Week 5: How does money work?

August23

During week 5 we did lots of learning in inquiry.

We learnt how to have good customer service. With that we got coins and pretended we were shop keepers. We had to use our manners and think about things we could say to make our customers want to come back.

We looked at the strong dollar. We looked at a video from Behind the News and explored how much the Australian dollar is worth in other countries.

We read a book called When the Doorbell Rang. After we read the book we had some fake cookies and got into groups and we got 12 cookies that we had to share between a group of 3. When we had shared the cookies between each of us we had to write how we split the cookies up then we had to get with another group of 3 and had to share the 12 cookies between the 6 people. Then we wrote how we felt about how we shared the cookies.

On the next day we did a lesson about price quality, quantity and customer service then we had to write meanings for those words.

“Week 5: How does money work?”

1. August 30th, 2013 at 4:48 am      Reply Tiana Says:

I love our inquiry and really enjoying it I hope we do more fun stuff and do something fun and I found out that we are going to have a market day and I really looking forward to it,
    I love seeing all the things that we do on our blog,
    From Tiana

2. August 30th, 2013 at 4:51 am      Reply isabella Says:

Dear 3/4D
    I like our inquiry on the market. we are doing a wizz fizz lollie pop store.

From Isabella

3. September 10th, 2013 at 10:09 pm      Reply Patrick Says:

When I read “When The Doorbell rang” it was really surprising!
    I hope everyone goes well with market day.
    Bye,
    Patrick

4. October 21st, 2013 at 7:56 am      Reply JamesD Says:

When we read “When The Doorbell rang” it was really funny how people kept coming. I did a spooky tunnel for market day.

From James D

5. October 23rd, 2013 at 6:17 am      Reply Sabrina Says:

It looks like you all learnt alot from all the work you have done
    and also you have done so much and I hope you have learnt alot

From Sabrina (Gemma’s Sister) 🙂 🙂

6. October 23rd, 2013 at 8:07 am      Reply Rose Says:

Hey guys
    I really enjoyed that week but it was not one of my favourite weeks because I just thought the others i learnt more about money and this I still learnt lots but not so much.
    From rose

7. October 29th, 2013 at 10:03 am      Reply Elisa Says:

Hi
    I had alot of fun in last terms inquiry unit.
    From Elisa