Weeks 6 – 10 of our Inquiry Unit: How Does Money Work?

September16

This term we are doing an inquiry unit on money. Our Big Question is “How does money work?” We learnt a lot on the way. We had a guest speaker from Commonwealth Bank visit us to speak to us about money. We learned lots of facts throughout the term and decided to do a big project to show our learning.

So we decided to have a Market Day to raise money for a charity called “Operation Christmas Child.” Operation Christmas Child is a charity for needy children who don’t have that much toys. You fill a box with toys and the people who work for operation Christmas Child send the toys to the needy children. To do this we had to put in hard work. First we went into groups and decided what stall we wanted to do. All we hoped for was to have our first preference. The teachers had to work out which group had to do which stall. This was hard as there were a lot of groups in the year level.

We have worked hard to accomplish our project and are very excited to show our learning at our Market Day on 17th September. check out the photos of our groups getting ready for their market day stall.

We have enjoyed this term very much and hope to do it again!
What has been your favourite part of our Inquiry – How Does Money Work?

By Theresa, Ellie and Jennifer

“Weeks 6 – 10 of our Inquiry Unit: How Does Money Work?”

1. September 18th, 2013 at 11:40 am      Reply Uyen Says:

Congratulation to the J.E.T team. Thank you teachers!
    You have done fantastic work together. Well done girls! and thank you mums for yummy Icing and Sweet and supports.
    Aren’t we proud of them?

2. September 19th, 2013 at 11:13 am      Reply penny Says:

hi 3/4D,
    I had a great time on market day. There was some great stalls – go cake stall
    from penny

3. September 20th, 2013 at 1:50 am      Reply xavier Says:

hi
    It was a fun time getting ready for market day. it was a good group effort for everybody. there was so much to do. I can name the best stalls ALL OF THEM but since i did tattoos i have to say tattoos was the best stall

From Xavier

4. October 21st, 2013 at 8:27 am      Reply JamesD Says:

I had a great time on market day. There were lots of great stalls.We have all done fantastic work together. Good job everyone.

From James D

5. October 22nd, 2013 at 5:07 am      Reply Flynn Xaviers brother Says:

hi 3/4 D
    it looks like you did some great work in class my favorite part of market day was the tattoo stall

from Flynn

6. October 22nd, 2013 at 5:13 am      Reply Rebecca, Xavier's Mum Says:

I was very impressed with the Market Day. I really enjoyed the cake stand, there was a great selection of cakes. I had to wait until after the market finished before I could eat my cake as I was helping at the Tattoo Stand. It was so busy, there were so many customers that Xavier, Kai and James O. were worked off there feet. I thought it was funny how a lot of the children wanted neck tattoos, I wonder what the parents thought??

Great work fund raising,
    Rebecca

7. October 22nd, 2013 at 5:29 am      Reply Gemma Says:

I think everyone did a great job and put alot of effort into there stalls.
    Most of you all had no MORE things to sale which was good you all did well and I hope you all had a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Gemma 🙂 🙂

8. October 22nd, 2013 at 6:52 am      Reply JamesD Says:

I had a really good time on market day. There was so much to do. I loved all of the stalls. Great effort guys.

From James D’s Dad

9. October 23rd, 2013 at 4:52 am      Reply maria Says:

my favorite part of inquiry was the guest speaker visit, and
    of course Market day. I also liked doing money activities.
    from maria.

10. October 23rd, 2013 at 6:08 am      Reply Sabrina Says:

looks like you are having lots of fun and you made and did lots of cool things
    You all did a very good work on all your stalls.

From Sabrina (Gemma’s Sister) 🙂 🙂

11. October 23rd, 2013 at 7:51 am      Reply Rose Says:

Hey guys
    Wow! The day before market day.
    Everyone was so busy with there work.
    We finished all our great work before the big day.
    From rose

12. October 23rd, 2013 at 10:49 am      Reply Elisa Says:

I had heaps of fun during the preperation for the Market day. I think that we all had heaps of fun and we did a fantastic job.
    From Elisa

13. October 23rd, 2013 at 10:54 am      Reply Elisa Says:

Hi everyone
    Looks like you had alot of fun in preparing for the Market Day. Hope you had fun.
    From Valerie ( Elisa’s Mum)

14. October 28th, 2013 at 9:01 am      Reply Rosep Says:

Hey guys
    Last term my favourite part was All of it.
    I liked all of it because I learnt so much and
    I had so much fun learning about money.
    But if I had to choose one part of all of it
    I would choose preparing about market day
    And doing market day.
    From rose.

15. October 28th, 2013 at 9:08 am      Reply Kevin Says:

Hello
    It’s good to learn about money because in the future you need to know how to use it properly and well.
    I think that it is a really good idea to have a market day to raise money for charity because you are helping
    Those less fortunate to get better and feel happy.
    From Kevin (roses dad)

16. October 28th, 2013 at 10:41 pm      Reply xavier Says:

prepering for market day was very fun it took time but it was worth it

17. October 28th, 2013 at 10:48 pm      Reply Penny Says:

market day was great and we
    raised a lot of money thank
    you to the parents who helped
    From Penny

18. October 28th, 2013 at 10:55 pm      Reply James D's aunty Says:

I was very impressed with the Market Day. I really enjoyed all the stands. There were really cool stalls. Great work.

From James D’s aunty

19. November 9th, 2013 at 10:39 am      Reply Abbey Says:

Hello
    I like the way ou are learning
    It looks fun