Learning about FRACTIONS

October24

This term we have been learning about Fractions.

Watch the video below to find out more about Fractions:

What do you know about Fractions?
Where do you see fractions being used?
Can you give a problem for our class to solve involving fractions?

“Learning about FRACTIONS”

1. October 24th, 2013 at 6:08 am      Reply maria Says:

loving the new post about fractions, it was a really
    catchy tune.

from maria

2. October 24th, 2013 at 6:58 am      Reply ramsay Says:

hi 34D
    your fraction song was good, I like how you used big and small
    fractions. I like how Mr. R sung the song.

from Ramsay [ maria,s brother]

3. October 25th, 2013 at 5:01 am      Reply Flynn Says:

Your learning must be fun i can not wait to be in grade 3
    from Flynn

4. October 25th, 2013 at 5:14 am      Reply Gemma Says:

I like learning about fractions it is really fun I have learnt
    alot of different fractions.

From Gemma 🙂 🙂

P.S I LIKE THE SONG

5. October 25th, 2013 at 5:15 am      Reply Sabrina Says:

It looks like you all have been learning alot
    great work I think the video is pretty cool.

From Sabrina (Gemma’s Sister)

• November 3rd, 2013 at 11:47 pm      Reply Elisa Says:

Hello
      Thank you for leaving a comment on our class blog. We have been learning alot about fractions and we are having alot of fun,

6. October 25th, 2013 at 6:55 am      Reply Elisa Says:

HI
    I like the new frations song. It is very catchy song.
    From Elisa

7. October 25th, 2013 at 7:06 am      Reply rosep Says:

hey guys
    learning fractions was really good.
    i really understood it this year.
    it was really fun.
    from rose

8. October 28th, 2013 at 4:45 am      Reply Patrick Says:

One very catchy tune. I know that the bigger the denominator the smaller the fraction. On a clock you can find fractions. What is bigger 5/8 or 4/9?
    Bye Patrick

• October 28th, 2013 at 4:54 am      Reply Rosep Says:

Hello Patrick and 3/4D and miss Dickson.
      5/8 is bigger than 4/9.
      I know a lot about fractions now and I know that there is
      A numerator and a denominator for e.g 1/4 the 4 is the
      Denominator and the 1 is the numerator and also the numerator
      Is on the top and the denominator is on the bottom.
      Fractions are almost used for everything like cooking
      Making and building things and replacing and outing new windows in.
      Is 0.9 or 7/4 closer to one whole
      From rose

9. October 28th, 2013 at 10:26 pm      Reply Elisa Says:

Hello
    Here is a fractions sum:
    Tim had 4/8 of a pizza. Kat had 3/8 of the same pizza. How many slices of pizza did they eat altogether?
    From Elisa

10. October 28th, 2013 at 10:27 pm      Reply jameso Says:

if i had 4/7 and the next day i had 2/7 come how many all together?

11. October 28th, 2013 at 10:33 pm      Reply James D Says:

It looks like you all have been learning alot about fractions. Cool song. Keep up the good work.

James D’s dad

12. October 28th, 2013 at 10:37 pm      Reply James D Says:

I know that the bigger the denominator the smaller the fraction. Fractions are fun to learn.

From James D

13. October 28th, 2013 at 10:44 pm      Reply Penny Says:

hi 3/4D,
    i learnt alot about fractions
    from penny

14. October 28th, 2013 at 10:55 pm      Reply xavier Says:

i have a big problem
    i had 95/100 pencilc and i lost 29.5 pencils can you help me

15. October 30th, 2013 at 10:32 am      Reply Treasa (Caitlin's mum) Says:

I love fractions! What does 1/4 of 60 and time have in common? Good luck…

16. October 30th, 2013 at 9:08 pm      Reply Sophie Says:

Hello
    Fractions were never my favourite thing but it looks like your making them fun.
    From Sophie (roses mum)

17. November 3rd, 2013 at 4:05 am      Reply maria Says:

hi 34/D
    what a great way to learn fractions ,i couldn’t stop humming the tune,

from Yvonne (marias mum)