Our 100 day celebrations

August4

On Friday 2nd August it was our Prep students’ 100th day at school. Our whole school helped them celebrate this amazing milestone. We all dressed up with something to do with the number 100. Some students had the number 100 on the back of their footy jumper while others wore a $100 note. Some had 100 pieces of pasta on their necklace or 100 bracelets while some students dressed as if they were 100 years old.

We had 100 day rotations. We read the book 1 is a snail and 10 is a crab. We made our own numbers using the creatures in this book. Next we had to cut out items from catalogues to add up to $100. We drew what we would look like at 100 years old. Finally we had to write 100 different ways to make the number 100, eg 50 +50, 105 – 5 …..

Check out all the fun from our 100 day celebrations below:

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free slideshow customized with Smilebox

What was your favourite part of our 100 day celebrations?
How many days do you think you have been at school for?

“Our 100 day celebrations”

1. August 6th, 2013 at 2:24 am      Reply Elisa Says:

Hi
    Here are some some possibilities:
    40+60, 50+20+30, 90+5+5, 40+30+30, 70+20+1+9, 80+5+5+5+5
    From Elisa

2. August 11th, 2013 at 1:47 am      Reply Ashlee Says:

Here is 3 facts
    80+20=100 70+50-20=100
    here is the lucky last 50+15+35=100.
    happy days, Ashlee.

3. August 30th, 2013 at 4:55 am      Reply Tiana Says:

Congrats preps for you 100th day of school. It was the best day ever!
    From Tiana

4. August 30th, 2013 at 5:03 am      Reply Zoe and Caitlin Says:

Hi 3\4 D!
    We really enjoyed the 100th day of school. We loved how we got to dress-up, Zoe had 100 wrist bands on her t-shirt and Caitlin had 100 bracelets on!

Best wishes
    Zoe and Caitlin

5. September 3rd, 2013 at 5:33 am      Reply Isabella Says:

The 100 days of school looked fun I wish I was there.

From Isabella

6. September 3rd, 2013 at 8:42 am      Reply Patrick & Grant Says:

My favourite thing was seeing what everyone was wearing. I think I have been at school for about 910 days
    Bye

7. October 21st, 2013 at 7:38 am      Reply JamesD Says:

I liked seeing what everyone was wearing. I put the $100 note on my t shirt and did grey hair spray.
    Fron James D

8. October 21st, 2013 at 8:17 am      Reply JamesD Says:

Looks like you are having lots of fun there.Everyone dressed really good.Congratulations preps for your 100th day of school.

From James D’s Dad

9. October 23rd, 2013 at 6:22 am      Reply Gemma Says:

Looks like everyone had alot of fun Everyone learnt and did some really fun
    things at school.
    From Gemma 🙂 🙂

10. October 23rd, 2013 at 8:14 am      Reply Rose Says:

Hi everyone
    What a great day we all had.
    Every one was dressed up and I was wearing 100 dollar notes pined to a poncho.
    We had lots of boys wearing there footy tops or basketball clothes.
    And some really good costumes that looked fantastic.
    From rose

11. October 30th, 2013 at 9:16 pm      Reply Rose Says:

Hey guys
    My favourite part of the preps celebration was everything and I really enjoyed it all and can’t decide anything of it.
    At my time at school I think I have spent a lot of time and all of those days I would of been here for probably 4500
    Days.