Week 3 of our Inquiry Unit – How Does Money Work?

August4

In week 3 of our inquiry unit we have brainstormed who we could ask to find out ‘How Does Money Work?’

We decided to see if someone from a bank could come and visit us. We brainstormed questions we would like to ask people that work at a bank. Click on the link below to see our questions:
Questions we could ask the Bank NEW

After that we brainstormed banks we can visit.
Eg:
•Commonwealth bank
•ANZ
•Bank of Melbourne
•Bendigo bank
•NAB

Once we had listed our questions we had to select a small group to go to the Mt Waverley shops to visit the banks. Once we arrived at our destination we went to the Commonwealth bank to invite them to our school to be a guest speaker. THEY SAID YES! They will be coming to speak to our class next week.

The next day we read the money tree. It was a great book we really enjoyed it!

The last activity for the week was to design and create a project (using the money from the money tree) that a whole community could benefit from. Check out some of our community projects below:

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Picture slideshow created with Smilebox

By Stephanie and Alison

“Week 3 of our Inquiry Unit – How Does Money Work?”

1. September 3rd, 2013 at 8:49 am      Reply Patrick & Grant Says:

I enjoyed the money tree too. I also liked the last thing we did in week 3. 🙂
    Bye, Patrick

2. October 21st, 2013 at 7:49 am      Reply JamesD Says:

I enjoyed the money tree alot. I also enjoyed drawing something the community needs.
    Bye, James D

3. October 23rd, 2013 at 6:25 am      Reply Gemma Says:

I had alot of fun we did alot of things
    and I liked reading the money tree it was interesting I enjoyed
    drawing a place for education. It was fun And I learnt alot.

From Gemma 🙂 🙂

4. October 23rd, 2013 at 7:29 am      Reply Rose Says:

Hey guys
    I would like to say thank you to our guest speakers for coming in.
    I learnt a lot from the guest speakers and things I never thought were in the bank.
    After we red the book the money tree which I wish existed she must of felt very
    Generous. But then she got quit annoyed. But I would like to keep some of it to myself
    And but the rest to the charity’s.
    From rose

5. October 31st, 2013 at 4:58 am      Reply Rose and Sophie Says:

Hello
    I like how the guest speaker encouraged Rosie to save her money in the money box.
    I liked the activity about the book and how we created a picture.
    From rose and Sophie

6. October 31st, 2013 at 5:01 am      Reply Kevin Says:

Hello great job with your work and organising the guest speaker to come in to talk to you about the bank and money.
    I like that story about that book and I like the idea of you guys drawing pictures of what you thought she should of spent that money on.
    From Kevin (roses dad )