National Simultaneous Storytime

May28

On Wednesday 22nd of May we celebrated National Simultaneous Storytime. It was a day full of wrong things!!!!

Every year a picture book, written and illustrated by an Australian author and illustrator is read simultaneously in libraries, schools, pre-schools, childcare centres, family homes, bookshops and many other places around the country. This year the book chosen is The Wrong Book by Nick Bland. Every school inAustraliaread The Wrong Book at 11:00 am.

In this picture story book Nicholas Ickle is trying to tell a story, but he keeps getting interrupted by characters from other stories-a pirate, a queen, even some monsters! To get a chance to tell his story, he has to convince the others that they are in the wrong book.

We all dressed up as wrong things such as wearing clothes inside out and back to front. Lots of people wore their pyjamas. All the teachers dressed up and some teachers looked really funny. We all had a great time. Check out all the fun below.
Written by Gemma, Oscar and Penny

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a slideshow

What did you enjoy most about our very WRONG Day?

“National Simultaneous Storytime”

1. May 31st, 2013 at 4:53 am      Reply gemmal Says:

My favourite part of the day was dressing up as something wrong
    I had a great day.
    Best Wishes Gemma 🙂

2. May 31st, 2013 at 4:53 am      Reply rosep Says:

Hey
    I enjoyed having that day.
    It was so cool.
    Happy Days From Rose

3. May 31st, 2013 at 4:54 am      Reply isabella Says:

Dear 3/4D
    My favourite part of the wrong day was that i wore my jumper the wrong way around, my top inside out and my shoes on the wrong feet. I had a great day

4. May 31st, 2013 at 4:55 am      Reply penny Says:

On wrong day I enjoyed dressing up
    and looking at the other peoples things
    everyone dressed up great.
    From Penny

5. May 31st, 2013 at 4:56 am      Reply Alison Says:

My favourite thing about wrong day was dressing up
    and having lots of fun. Also seeing other people.

from Alison

6. May 31st, 2013 at 4:56 am      Reply rileyb Says:

i really like the wrong book.

7. May 31st, 2013 at 4:57 am      Reply Elisa Says:

Hey 3/4D
    I liked it when I saw the teachers dressed up in their PJs.
    From
    Elisa

8. May 31st, 2013 at 4:58 am      Reply James D and Patrick Says:

Hi rest of 3/4D,
    Patrick’s favourite part of the day was listening to the story. 🙂 🙂 James D liked seeing all the other ” WRONG THINGS” that people had on.
    By Patrick and James

9. May 31st, 2013 at 5:04 am      Reply Oscars &toby Says:

Hi 3/4d
    My favourite costume was inside out and back to front

From Oscar & Toby

10. May 31st, 2013 at 5:05 am      Reply Maria Says:

I really enjoyed wrong day because I didn’t have to get dressed and also I liked the wrong book.
    I hope we can do this again soon!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Love maria.xoxoxo

11. May 31st, 2013 at 5:07 am      Reply James o and Justin Says:

Dear 3/4D
    we most enjoyed wearing the wrong things and lots of new things that were not allowed to wear most of the time like inside out stuff or back to front

By James and Justin

12. May 31st, 2013 at 5:08 am      Reply Zoen Says:

Dear 3/4 D
    On wrong day it was really really really really wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. May 31st, 2013 at 5:08 am      Reply Caitlin Says:

To 3/4D,
    I llllllllllllllllooooooooovvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeddddddd (loved) Wrong day, it was really fun. My mum came up with sewing and cutting my clothes in half. On wrong day I wore a yellow hat, ( instead of the school hat ) my clothes sewn and cut in half including wearing two different shoes ( instead of my school uniform and I also wore two different socks.
    That day everyone kept coming up to me asking how I had sewn my clothes up.

From your class mate,
    Caitlin

14. May 31st, 2013 at 5:10 am      Reply alessandrofc Says:

Dear 3/4 d

The most favorite thing about the wrong day was all the wrong clothes because they were all funny and wonderful. I was trying to dress up as a psycho and be so funny.

From Alessandro

15. May 31st, 2013 at 5:12 am      Reply jenniferp Says:

dear 3/4d
    it was really wrong!

16. May 31st, 2013 at 5:12 am      Reply Xavier Says:

dear 3/4D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    the best thing that happened on the wrong day is that we can dress up wrong and the one and only the wrong book we read so what else did we do that was wrong we did some wrong sport and stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. June 3rd, 2013 at 9:17 am      Reply Ashlee Says:

I looked at the video clip It
    Looked like a lot of fun. I am having a
    Really fun time over here. We’ve bought
    a few souvenirs for Beth and I.
    From Ashlee

18. June 4th, 2013 at 7:00 am      Reply Ashlee Says:

It was funny when the teachers
    had there pjs on still.
    It was also funny when
    1/2D had there class back to front.
    From Ashlee in Venice

19. July 12th, 2013 at 4:59 am      Reply isabella Says:

Dear 3/4D
    My favourite part about the wrong day was that you had your clothes the wrong way.

from isabella