Drama Incursion

October9

On Monday 15th September the Drama Toolbox came to our school to lead us through a workshop on Sustainability. We looked at many issues facing planet Earth with particular focus in Antartica, Paraquay, Sumatra and at the Great Barrier Reef.

Click on the link below to see some of the photos taken during our Drama Workshop:

What did you learn from the Drama Workshop?
What did you enjoy?
How will you try to look after Planet Earth?

“Drama Incursion”

1. October 9th, 2014 at 6:50 am      Reply sophiephfmw Says:

Hi Miss Dickson and 3/4D,
    I had a great time at the Incursion. I learned that chemicals go into the ocean and fish can die. I enjoyed making the rocket ship. I will keep our planet clean by putting rubbish in the bin.
    I had a great time.
    Sophie Pa 🙂

• October 9th, 2014 at 7:55 pm      Reply Sophie M Says:

Hi Sophie
      Thanks for leaving a comment. It was interesting to know what you did.
      I had a lot of fun. Did you have fun? It was also funny.
      Great job!

Sophie M

• October 21st, 2014 at 6:29 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Hi Sophie M,
        Thanks for the Reply.
        Yes, I also had lots of fun. It was a great experience Learning all about sustainability. Sonia was really nice and taught us a lot. I had a great time and I really hope you did too.
        Happy Blogging.
        Sophie Pa 🙂

2. October 9th, 2014 at 9:21 am      Reply Mikaela Says:

I had a great time at the Incursion. I learnt that you should be grateful for what you have. I enjoyed dressing up in our costumes. We can keep our planet clean by putting our rubbish in the bin.
    Happy Blogging!
    Mikaela 🙂

• October 10th, 2014 at 6:40 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Hi Mikaela,
      Thanks for the comment! I am happy you had fun at the Drama Incursion.
      I had lots of fun. Remember when we were flying back to Pluto school? People kept falling over and letting go of each other.
      I got to be the Driver. I pretended I had a steering wheel. It was great.
      Bye!

Sophie M 🙂

• October 21st, 2014 at 6:31 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Hi Mikaela,
      I also had a great time at the incursion. It was great dressing up, You looked very cute in the tiger costume.
      Did you enjoy The incursion? I did.
      Happy Blogging
      Sophie Pa 🙂

3. October 9th, 2014 at 2:01 pm      Reply Miss Mackin Says:

Hi Miss Dickson and 3/4D!

It looks as though you all had an amazing time at the drama incursion in September and learnt many interesting facts about sustainability.

The costumes looked absolutely fantastic! What a shame I was not there to see your performances.

Looking at the photos and reading the responses already posted by Sophie Pa and Mikaela prompted me to think about how I could keep our planet clean. I have set myself the challenge of fixing any leaking taps in my house and changing all my light bulbs to energy efficient globes!

What different steps can we all take to keep our planet clean and green in the future?

Keep up the great blogging!
    Miss Mackin

• October 9th, 2014 at 10:25 pm      Reply Miss Dickson Says:

Dear Miss Mackin,

Thank you for your comment on our class blog.

We really like the goals you have chosen to help keep our planet clean. It made us think of what we could do here at school. We will make sure we do not litter and always put our rubbish in the bin. We are going to recycle papers, cans, bottles and cardboard.

We miss you Miss Mackin and hope to see you soon!

From 3/4D

• October 10th, 2014 at 5:40 am      Reply Sophie M Says:

Hi Miss Mackin!
      Thank you for leaving a great comment on our blog.
      We all had lots of fun in the Drama workshop. I miss you a lot. I think we all wanted you there.
      I was doing the Great Barrier Reef. I was in the plastic bags! We did a great performance.

It is very good that you are being “GREEN” while we are learning about Sustainability.
      Miss you!

Sophie M

• October 19th, 2014 at 10:31 pm      Reply Miss Mackin Says:

Hi Sophie M,

Thank you for replying to my comment! I really miss you and all the students of 3/4D – I can’t wait to come and see you and hear about all you have learnt about Sustainability!

Keep up the great work being “green”!

from Miss Mackin

• October 16th, 2014 at 5:04 am      Reply Sophie Pi Says:

hi miss Mackin
      thank you for leaving a comment on our blog
      some steps to keep our planet clean are
      . putting rubbish in the bin
      . remembering to recycle our paper
      from Sophie pi

• October 19th, 2014 at 10:29 pm      Reply Miss Mackin Says:

Hi Sophie Pi,

Thanks for replying to my comment!
        I will be sure to work hard at university and at home enacting the steps you have shared. Hope to see you soon!

From Miss Mackin

• October 16th, 2014 at 5:12 am      Reply taylahchfmw Says:

Hi Miss Mackin,
      Thank you for leaving us a comment about our drama incursion.
      I love the comment and i really miss you.

Also make sure you don’t litter because it is really bad and this is how we cause
      bad things to happen. there are lots of different things that cause problems like littering,
      cutting down trees and hurting nature.

From Taylah C

• October 19th, 2014 at 10:38 pm      Reply Miss Mackin Says:

Hi Taylah,

Thank you for replying to my comment! I miss you and all the students in 3/4D very much too!

I am so glad to hear that you are learning so much about sustainability and thinking about how your actions impact the Earth!

Keep up the great work!

From Miss Mackin

• November 17th, 2014 at 8:18 pm      Reply Gabe Says:

Hi Miss Mackin
      Thank you for writing such a long comment on our blog
      in my play I was a poacher so was Junwoo. We did Antarctica.
      The goals you set to keep the world clean are really good

Happy blogging
      Gabe

4. October 9th, 2014 at 7:53 pm      Reply Sophie M Says:

I loved the drama incursion. Although it was a bit silly, it was great.
    I got put in a group with Theresa, Paige, Sophie Pi, Jacob, Noah and me.
    We looked after the Great Barrier Reef. We all got to do something.
    I will look after planet Earth by: Not littering, using power wisely, and many more ways.

From
    Sophie M 😉

• October 9th, 2014 at 9:18 pm      Reply Mikaela Says:

Hi Sophie,
      I also thought it was a bit silly. I really like The Great Barrier Reef so i think we should protect it. I also like the way we can look after the planet.
      Happy Blogging!
      Mikaela 🙂

5. October 10th, 2014 at 2:08 am      Reply Elizabeth Says:

The incursion looked like a lot of fun and the kids had a great time dressing up.

Keep having fun learning.

School seems to be a lot more fun these days than when I was at school.

From
    Elizabeth (Sophie M’s Mum)

• October 15th, 2014 at 9:27 am      Reply Theresa Says:

Hello Elizabeth!
      The incursion was a lot of fun and we did have a great time dressing up! I am sure that you had a lot of fun at your school!

From,
      Theresa ♥

• October 16th, 2014 at 5:08 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Hi Elizabeth (Mum)
      Thankyou for leaving a comment on our class blog.
      We had fun dressing up and we learnt alot.
      I personally think when you were at school it was more fun
      in a way. Sophie M

6. October 13th, 2014 at 5:58 am      Reply Nick Says:

It looks like you had a great time at the drama incursion
    Hope you all learned something on how to look after our environment
    All the best for last term
    Sophie’s Dad

7. October 14th, 2014 at 7:10 am      Reply Theresa Says:

Hey 3/4D!

Looks like you guys had heaps of fun!
    I’m sure you learnt a lot about the importance of taking care of our environment.
    Keep having fun in class guys, only one more term until the holidays woohoo!!!

Mary-An- Theresa’s Sister 😀

• October 14th, 2014 at 8:03 pm      Reply Sophie M Says:

Hi Mary_ An!
      Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog.
      We did learn a lot and had a lot of fun about the environment.
      I did the Great Barrier Reef with Theresa, Paige, Jacob, and Noah.

From Sophie M

8. October 15th, 2014 at 9:26 am      Reply Theresa Says:

Hey 3/4D!
    I had a lot of fun at the incursion. Personally, it was my favourite incursion ever! I learnt that people dump a LOT of things in the Great Barrier Reef like plastic pollution and chemical pollution. I enjoyed building the spaceship. I was part of the body. I will look after Earth by saving electricity when I am not using it, take shorter showers to save water and I will put rubbish in the right bin.

From,
    Theresa ♥

• October 15th, 2014 at 7:27 pm      Reply Sophie M Says:

Hey Theresa
      Thanks for leaving a great comment.
      I did the Great Barrier Reef with you.
      I was the plastic pollution.

Sophie M

9. October 16th, 2014 at 6:48 am      Reply Sophie Says:

The incursion was fun.
    We all had a good laugh.
    Everyone had a great time
    learning.

Sophie M

10. October 16th, 2014 at 7:36 pm      Reply Sophie Says:

I loved the pictures.
    I wish I went on that incursion.
    My sister Sophie M looked
    funny in that bag costume.

Alex (Sophie M’s Brother)

11. October 16th, 2014 at 9:02 pm      Reply Uyen Says:

By learning and apply your learning, you are saving planet Earth. Well-done girls and boys.
    You are all very smart kids.

• October 17th, 2014 at 8:44 pm      Reply Sophie M Says:

Hi Uyen,
      Thank you for leaving a comment.
      We are trying to take care of planet Earth.
      We need to keep it clean for us to live.

Sophie M

12. October 17th, 2014 at 8:47 pm      Reply Sophie M Says:

You know how the temperature gets hotter? Or really hot?
    That’s because we pollute the sky. Then the Earths Atmosphere starts to break.
    So that’s why we get really hot weather in Summer. I am not trying to sound like a scientist or something,
    but its true.

Sophie M

13. October 19th, 2014 at 10:44 pm      Reply Miss Mackin Says:

Hi Miss Dickson and 3/4D!

It is so fantastic to see so many great comments and replies on your blog!

It was even my wonderful to see some family members posting!

Just wanted to say congratulations on being “green” and on being such amazing bloggers!!

See you soon!
    From Miss Mackin

• October 21st, 2014 at 5:04 am      Reply Gabe Says:

Hi Miss Mackin
      Thank you for congratulating us.
      We will all make the world Green and clean.
      we all enjoyed the incursion.

Gabe