

18. March 27th, 2013 at 8:30 am      Reply Zoe says Says:

hi 3/4 D!
    I liked all the television advertisements but my favorite one is chicken noodles it was so persuasive!
    my second favorite is the Weet-Bix TV advertisement (maybe because this was my group).
    i liked all the costumes and thought we all did such a great job.
    I hope we’re going to do television advertisements next term.

best wishes
    zoe northwood

Ps i spoke to my mum and she said that the Holy Family advertisement will be ready soon they are going to do a few different advertisements for us to choose from. I cant wait.

19. April 18th, 2013 at 11:46 pm      Reply kini Says:

I really liked that, including the Milo ad that was epic

20. April 18th, 2013 at 11:47 pm      Reply tay and ash Says:

good cereals its making us want to eat it.
    we liked the zako’s cereal the most because
    it gives you energy.