Kids Learning Together

A 3/4 Class Blog

Holiday Adventures

January8

S

Hi Year 3/4D!!!!! I hope you are enjoying the school holidays.

What has been your favourite holiday adventure? Have you seen any movies or read any books you would recommend to everyone? What are you looking forward to in 2014?

by posted under Uncategorized | 18 Comments »    

“Holiday Adventures”

1. January 10th, 2014 at 4:38 am      Reply Sophie P Says:

Hi 3/4D I saw frozen and I highly recommend this movie, next week I am going to see saving Mr banks or maybe the secret life of Walter mitty. last week we went to Echuca which is on the border of Victoria and NSW. it was so hot that we managed to have 8 swims in the pool. My dad took me and my family to the Echuca races it had loads of kids activities. there was even a horse named Sophie’s tryst but it got scratched. it such a great holiday and our apartment we stayed in was great. I was very upset when the time came to leave but I had such a great time. Today we have just came back from my auntie’s holiday house in Taggerty I love they’re holiday house because it is in the country. we even got to feed they’re cows from the back of the ute! again it was very upsetting when we had to leave. but I know we will probably go back in the next school holidays. these holidays have been so much fun and I am very excited about going back to school.

• January 10th, 2014 at 11:41 am      Reply Miss Dickson Says:

Hi Sophie!
      Thanks for leaving a comment on the blog. It sounds like you had a fabulous time in Echuca and Taggerty. I haven’t see any movies yet but it is good to know you recommend Frozen. Saving Mr Banks looks good too.
      Enjoy the rest of the holidays.
      Best wishes always from Miss Dickson

2. January 23rd, 2014 at 9:46 pm      Reply Paige Says:

Hi 3/4D,

On New Year’s Eve I went to the city to see the fireworks. When we got back it was almost midnight so I stayed up and watch the Sydney fireworks. It was amazing. We went to Lake Eildon for 2 weeks. I went with my nanny, pa, family and friends. I went water skiing and learnt how to cross the boat wake. I also went kneeboarding with my mum and Kaelan. We went four wheel driving to Craig’s Hut. It was very different and interesting. When we got back we went to the movies to see Frozen with my Dad. It was good. I recommend it. I am kind of looking forward to going back to school but holidays are great.

• January 24th, 2014 at 12:04 pm      Reply Miss Dickson Says:

Hi Paige!
      Thanks for leaving a comment on the blog. What a fantastic holiday you had at Lake Eildon. I have never been water skiing. I would imagine you would need really good balance. Which do you like the best – water skiing or kneeboarding? I love holidays but I am looking forward to starting the new school year. The classroom is ready for our first day back.
      See you on Thursday,
      From Miss Dickson

3. January 30th, 2014 at 5:10 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Hello Everyone!!
    For my Holidays I had a good time. When I was at My Dads Parents house I wemt bush walking. Once When we went to the national park we saw a Tiger Snake and a brownsnake!! We were trying to walk to the waterfall. But when we got there it looked like a trickle.

In holidays I got a gift card for a book shop called Dymocks. I got to choose a pair of books, it was in a set, but it was only the first 3 out of 5. The series was called the Mortal Instruments. The books I got was the city of bones, the city of ashes, and the city of Glass. I would reccomend these books if you are up for a challenge. It is a chapter book.

Another Time I went to the beach while my mum was at work. We were down at Dromana. It was a really hot day and the sand got hot. My Dad tried to throw a bit of glass into the bushes, In about 10 steps, he did the chicken dance back.

From Sophie.M

• January 30th, 2014 at 8:27 am      Reply Miss Dickson Says:

Hi Sophie!
      Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog. I haven’t heard of the book series you mentioned. I will have to check it out. I love holidays as it gives me a chance to rad some novels. During school time I am sometimes too tired to read before I go to bed or too busy to read something I enjoy as I have school work to do instead. These school holidays I have read two and a half novels. One book I was so wanting to find out how it finished I stayed up until 2 am reading it!
      Happy reading!
      Best wishes from Miss Dickson

4. January 30th, 2014 at 6:14 am      Reply charlie Says:

Hi miss Dickson it was very fun seeing all my new classmates and new teacher today i’m gonna have so much fun with you this year 2014

• January 30th, 2014 at 8:23 am      Reply Miss Dickson Says:

Hi Charlie!
      Thanks for leaving a comment on the blog.
      I am glad you enjoyed today. I am sure we will have a fun and engaging year together.
      Best wishes from Miss Dickson

5. January 30th, 2014 at 7:51 am      Reply Lachlan Says:

hi 3/4D ,
    recently I have started reading zombie bums from uranus by Andy Griffiths (10/10)and I highly recommend it. If you have not read the first book the day my bum went psycho the story will still make sense because there is a glossary at the back and it explains as you go along. some other books i have read are genius files: you only die twice (9/10) the BFG (10/10) and a lot of others. Some movies I recommend are like mike (10/10) like mike 2 (10/10) little mermaid :ariels beginning :the prequel to the little mermaid(9/10) and bedtime stories (10/10)
    bye

• January 30th, 2014 at 8:20 am      Reply Miss Dickson Says:

Hi Lachlan!
      Thanks for leaving a comment on the blog. It is great to see you recommending books and movies to your class mates. I haven’t read any books by Andy Griffiths. I might have to borrow one when we start borrowing at library. I have read the BFG and love it. Roald Dahl is one of my favourite authors.
      Best wishes from Miss Dickson

6. January 30th, 2014 at 7:58 am      Reply Mikaela Says:

Hi 3/4D,
    On the holidays i went up to Lake Eildon and we stayed there for two weeks. We went up with family and friends. We jumped on the jumping pillow and swam in the pool. I went water skiing, kneeboading, on the biscuit. Played tennis, mini golf and lots more!
    Mikaela

• January 30th, 2014 at 8:18 am      Reply Miss Dickson Says:

Hi Mikaela!
      Thanks for leaving a comment on the blog. It sounds like you had a fantastic time at Lake Eildon.
      Best wishes from Miss Dickson

7. January 30th, 2014 at 9:41 am      Reply Theresa Says:

Hi Miss Dicko! 😛
    On the holidays,I went to Vietnam. It was very fun. The beaches were so warm and you could just hop in! Vinpearl was very fun and I was tall enough to go on all of the rides. I liked the water amusement park the most. I liked the Black Hole.
    Then I went to Apollo Bay and stayed at a holiday house for 3 days. It was a 1 minute walk to the beach so we spent most of the holiday fishing, swimming and having fun!!! I have also watched Frozen and recommend it.
    Overall, I had an awesome holiday!
    Theresa

• January 30th, 2014 at 11:40 am      Reply Miss Dickson Says:

Hi Theresa!
      Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog. It sounds like you had an amazing holiday in Vietnam. I have always wanted to visit there. You will have to show me some photos from your trip.
      Best wishes from Miss Dickson

8. February 2nd, 2014 at 9:16 am      Reply Noah Says:

Hi 3/4D,
    On the holidays my mum, brothers and I went up to Milawa. We stayed with Jacob and his family. We had so much fun. We visited the Milawa cheese factory where I had a chocolate ice-cream. We visited Beechworth and Bright. In Bright we had a swim in the river. There was a big green water slide which ended up in the river. There was also a diving board into the river and a slide. We also went down the rapids on inflatables. It was heaps of fun.
    I also spent some time down at Phillip Island with my cousins from Margaret River. We went to the beach every day. We played beach cricket, we went on the stand up paddle board and I even jumped off the pier with my uncle. It was a great summer holiday.
    I’m really looking forward to spending the year in 3/4 D.

From Noah

• February 3rd, 2014 at 12:43 am      Reply Miss Dickson Says:

Hi Noah!
      Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog. It sounds like you had a fantastic holiday with many great memories. I am looking forward to having you in 3/4D too!
      From Miss Dickson

9. March 12th, 2014 at 7:04 am      Reply phoebe Says:

great

10. March 30th, 2014 at 3:40 am      Reply Sophie M Says:

Hi everyone!
    Even though it is already 2014, in the Holidays, I saw the fireworks in Dromana. My best night in the holidays. Then my Dads Dad watches TV untill he wants to go to bed.

Sophie M