Learning Expo

August18

Our Term 2 and 3 Inquiry unit was called ‘Synchronise My System!’ All the students in Year 3/4D choose a system to research. We wrote an explanation about how our system works and created a model.

On Thursday 14th we had our Middle School Learning Expo. We excitedly shared our knowledge about our system with parents, teachers and students. Below are photos from our Learning Expo:

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Picture slideshow personalized with Smilebox

What system did you research? What did you find out about your chosen system?
What was the best part of our Learning Expo? Why?

“Learning Expo”

1. August 20th, 2014 at 5:56 am      Reply Sophie P Says:

Hi Miss Dickson and 3/4D,
    It was amazing what we had achieved in our inquiry. The expo was great too.
    We got so many people come and look at what we had done for our inquiry.
    It was fun to share what our topic was for our inquiry also to show them our
    model and explanation. I really enjoyed the expo. It was a great experience.
    From Sophie Pa

• October 15th, 2014 at 6:47 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Hi Sophie
      Thankyou for your comment.
      I saw your Skeletal System display and thought it was great.
      I had alot of fun sharing. Did you?

Sophie M

2. August 20th, 2014 at 6:47 am      Reply Theresa Says:

Hi 3/4D!
    For my inquiry I researched the Internet System. The internet is 2 or more computers connected. I learnt how the internet works when you type in a website. You can read my explanation on my blog. The best part about the expo was showing parents what I learnt. I also liked doing the word searches! Overall, the expo was pretty good.

From,
    Theresa ♥

• October 15th, 2014 at 6:49 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Hi Theresa
      Your Internet System was great.
      I liked your I movie.
      It had great pictures. I also learnt alot from it.
      Great Job

Sophie M

3. August 20th, 2014 at 7:20 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Hi Miss Dickson!
    I researched the Solar System. My top 5 facts would be:
    1) The Sun is 75% hydrogen and 25% helium.
    2) Although Venus is hotter then Mercury, Mercury gets way hotter than Earth.
    3) Venus is Earths evil twin sister.
    4) Pluto used to be a planet but scientists excluded it because it is too small. Pluto is now called a planetoid.
    5) Neptune is the coldest planet because of the distance between it and the Sun.

I think the best part of the learning expo would be sharing all of our information about our system to the parents, and fellow students. I liked that the most because I got alot of great feedback!

Sophie M

4. August 20th, 2014 at 7:48 am      Reply paige Says:

I decided to learn about the solar system because I wanted to learn about the solar system and I knew nothing about it. I learnt lots of things out about the solar system! My favourite part of the expo was talking to people because I could tell them what I learnt and knew about the solar system and about my model.

Paige

• October 15th, 2014 at 6:51 am      Reply Sophie Says:

HI Paige,
      Your Solar System model was interesting.
      It had all the planets in different shapes and sizes.
      I also did the Solar System. I made my model from marbles!

Sophie M

5. August 20th, 2014 at 8:27 am      Reply Sophie Pi Says:

I did the Immune system. Some things I learnt were that Antibodies help the Immune system. the immune systems major defences are skin, snot, stomach acid and white blood cells. Normally the germ does not make it past the stomach acid but some times it goes through the stomach acid and that is where the Immune system comes in! the white blood cells make antibodies which help fight off the germ. My favourite part of the learning expo was when I got to share my learning with every one because of all the research I have done to lead up to the learning expo!!!

from Sophie Pi

6. August 21st, 2014 at 8:36 am      Reply gabriellabhfmw Says:

I enjoyed the Learning Expo because I liked sharing my information to parents, teachers and students.
    I studied the Immune System and presented to many people. The Immune System is a system that helps your body by fighting germs that enter the human body.Your immune system has 3 defences. The first defence is skin. Skin is the largest defence that acts like a shield to stop germs from entering your body. The second one is mucus in your nose. This traps germs you inhale. The third defence is stomach acid.This traps bacteria that live on the food that we eat.
    The Learning Expo was fun and everyone learnt new things.

7. August 21st, 2014 at 10:17 am      Reply taylahchfmw Says:

I decided to research all about how solar panels give energy!
    Did you know that solar panels collect tiny photon cell from the sun?

If we refer back to the windy farm you could see that uncle Jeff’s oil fountain had run out of oil but the windy farm never ran out of wind because it’s something that just never runs out. The solar energy system is also similar to wind because the sun never disappears does it ( Except for night time)

I think the best part of the expo was reading out the information to every one because they all said i worked very well.

from Taylah 🙂

8. August 21st, 2014 at 10:20 am      Reply lachlan Says:

hello 3/4D,
    I looked in to the sewage system. here are 4 facts I learnt:
    1.your poop helps power the plant that processes your poop
    2.your poop is used as fertilizer and compost
    3.there are miles of pipes in the sewage system
    4.the sewage system is a cycle. to find out how it is a cycle visit my blog, “Lachlans learning world” (see our class blogs )

my favourite part of the expo was showing people my model because it was on minecraft.
    from Lachlan

9. October 9th, 2014 at 6:37 am      Reply sophiephfmw Says:

thanks for sharing your learning about systems last term. I learnt many new things from your presentations. Also it is lovely to come in to your classrooms to see you all and how much you have learnt!
    Congratulations to you and Miss Dickson for facilitating this learning.
    From Majella (Sophie’s Mum)

10. October 9th, 2014 at 6:53 am      Reply sophiephfmw Says:

Hi Majella,
    Thanks for your comment. It is great to see you come on our blog.
    Well done.
    From Sophie Pa <3 🙂 😉

11. October 15th, 2014 at 9:35 am      Reply Theresa Says:

Hey 3/4D!
    The expo was really good and everone’s projects were full of information and I am sure that the parents learnt HEAPS!
    From,