Shopping for Operation Christmas Child

October16

The Middle Level held a market day last term to raise money for a charity called Operation Christmas Child. The aim of Operation Christmas Child is to bring joy to children in need by providing Christmas boxes filled with gifts. As a level we raised enough money to fill 30 shoe boxes. On Thursday 3/4D and 3/4GB went over to our local shops to buy the gifts for our Christmas Boxes. We all worked in groups to find items that would fit with the criteria we were given and our budget of $30 per box. Each group filled a box for either a boy or girl of different ages.

Here is a list of criteria we needed to follow:

6 things to light up the world of a child in need

• SOMETHING TO LOVE
    Teddy bear, doll, soft toy, etc.
  • SOMETHING FOR SCHOOL
    Exercise book, pencil case, pens, pencils, colouring pencils, sharpener,
    eraser, chalk, etc.
  • SOMETHING TO WEAR
    T-shirt, shorts, underwear, cap, beanie, sandals, thongs, etc.
  • SOMETHING TO PLAY WITH
    Tennis ball, cars, skipping rope, marbles, musical instrument, yo-yo,
    slinky, finger puppets, wind up torch, etc. (No battery operated items)*
  • SOMETHING FOR PERSONAL HYGIENE
    Soap and face washer, toothbrush, hairbrush, comb, hair-clips,
    scrunchies, etc.(No toothpaste)*
  • SOMETHING SPECIAL
    Carry bag, sunglasses, bangles, necklaces, craft kits, stickers, note
    or photo of yourself.

Operation Christmas Child on PhotoPeach

“Shopping for Operation Christmas Child”

1. October 21st, 2013 at 5:30 am      Reply Gemma Says:

Looks like you all had alot of fun it so good you can raise money for kids out there who don’t have anything out there
    it seams you all had a great time at the shops shopping for people in need. 🙂 🙂 Nice work

From (Gemma’s Sister Sabrina)

2. October 21st, 2013 at 7:18 am      Reply JamesD Says:

I think its a really good idea to be putting toys in a box to give to those less fortunate than us at Christmas time. Every child should receive a nice present filled with the good wishes and presents of others.
    From James D

• October 25th, 2013 at 5:07 am      Reply Xavier Says:

yes James
      you are absolutely right but what happens if there aren’t enough boxes for every one theirs something to think about

• October 27th, 2013 at 12:21 am      Reply mariab Says:

yes I agree James it is nice to give a gift to someone a million miles away.
      and it is nice to receive something for you from someone isn’t it?

from Maria

3. October 21st, 2013 at 7:26 am      Reply zoe Says:

Hi 3\4 D!!!

it was really fun choosing the gifts for operation christmas child
    my group had to choose for an 2 to 4 year old girl.
    it was very simple and we even had spare change!!!

Best Wishes Zoe

4. October 21st, 2013 at 8:43 am      Reply Atara Says:

I loved going to the Mt Waverley shops. In my group it was Theresa, Penny and me Mrs. Bright was our teacher we had to get a present for a 2-4 boy we got him a teddy bear, a book and some crayons, a cap, 3 cars. a toothbrush and soap, stickers and a card. It was lots of fun!!!

From Atara

5. October 21st, 2013 at 9:02 am      Reply Rose Says:

Hey 3/4D
    After our awesome and fun market day we raised a lot of money.
    With the money we raised we bought six little presents for lovely
    Poor kids in those unfortunate country’s over the globe.
    We did it for a great charity that is in New Zealand and Australia.
    The name of the charity we did was operation Christmas child.
    I don’t know about you but I feel good about doing good for poor and unfortunate kids.
    From Rose.

6. October 22nd, 2013 at 4:52 am      Reply xavier Says:

it was a great time filling up the shoe boxes i felt good about doing it it was so much fun the poor will be so happy with this my group was me my mum and Patrick and Kai.

from xavier

7. October 22nd, 2013 at 5:04 am      Reply isabella Says:

i really enjoyed packing and going to the mount waverly shops for Operation Christmas Child

From Isabella

8. October 22nd, 2013 at 5:21 am      Reply Rebecca, Xavier's Mum Says:

I really enjoyed taking Xavier, Kai & Patrick on the shopping expedition for the Christmas Child’s boxes. It was good to see the children making thoughtful choices for other children who don’t have as much stuff as they do.
    I hope the lucky recipients of the shoe boxes enjoy their gifts, knowing that they have been put together with much care.
    Good work middle levels!
    Rebecca

9. October 22nd, 2013 at 6:47 am      Reply JamesD Says:

Hi 3/4′s
    I loved your idea for operation Christmas child. I loved going to the Mt Waverley shops.It was very simple. We even had spare change. Good job.

From James D’s Mum

10. October 22nd, 2013 at 7:25 am      Reply JamesD Says:

I had so much fon going with you to the Mt Waverley shops. I had 3 people in my group. Nice idea for getting the money.

From James D’s Dad

11. October 22nd, 2013 at 8:50 pm      Reply Tiana Says:

Hi 3/4 D ,
    I really like it because I got to make somebody happy and I hope we get to do something like this again.
    From Tiana

12. October 23rd, 2013 at 6:47 am      Reply Paul Says:

It look like you have raised alot of money and brought alot of things for kids that need help
    I think you did a really good work of raising money. Good work

From Paul (Gemma’s Dad) 🙂 🙂

13. October 23rd, 2013 at 11:16 am      Reply Elisa Says:

Dear 3/4D
    I had alot of fun taking Elisa, Justin and James to the shops. They were fabulous and I had a wonderful time.
    From
    Xavier (Elisa’s Dad)

14. October 28th, 2013 at 10:31 pm      Reply jameso Says:

i had lots of fun going around to get stuff it was fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. October 28th, 2013 at 10:34 pm      Reply Penny Says:

I had a great time doing those boxes
    and its good to know that there going
    to a charity to help kids

16. October 28th, 2013 at 10:51 pm      Reply James D's Aunty Says:

James told me about the shock pen. Good charity to work in. Good idea for raising money.

From James D’s aunty

17. October 29th, 2013 at 10:24 am      Reply Sinead McGarrigle (Caitlin's cousin) Says:

This is a great idea, thinking on children less fortunate, putting a great big smile on their Christmas time…x

18. October 29th, 2013 at 1:15 pm      Reply Tanya-Caitlin's friend Says:

I think this is a wonderful way of giving back to people in the world and it looks like you had a great time raising the money and spending it. I wish more people in the world could be this generous.

19. October 30th, 2013 at 7:05 am      Reply ashlees Says:

that was a lot of fun I was very exited.

20. October 30th, 2013 at 9:34 am      Reply rosep Says:

hey guys
    operation chrismas child is such a great charity.
    it was a lot of fun going to the shops to buy the six little presents for the little kids.
    from rose