Footy Day

October16

On Wednesday 17th October Students at Holy Family School excitedly participated in our annual footy day. Everyone wore their team colours and enjoyed a special sausage sizzle for lunch.

We congratulate Hawthorn on winning the 2014 Premiership cup.

Click below to see the great moments from our Footy Day celebrations:

What football team do you barrack for? Why do you support that team?
Do you have a favourite player?
Who do you think will win the 2015 Premiership cup?

“Footy Day”

1. October 16th, 2014 at 9:02 am      Reply sophiepihfmw Says:

I go for the tigers! I go for them because my dad goes for them.
    I hope that the tigers win the grand final next year.
    from Sophie Pi

2. October 16th, 2014 at 7:47 pm      Reply Sophie Says:

I liked footy day because everyone dressed up.
    Well, most people! I am not sure who will win in 2015.
    But I hope its not Hawthorn.

Sophie M

3. October 16th, 2014 at 7:51 pm      Reply Sophie Says:

I also loved the Animoto Video.
    It was amazing!

Sophie M

4. October 16th, 2014 at 8:48 pm      Reply Theresa Says:

Hey Miss Dickson!
    Footy day was awesome! I barrack for Geelong Cats because when they won in the finals a few years ago, that was the first footy match I watched on TV. I may have watched when I was younger, but I didn’t understand. My favourite player is Tom Hawkins. Obviously, I want the Cats to win the 2015 premiership.

From,
    Theresa ♥

5. October 17th, 2014 at 5:43 am      Reply ALEX Says:

Your blog is looking amazing and I cant wait to see your new posts. Go the Blues!!!

From Alexandra

• October 17th, 2014 at 8:41 pm      Reply Sophie M Says:

Hi Alexandra
      Thank you for your comment.
      It does look good. I do not go for the Blues,
      but I hope they play well.

Sophie M

6. October 17th, 2014 at 6:07 am      Reply Sophie M Says:

I think Hawthorn will win
    the grand final 2015.
    I think Sydney Swans will vs them in 2015
    because of Buddy Franklin.

Alex (Sophie M’s brother)

• October 20th, 2014 at 9:17 am      Reply Theresa Says:

Hey Alex!
      Do you really want Hawks will win again?!!
      I hope you had fun on footy day.
      What team do you barrack for?
      From,
      Theresa ♥

• October 20th, 2014 at 8:10 pm      Reply Sophie Says:

Hi Theresa
        I do sort of want the Hawks to win.
        But then I don’t because I go for the Lions
        like my sister Sophie.

Alex (Sophie M’s brother)

7. October 20th, 2014 at 5:01 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Footy Day was Amazing. It was so much fun doing footy activities and having a sausage sizzle. I barrack for the Melbourne Demons because my Mum goes for that team. My favorite player would have to be Nathan Jones number 2 who plays for Melbourne. I think Hawthorn will win the grand final again in 2015. Go Demons!!!
    Sophie Pa 🙂

• October 20th, 2014 at 9:19 am      Reply Theresa Says:

Hey Sophie!
      Footy day was really fun! Why do you think that Nathan Jones is the best player?
      Hopefully Hawthorn won’t win- I hope the cats win!
      Good luck to the Dees!
      Theresa ♥

• October 22nd, 2014 at 6:36 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Hi Theresa,
        Thanks for the reply.
        I like Nathan Jones the best because I have known him since I first chose to go for the demons.
        Happy Blogging!
        Sophie Pa 🙂 <3

8. October 20th, 2014 at 5:05 am      Reply Sophie Says:

I go for the demons because my mum goes for that team. I like the player Jack watts because he is so good at defense. I think Melbourne will win the grand final because of their coach. Go Demons!
    Olivia (Sophie Pa’s Sister)

• October 20th, 2014 at 5:10 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Hi Olivia,
      Thanks for replying on our class blog. it is great to see others come onto our class blog.
      Jack watts is a very good player. I like him too but Nathan Jones is my favorite player.
      Keep up the great work.
      Sophie Pa 🙂

9. October 20th, 2014 at 5:14 am      Reply Sophie Says:

I go for Hawks because they won the grand final. My favorite player is Luke Bruest.
    I think hawthorn will win the grand final again next year. Go Hawks!!!
    Tom 🙂

10. October 20th, 2014 at 5:18 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Hi Tom,
    Thanks for leaving a comment. It is great to see you coming on our blog.
    I agree that hawthorn will win again next year.
    Well Done!
    Sophie 🙂

11. October 20th, 2014 at 5:46 am      Reply Sophie M Says:

I go for the Lions. Well, and te bombers.
    My Mums side goes for the Lions,
    and my Dads side goes for bombers.
    But I dont really follow football anyway. Personally,
    I wish Football wiil go. I like Soccer and Netball better.
    Bye!

Sophie M

• October 20th, 2014 at 9:21 am      Reply Theresa Says:

Hey Sophie!
      Footy is entertaining to watch but I have to agree with you- soccer is WAY much better! Good luck to the Lions and Bombers for the 2015 premiership. Go Cats!
      From,
      Theresa ♥

12. October 20th, 2014 at 7:54 am      Reply Kate Says:

In our family the girls Mikaela, Zara and I (Kate) go for the Hawthorn and the boys, Archie and Daniel ( Dad) go for Essendon. We love the hawks because they are champions!!!!!! We hope that they are the premiers in 2015. GO HAWKS!
    From Kate (Mikaela’s Mum)

13. October 20th, 2014 at 8:03 am      Reply charliemhfmw Says:

Hi 3/4 D,
    I go for Hawthorn and i hope they win the 2015 premiership cup.
    The best thing was that everyone dressed up in
    there team colors. I hope Geelong don’t win because Hawthorn and Geelong are enemies.
    Even tho I go for Hawthorn I think Sydney will win the AFL 2015 premiership cup.

See Ya

Charlie 😀

14. October 20th, 2014 at 8:12 am      Reply Will (Charlie's brother) Says:

I am a Hawthorn supporter my favorite player is Luke Hodge.
    I think Fremantle will win the premiership next year.
    I can see you all dressed up WOW!!

Bye
    Will 😀

15. October 20th, 2014 at 8:17 am      Reply Eddie (Charlie's brother) Says:

Hi 3/4D ,
    I am a Richmond supporter my favorite player is Trent Cotchin.
    He is Number 9 and I want Richmond to win the cup next year.

Bye bye

Eddie 😀

16. October 20th, 2014 at 8:18 am      Reply Eddie (Charlie's brother) Says:

Hi 3/4D ,
    I am a Richmond supporter my favorite player is Trent Cotchin.
    He is Number 9 and I want Richmond to win the cup next year.
    I just love Trent Cotchin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bye bye

Eddie 😀

17. October 20th, 2014 at 8:59 am      Reply Jenelle (Charlie's mum) Says:

That silly photo of you all in your footy team colors is my favorite!
    I think the Hawks will win the 2015 grand final and I know my family will be very happy if I’m right.
    Go Hawks!!!! Back to back!
    From Jenelle

18. October 21st, 2014 at 5:00 am      Reply Gabe Says:

My team is…… HAWTHORN the best team on earth.
    My favourite player is Cyril Rioli
    I think Hawthorn is going to win the next final because Hawthorn has won the past
    2 premierships in a row and have been in it 3 times in a row
    Go the Hawkers!!!!!!

Gabe

19. October 31st, 2014 at 9:46 pm      Reply Sophie M Says:

I go for the Lions. I think they could win the 2015 premiership.
    Only because they had won it in 2001, 2002, and 2003.
    I dont actually follow football, but I watch it sometimes when theres nothing else on.
    Go the Lions. B-)