Kids Learning Together

A 3/4 Class Blog

Our Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Concert!

August5

A Night With the Star!

On Friday the 1st of August the students of Holy Family put on one of the most incredible performances of the year. The adaptation of Peter Pan by the Junior grades and Mary Poppins by the Middle and Senior grades had critics calling it the stage show of a generation. As 2/3/4 students we were entrusted with some very important and significant roles in Mary Poppins. We had waiters, jockeys, hunters, chimney sweeps, a fox and Jane and Michael Banks amongst our very talented year level. We practiced really hard for months, and made sure we knew all our lines, dance moves, when to come on the stage and where to stand.
We arrived early dressed in our wonderful costumes, and had make up applied, even the boys! It was great, we felt like real stars. We waited backstage while the Junior School warmed and dazzled the audience. When we finally got our chance to perform, we walked onto the stage, found our spots and were greeted with a blinding light, rousing applause and smiles and hand waving from our families and friends. It all happened so quickly, and seemed to be over even quicker.
The entire school took the stage for the finale, we waved kites in the air and sang extra loud. Everyone seemed really happy and buzzing with excitement. I think we put on an amazing show. What do you think? What was your favourite part of the night? What was your favourite song from Mary Poppins?

by posted under Uncategorized | 25 Comments »    

“Our Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Concert!”

1. August 6th, 2014 at 6:15 am      Reply Freddy Says:

i enjoyed the concert this year because i knew a lot more people . I thought Thomas the main character was great. i also like the experience of back stage.

From Freddy

2. August 6th, 2014 at 6:22 am      Reply lachlan Says:

Hi everyone
    I think our concert was absolutely a Supercalifragilisticexpialidociously glorious jolly good show.
    My favourite part of the whole concert was um lets see probably ……….. ALL OF IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My favourite song was sister suffragette.
    From Lachlan

3. August 7th, 2014 at 6:58 am      Reply Sophie pi Says:

Hi 3/4D
    Loved doing the school concert it was very fun
    I cant wait to see the DVD. I thought every one was great!!!!!!!!
    I loved it
    From Sophie.pi

4. August 7th, 2014 at 7:05 am      Reply Jacob Says:

I really enjoyed the concert because I was a jockey and my brother Zak was a reporter on the night. Being a jockey was very important because I said one line, which was ‘Mary, well Hello there again.’! My favourite song out of the whole concert was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious because I like the very long name it was a funny song to sing out loud. I also thought that the junior school did a great job with Peter Pan. I was very tired and hungry by the end of the night

5. August 7th, 2014 at 9:11 am      Reply charlie Says:

hi 3/4D,
    i enjoyed the concert because i loved performing on stage,and we got to perform in front of so many people.
    mr banks performed great. and i loved geting the lollies back stage.
    from charlie

6. August 8th, 2014 at 6:17 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Hi 3/4 D!
    The night of star was awesome, great fun and enjoyable. I hope everyone had a geat time except for peole who werent there. Even though we started 30 minutes later then supposed to…, the years preps 1/2’s in Peter Pan started the night off brilliantly. In Peter Pan they spoke so clealy ad sang well. After Peter Pan finished they had a break. Later we got squished into a tiny room waiting to go on. Later as the time to go on neared, I was getting nervous. Then we got on. I was on the little stage next to the risers. Finally the scrim came up to reveal the 3/4s. As the music started we started singing and dancing happily. As Jolly Hoiday finished, we sat down waiting for our next song. Soon Supercalifragilisticexpielidocious came. We jumped backup joyfully. After it finished we went off. Some kids were getting dressed for chimney sweeps. They soon went on and did their bit well. Later we sung Let’s Go Fly A Kite. The whole school was on stage! We packed up after and had a big rest.

My favourie song would be chim chim cheree. I enjoyed every bit of the conert even though I wasnt on the whole time.

By Sophie M

7. August 8th, 2014 at 6:46 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Hi 3/4D,
    I really enjoyed the concert. Firstly I got the part of Jane Banks which was really exciting. There was some new things like getting a microphone also being on stage pretty much the whole time. It was a great night. We all did a great job.
    Sophie Pa

8. August 8th, 2014 at 7:26 am      Reply Theresa Says:

Hi 3/4D
    The concert was really good and good job to everyone. We all did a great job. My favorite part of the night was the grand finale. It looked very cool and it was so fun. My favorite song was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious because it was very funny and happy. Good job to those people who got the main parts and I hope everyone had fun.

Theresa ♥

9. August 9th, 2014 at 6:39 am      Reply noah Says:

hi 3/4d
    I really liked the school concert. first I was a reporter I had a very important job my line was ”It will be seen by all of England my brother Harly did peter pan I thought it was pretty good. my favourite bit was supercalafragalisticexpialadoshs because it was funny and I was at the front 🙂

10. August 10th, 2014 at 12:25 am      Reply will Says:

Hi Everyone,
    I really enjoyed the concert. I enjoyed singing Jolly Holiday, Supercalifragilisticexpalidous, and Lets Go Fly a Kite. My favourite song was Lets Go Fly a Kite. While we were backstage, we watched the other classes perform on the TV, and we ate lollies. It finished very late and I was tired and hungry at the end.
    From Will

11. August 10th, 2014 at 12:37 am      Reply Thomasd Says:

Hi 3/4D,

I liked singing the song supercalifragilisticexpialidocious because it was funny. I was at the back of the stage, but up high and I could see my family waving to me. I liked being backstage because I could play cards with my friends and we each got a lolly. We could also watch the play on a tv. I think all the children had a good time at the concert.

Thomas

12. August 10th, 2014 at 4:16 am      Reply Junwoo Says:

Hi 3/4d
    I enjoyed staying at the backstage and my favourite song was supercalifragalisticexpialadosius. I liked it because it was fun and short. It was a nice concert.
    Junwoo

13. August 10th, 2014 at 4:58 am      Reply zoe Says:

Hi 3/D,
    I really liked the school concert it was great. I enjoyed Sister Suffragette and Chim Chimney because I was on the rises in Chim chimney and my sister was singing Sister Suffragette. I liked being on the rises because I got to see every one. I liked sister suffragette because i like seeing my sister singing it.

from Zoe 🙂

14. August 10th, 2014 at 6:49 am      Reply taylah Says:

Hi 3/4D
    I thought the school concert was amazing everyone did an amazing job. I thought Sophie and Stephanie did really well. Well done to everyone, the concert was the best concert yet. My Mum and Dad also said everyone did a fantastic job. I think Mrs Mitchell put the play together so well. I hope everyone had a good time and you enjoyed the night.

My favourite part was singing Jolly Holiday and chim-chimeney because it made everyone have a smile.

15. August 10th, 2014 at 10:38 pm      Reply Ryan M Says:

It was a good concert. But a lot of waiting around . I enjoyed my speaking part because very few people get speaking parts.

16. August 11th, 2014 at 6:27 am      Reply Ashton Says:

Hi 3/4d

I really liked that it was cool and I liked the songs. I was a chim chimney sweeper too. I liked it and I hope 3/4d liked it as we’ll. the band did I good job too.

I liked jolly holiday.

bye bye,
    From Ashton

17. August 11th, 2014 at 10:05 am      Reply Gabriella Says:

Hi 3/4D
    I enjoyed the school concert because we acted and sang songs. I enjoyed this because acting and singing are fun!
    When we were back- stage we watched the other students perform
    on a T.V. Everyone did a great job! My favourite song was Sister Suffragette!

From Gabriella

18. August 12th, 2014 at 5:38 am      Reply Evan Says:

At the school concert I enjoyed singing on stage, watching others perform and being backstage with my friends. It was a fun night.

19. August 12th, 2014 at 6:36 am      Reply Paige Says:

Hi 3/4D,

The school concert was all very good but my favourite thing was supercalifragilisticexpeilladoicus. I liked supercalifragilisticexpeilladocious because it looked very good seeing all the 3’s and 4’s performing together. I also liked let’s go fly a kite. The kites all looked amazing and colourful.

By Paige

20. August 12th, 2014 at 6:47 am      Reply Gabe Says:

Hi 3/4D
    The school concert was AWESOME!!!!
    I had lot’s of fun. I was a chimney sweep and a jockey.
    I enjoyed having a speaking part I said ”It’s good to see you again Mary Poppins”
    Overall it was great.

from Gabe

21. August 12th, 2014 at 10:13 am      Reply Nikolas Says:

Hi 3/4D
    The concert was awesome everyone looked great. When I was in the car I was so nervous. At first I checked with the teacher that I was here. After that we went into the room where we could play games. Up first was the peter pan play. They did great, they were all smiling and they were really enjoying themselves on the stage. Next up was our play we got in all our orders, now I was really excited! I said to myself here we go then the scrim came up. I was trying to find my parents. I kept smiling and just sang the song and then we sat down. It was the jockeys turn and the reporters they all did fantastic with there speaking parts. Mary Poppins wins!! then we sang supercalifragilisticexpialidocious we all put on our smiling faces and sang then we went back to the room. All the chimney sweeps went on they sang so great! Then finally lets go fly a kite. We got our kites and swang them happily in the air, everyone was great then it was time to go home oh all the people with main parts did the best they could.

My favourite song was chim chim cheree. I loved every bit of the concert except going home.

Bye Nikolas

22. August 14th, 2014 at 10:44 am      Reply liamchfmw Says:

Hi 3/4D good job at the concert. My favourite part was when we sang Fly a kite because everyone was singing together. I played a jolly Holiday boy. At the start I was so nervous then I was fine and really enjoyed it.

Bye Liam

23. August 15th, 2014 at 2:46 am      Reply sienna ashlea Says:

HI 3/4D

great concert you all look great. my favourite part was jolly holiday and Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. I love how everyone was singing lets go fly a kite it was so much fun. I was sad when it was over but I had so much fun.

by sienna Ashlea

24. October 9th, 2014 at 6:44 am      Reply sophiephfmw Says:

Hi 3/4D,
    I liked the school concert too. I was a mermaid and we sang the fishcoteque.
    I had a great night and I hope you did too.
    From Olivia (Sophie’s Sister)

25. October 15th, 2014 at 9:39 am      Reply Theresa Says:

Hey 3/4D!
    I had a lot of fun at the play. I was a jolly holiday girl. I sang supercalifragalisticexpialidocious, Jolly Holiday, and Let’s Go Fly A Kite. It was a really fun night.
    Theresa ♥