Kids Learning Together

A 3/4 Class Blog

Twilight Sports

February23

Holy Family held their annual school sports over two Fridays. On Friday 14th February every grade participated in a ball game at school earning points for their house teams. Last Friday 21st February we all headed to the Bill Steart Athletics track at Burwood for our Twilight Sports. All students in Year 3/4 participated in a sprint, shuttle relay and long jump. Some students represented our level in the circular relay. At the end of the night Red won the overall sports while Green won the Spirit award.

Write a reflection about your experiences at Twilight Sports. Remember good writers describe events clearly with lots of detail. Think about your senses to help you describe the evening.

by posted under Uncategorized | 22 Comments »    

“Twilight Sports”

1. February 24th, 2014 at 5:35 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Howdy, Miss D!!
    At the Twilight sports, I saw how EXCITED people were. My friends and I played before we started. When the Twilight sports started, I was nervous. When it was my turn, I had to run against Atara, Theresa, Sienna R, Chiara and Zoe. When I finished my Race, I cheered on my other teammates. During the yr 2 race, I had to take some Gold kids to the toilet. I got back when the yr 3’s were doing their race. Next Gold had to do the baton relay. We didn’t go so well. I was lucky enough to particapate in the Circular relay. After we announced that Red won, and Green got the spirit award, I got to eat a sausage. It tasted Yummy and smelt good.

From Sophie M

2. February 24th, 2014 at 5:47 am      Reply Paige Says:

Hi 3/4D,
    I really enjoyed the twilight sports. I ran 50 metres, I did a shuttle run, long jump and I did a circular relay. Every one was so loud my ears were starting to hurt! Everyone was very happy if they got 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th because they had fun I don’t care that green didn’t come first but we got the spirit award!

From Paige

3. February 24th, 2014 at 7:01 am      Reply taylahc Says:

on Friday the 21st of February I had school sports at Bill Stewarts Reserve. when I got there I saw Miss. Dickson. I went up to her so she could tick me off the role. when we started I heard all the teams cheering. when I had almost finished the school sports I could feel a breeze. I talked to my friend Corina most of the time. As I was leaving the school sports I could smell the sausage sizzle. Overall I had a great day.

by Taylah Crestani 3/4D

4. February 24th, 2014 at 8:18 am      Reply Sophie P Says:

Hi all students in year 3/4,
    Twilight sports was an amazing expierience for me. Although Gold came Last i still had such a wonderfull time!!! Finally the year 4’s got called up for there running race. Ready Steady BAM! I ran as fast as i could and i came 5th. now we’re running with the baton. Unfortunately we came last:( but i still enjoyed it. Finally, my favorite Long jump, I thought i jumped really far. So today monday 24th feb they anounced the scores. I came 4th i am so proud.
    From Sophie P

5. February 24th, 2014 at 9:04 am      Reply Ryan Says:

Dear Miss Dickson I had a good time at the twilight sports. Green came second but I don’t care because I just wanted to have fun. The first thing I smelled was sausages sizzling on the barbeque, anyway it was my race time. I could hear my team cheering for me, I came second. Green won the spirit award and that’s all I can remember.

6. February 24th, 2014 at 10:01 am      Reply Theresa Says:

Hi 3/4D!
    The Twilight sports were so fun. I participated in the sprints where I came 1st, the shuttle relay where green came 2nd and he long jump. We were all screaming at the top of our lungs and it was so loud! I am pretty happy that green got the spirit award and overall, we came 2nd. Congrats to red who won and Sophie Pa and Mikaela that got an award in the long jump.

From Theresa

7. February 24th, 2014 at 11:55 pm      Reply Nikolas Says:

Hi 3/4D
    The twilight sports were great. Every body was so excited to participate in the twilight sports. When it started I was so nervous who would win. The cheering from every colour was so loud. When it was my turn I couldn’t wait, I ended up coming third in my 100 metre sprint. In the shuttle relay blue came third. I also participated in long jump but I didn’t come anything. I could see that every colour was desperate for a win. I was lucky enough to participate in the circular relay. Blue came fourth in the circular relay. Overall gold came fourth, blue came third, green came second and red came first. I didn’t really care who won I just had fun. After they announced the winners and who won the spirit award I went and got a sausage which smelt so nice and tasted delicious. After that we went and got a pizza.
    GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!
    From Nikolas

8. February 25th, 2014 at 3:19 am      Reply jacob Says:

Hi there, 3/4D you remember when we did the twilight sports, last week, we had so much fun. We did running races, ball sports and long jump. Some people did the circular relay. The green team won the Spirit Award and came second. Red came first, blue came third and gold came forth. I got 2 second place ribbons. I was very happy. My brother Zak, got a first and a second.

9. February 26th, 2014 at 5:19 am      Reply Evan Says:

Our Twilight Sports was held on 21st February at the Bill Stewart Track. When I arrived I joined my house team which is Red. I was really looking forward to all the events. First I participated in the Sprint and I was really happy that I came first. During the event we did lots of chanting and cheering for our team mates. I also participated in the Shuttle Relay and my team came first. We all put in a great effort. Lastly I was in the Grade 3 Circular Relay and once again my team finished first. At the end of the night I was really proud to have three blue ribbons. At the end of the event Mr Wakelin announced all the teams total scores and I was really happy that Red came first! Everyone had a great night!

10. February 26th, 2014 at 5:35 am      Reply Lachlan Says:

hi 3/4D
    Twilight sports is a time when friends can get competitive, you can have fun and you can get active
    Here is what happened to me
    After I watched the 4/5/6s do their races which seemed to go on forever the red green gold and blue year 3 boys did long jump.
    Finally it was my race & I came last but I did not mind.
    During the end of the games you could start to smell the sweet smell of sausages drifting through the air lake an angel
    In the end red came first (yay) and green got the spirit award

from Lachlan

11. February 26th, 2014 at 5:50 am      Reply Myrna (Gabe's mum) Says:

I had a great time at both events…the ball games and the track & field. I am so proud of all of you! No matter whether you came first, second, third, forth, fifth… (you get the idea), you all participated with big smiles on your faces. Well done to all of you.

12. February 26th, 2014 at 6:02 am      Reply freddy Says:

The twillight sports was so much fun. I was in the 100 metre sprint, long jump and shutle relay. Red team won, it was so exciting . My friend Eddie won the toddler race.
    After the twilight sports I got a soft drink then played for a bit , then we went home.

13. February 26th, 2014 at 6:12 am      Reply Junwoo Says:

Hi 3/4D,
    At the twilight sports I had lots of fun. We came third in circular relay. I got 2 third place ribbons. Green got the spirit award and red came first. Blue came third and gold came last but I didn’t really care. For the first time my sister Ellie played twilight sports.Even my grandfather,Grandmother and my aunt and my 3 cousins and my mom and dad came to see me. I felt happy. I enjoyed Twilight sports.

From Junwoo

14. February 26th, 2014 at 6:17 am      Reply Gabe Says:

Hi 3/4D

It was so fun playing at both spot events, ball games and the twilight sports carnival.
    In the twilight sports playing against lots of hard players was fun because it gives you a challenge . I came 2nd in the running race and 2nd in the relay.
    In the ball games Green did Good but Red did better and also Blue but I felt sorry for Gold. it was a good day for it and I came first in my event.
    Any way Red came first well done but i am still happy with what I came.
    Good luck for next year and…..
    GO GREEN WOOOO

From Gabe

15. February 26th, 2014 at 7:03 am      Reply Noah Says:

On Friday the 21st of Feb the Twilight Sports was held at Burwood running track. The temperature was cool but the sun was shining. First of all I did long jump. I was feeling excited and nervous. I didn’t step over the line and I tried my hardest so I think I did pretty well. Then I came back and cheered for a while. It was really loud, with people screaming everywhere.
    After a while I raced against Alex, Aidan, Luca and many others. I came second. It was very close.
    My little brother Harly came first in his race and I didn’t so I tore my ribbon up as I was upset. Now I think I should have kept it because coming second is good too. Maybe I will come first next time.
    By Noah

16. February 26th, 2014 at 7:57 am      Reply Phoebe Says:

On Friday the 14th February Holy Family had ball games. I am in gold house. It was a super hot day. I felt like I was about to melt! I participated in year 3 ball games. Then on Friday the 21st February the sports continued at Nunawading athletics track. As soon as I got out of the car I was really nervous. First all the teams paraded around the oval. I could smell the sausage sizzle from the oval and it was making me very hungry for dinner. I participate in the long jump and 3 running races , one was the circular rely. I had a great night but was disappointed that gold came last. But I went home knowing that I tried my hardest in all my races & gold house tried its hardest.

17. February 26th, 2014 at 8:25 am      Reply Mikaela Says:

Hi 3/4D,
    I really enjoyed the twilight sports. I am in BLUE! Red came first Green came second Blue came third and Gold came last. I was in single running and the shuttle relay and every student had to do long jump. I got a third, fourth and for long jump i got second. I did not get into circular relay. 🙁
    From Mikaela

18. February 27th, 2014 at 5:56 am      Reply zoe Says:

hi 3/4D,
    i liked twilight sports. I was sad blue came third but happy that i got ribbons. My ribbons were third, fourth and well done. Overall it was a great game. I came fourth with my jacket and hat on and my hat fell off in the middle of the race. also i got a fright when ever the pistol went off. from Zoe

19. February 27th, 2014 at 6:21 am      Reply Thomas Says:

On Friday 14th February, we went to the Twilight Sports and when I got there, we went into our colour groups. I was at the back and I was in Blue House and we walked around the oval and then we went on our mats. Then, all the Grade 3’s did the long jump. I did the 100m sprint and I came first! I felt good about that. I did a relay and came second and someone in red team came first. When I got back to my mat I was cheering for my team and watching the races. Go Blues! I liked looking at all the teams; blue, red, green and gold. We sang the loudest. When Mr Wakeling announced the scores, Blue came third, Green Second and Gold fourth and Red won the event. I ate chocolate at the end which was super good.
    From Thomas

20. February 27th, 2014 at 7:27 am      Reply Sophie Pi Says:

on Friday 21st we had our twilight sports. I ran in the single race and the baton race. I had to race in the year 4 race as well because they did not have enough red people. I had a headache at the end from all of the screaming, but I was so happy when I heard Mr Wakling say that red won.
    Congratulations to all the other teams on a great effort.
    from Sophie

21. February 27th, 2014 at 8:28 am      Reply charlie Says:

last friday the whole school went to the running track for the twilight sports. we parked our car and went in. then the running races started i got a first place ribbin. then after they started the running realy i got a second ribbin because red won. then after we listened to who won and who lost. 1st place red 2nd place green third place blue and last place gold.
    it was a fun night!!!!!!!!
    p.s GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. February 27th, 2014 at 10:15 am      Reply gabriella Says:

Hi 3/4D,

At Twilight Sports I was in the circular relay and lots of other races. I also did long jump.

I came 2nd, 4th and fourth again in circular relay.

The smell of the sausages made me hungry!

My house GREEN cheered and made lots of noise all night.
    GREEN won the spirit award! Finally it came to a decision and RED won!

It was a good night for everyone.

by Gabriella