Market Day

September19

The Middle School students ran a Market Day on Tuesday 17th September to raise money for the charity Operation Christmas Child. They created market stalls to sell both goods and services. The students were amazed to find out their efforts and hard work raised a staggering $1973. Year 3/4 would like to thank the parents, grandparents, students, teachers and members of the community that supported our market day through donating to our stalls and joining in the fun of Market Day. You can see all the fun from Market Day below:

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own free slideshow

What was your favourite part of Market Day? Why?
What did you learn from running a Market stall?

“Market Day”

1. September 19th, 2013 at 11:52 pm      Reply Marie DIckson Says:

Loved the photos and hearing about all your plans. It seemed a really fun day and you must be very proud that you were able to raise so much money. My favourite part was eating the chocolate balls and cake brought home to me. Enjoy choosing items to go in the shoe boxes and making such a difference by your hard work and generosity. Marie Dickson

2. September 20th, 2013 at 1:42 am      Reply xavier Says:

hi 3/4D i had a lot of fun at market day. I did the stall tattoos. it was a big success, people just came back for more and more tattoos and a lot of girls came. we were proudly supported by home made lemonade and the spooky tunnel. it was a good day for all and everyone had fun

from xavier

3. September 20th, 2013 at 1:51 am      Reply tiana Says:

I loved the market day and I wish it could happen again. My favourite part was when I got to start to sell my things.
    From Tiana

4. September 20th, 2013 at 2:07 am      Reply pennyk Says:

hi
    market day was the best:)!!!!
    a lot of stalls ran out but thats great.
    from penny

5. September 20th, 2013 at 2:32 am      Reply rileyb Says:

i loved market day i want to do it again
    from riley

6. September 20th, 2013 at 2:36 am      Reply zoe Says:

Hi 3\4 D!!!
    I really enjoyed market day. My stall was selling plants,
    it was called PLANTS R US.
    When it was my turn to go to different stalls I went to many stalls but I got most of the stuff from the op shop.
    The op shop was very popular

Best wishes Zoe

7. September 20th, 2013 at 1:10 pm      Reply Mr Wakeling Says:

Outstanding Grade 3/4’s!!!
    What a wonderful learning adventure that you have been through! I was very
    disappointed that I missed your Market Day. I was sadly in Queenscliff with Mrs
    Morris, at her fathers funeral.
    The teachers were all telling me about your stalls last night and how well organised
    they were. I was also talking with Miss Dickson last night about the shopping trip
    that you will now be going on for the Christmas boxes. You are very lucky children!
    Thank you for all of your hard work and for raising money for children less
    fortunate than you.

Have a great holiday!

Well Done,
    Mr W

8. October 21st, 2013 at 7:24 am      Reply JamesD Says:

I think it was really good and fun to be creating a market day to get money for operation christrmas child. Children deserve a present.
    From James D

9. October 21st, 2013 at 7:30 am      Reply Kellie (Zoe's Mum) Says:

Well done on the market day, we had a competition at home because Zoe’s stepbrother goes to another school and they also had a market and the competition was on who could raise the most….the winner was Holy Family so a great result for all the effort you all put in and for a really worthy cause.

Keep smiling

Kellie

10. October 21st, 2013 at 7:54 am      Reply Gemma Says:

I had learnt alot we did a great job I enjoyed everything I think you all did a great
    work. Running a stall takes alot of effort because you need to think of your budget and you always should write letters to get help for your charity We did a great work on raising money great work!!!!! 🙂 🙂
    Always you need to make sure everyone is happy and has something they want to do you all need to make sure everyone in your group needs to have a job you need a people in your group to be:
    CEO (manger)
    ACCOUNT
    PUBLIC RELATIONS
    JOURNALIST All of these jobs need to be included . I have learnt alot of new things that I can use when I grow up

From Gemma 🙂 🙂

11. October 21st, 2013 at 8:52 am      Reply Atara Says:

Market day was lots of fun we learnt a lot about money, work and how to run our shops. there was 4 people in a group and 4 jobs there were accountant, manager, public relations and journalist I was the accountant. We did the cake Stall. market day was a lot of fun!!!

From Atara

12. October 21st, 2013 at 9:13 am      Reply Rose Says:

Hi guys
    I had fun on market day.
    I think that having a market day was a really good idea
    And a lot of fun.
    It was surprising of how much money we raised.
    All of the shops were great ideas.
    I was in cake stall.
    What stall were you in???????

From rose

13. October 21st, 2013 at 10:42 am      Reply Ashanya Says:

Hi 3/4’s
    I loved your market day it was such a achievement.
    I really liked your stalls they were so creative.
    My favorite part about the market day was the disco. I really enjoyed it because everyone joined in with the songs and sang along. I also liked the cake stall because the cakes tasted really good and the honey joys were really joyie.
    From Ashanya (Atara’s Sister)

14. October 21st, 2013 at 10:57 am      Reply Gishain Says:

My favorite part of market day was going to the disco because it was fun and exciting. I hope that I could run a market day stall in 2 years just like my sisters.

From Gishain Atara’s brother

15. October 22nd, 2013 at 4:57 am      Reply xavier Says:

hi 3/4 D
    on market day i went to the spooky tunnel homemade lemonade and wiz fizz stall i had a great time on market day what where your favorite stalls?

from xavier

16. October 22nd, 2013 at 5:07 am      Reply Sabrina Says:

Hi 3/4 D,

Great job on market day! Your stalls were really well planed and thought out. It was even better than the last market day!
    How much money did you raise? My favourite place was the disco and dream cakes. 🙂
    Great Job! 😉 🙂

Sabrina (Gemma’s sister)

17. October 22nd, 2013 at 5:21 am      Reply isabella Says:

I really liked market day it was very fun and my favourite store was pizza store
    From Isabella

18. October 22nd, 2013 at 6:42 am      Reply JamesD Says:

Hi 3/4â€ēs
    I loved your market day it was such a achievement. It was really fun to go to all the stores. Great work guys.

From James D’s Mum

19. October 22nd, 2013 at 8:47 pm      Reply Tiana Says:

I didn’t go but I think I was a good day, I saw lots of photos and it looked great.
    From Brett (Tiana’s Dad)

20. October 23rd, 2013 at 4:42 am      Reply maria Says:

excellent work on market day, you all worked so hard and
    it was a great success for all of us. all of our supplies ran out quickly
    and all the teachers commented on your wonderful job.

from Maria

21. October 23rd, 2013 at 10:39 am      Reply Elisa Says:

Hi
    I really liked running our market day stores. My group got a lot of costermers and we sold out!
    Bye
    ELISA

22. October 23rd, 2013 at 8:28 pm      Reply Rosep Says:

Hey guys
    What a excellent day we all had.
    I had a lot of fun.
    From rose

23. October 28th, 2013 at 10:35 pm      Reply jameso Says:

market day was fun my favorite slall was fairy floss

24. November 3rd, 2013 at 4:07 am      Reply maria Says:

the best market day ever!! you all worked so hard together, and raised an enormous amount, well done