Ducks came to visit Holy Family

October20

On Wednesday 8th October while we were at Italian our teacher, Miss Dickson left our classroom to go over to the school office. Miss Dickson stopped and looked carefully around as she could hear some loud chirping noise. Miss Dickson was shocked to find a Mother Duck and her ducklings right outside of our classroom.

image

The Mother Duck wanted her ducklings to hop up into he garden bed but it was too tall for them. Miss Dickson and Miss King helped relocate the ducks to a safer place.

image

The next day we created our own narratives about the ducks visit.

Below is Theresa’s narrative about the adventures the ducklings had at our school.

The Missing Duck
On Tuesday morning, waking up to find her daughter missing was NOT a good start to the day. Mother Duck soon realised that her youngest duckling, Sam was missing. She immediately alerted her husband. “SAM’S MISSING!” She screamed. Her husband woke up with a start. “We must find her” said father duck. So the parents woke up the other children, had breakfast and the adventure started.

“Are we there yet?” cried Danni. “Why do we have to find Sam? She’s so ugly and useless.” said Owen. “How dare you say that?” Father duck scolded Owen. They walked everywhere but still couldn’t find Sam. They sneaked up onto a bus and when they got off, they saw this giant building. “John, we should explore here. Sam loves big places.” Melissa said to her husband. So they set off. They crawled under the gates and saw the biggest garden bed. They went to explore. Then a really big person appeared. She spotted them and walked towards them. “What should we do?” cries Melissa. The ducklings were screaming.

She got the big square thing and it made some click sounds. They tried to jump onto the garden bed but the little ones couldn’t jump on. The big person finally walked away. ”Phew” sighed the ducks. “It’s not safe here” said John. So everyone went away. It was getting dark and Melissa started to worry. “Where could she be?” she thought. They created some shelter for the night, had some dinner and slept.

The next day, they went to dive in the water. “Sam knows how to swim, so this is a good place to start.” said John. They searched all day but didn’t find anything. They soon gave up and went home. They found Sam there. She had gone to her friend’s house. They were happy she was safe and sound and lived happily ever after.

Why do you think the Ducks visited Holy Family School?
What do you think they did on their Big Day Out?

“Ducks came to visit Holy Family”

1. October 20th, 2014 at 5:22 am      Reply Sophie Says:

It was AMAZING having ducks come to school they were so cute and fluffy.
    It was very funny seeing the baby ducks trying to get up on the ledge but could
    not. Well done Theresa your narrative was also AMAZING.
    Sophie 🙂

• October 20th, 2014 at 8:26 am      Reply Theresa Says:

Hey Sophie!
      Thanks for the compliment! Your narrative was awesome too. I wasn’t there but I am sure they were cute and fluffy.
      From,
      Theresa ♥

• October 20th, 2014 at 8:02 pm      Reply Sophie Says:

Hi Sophie!
      I know they were cut and fluffy. Don’t you think they were adorable too?
      I do! It was funny seeing the baby ducks trying to get up. But, don’t you think the mother
      duck squished her babies?
      Like you said Theresa did an excellent narrative. Theresa! Put it on your blog!

Sophie M

• November 29th, 2014 at 10:45 am      Reply Taylah C Says:

Hi Theresa,
      Great narrative on the ducks. The ducks where so cute don’t you agree. Well done this year you have done amazing work.
      I hope you have a great Christmas holiday and you cath up on the class blog.
      Well done once more,

Taylah C

• November 29th, 2014 at 10:52 am      Reply Taylah C Says:

Hi Sophie Pa,
      I am so glad you enjoyed seeing the ducks at school.
      I could’nt believe how fluffy the we’re and did you see the video when the mother duck tried to get her baby’s up the would.
      They just could not make it up?
      I hope you have a great holiday and you also enjoy Christmas.
      MAY THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT SPREAD EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!

Regards,
      Taylah C

2. October 20th, 2014 at 7:51 am      Reply Gabe Says:

The ducks at our school was cool.
    I enjoyed writing the ducks narrative.
    The funniest part about the ducks was when the baby ducks tried
    to get on the ledge of the wood the only thing was they could
    not jump high enough

Gabe

• October 20th, 2014 at 8:05 pm      Reply Sophie Says:

Hi Gabe
      The ducks visit was great. They were cute and fluffy and adorable.
      I enjoyed doing my narrative. But Theresa’s was really really really good.
      Like WOAH good.

Sophie M

3. October 20th, 2014 at 8:20 am      Reply Marie Dickson Says:

I love the photos and video taken by Miss Dickson. The story is also amazing. Thank you Theresa.

• November 20th, 2014 at 11:25 pm      Reply taylahchfmw Says:

Hi Marie Dickson,
      Thank you for leaving a comment on our classes blog.
      I am glad that you like Theresa’s story on the ducks.
      Thanks Again,

Taylah c (3/4D)

4. October 20th, 2014 at 8:30 am      Reply Theresa Says:

Hey 3/4D!
    Watching the ducks were very funny. It was very funny when the mother duck almost landed on the baby ducklings. I thinks the ducks came to school because they got lost. I think they wandered around Mount Waverley on their “Big Day Out”. The video was very funny!
    From,
    Theresa ♥

• December 1st, 2014 at 5:43 am      Reply Sophie M Says:

Hi Theresa
      Thanks for the comment on our blog
      Watching the ducks was amazing! They were so adorable, cute AND fluffy!
      I think they were thinking how amazing our school is and came to it for their “Big Day Out”

Sophie M

5. October 20th, 2014 at 9:27 am      Reply Theresa Says:

Hi 3/4 D!
    That sounds like quite the fun experience you guys had! It’s not every day that you see ducks wandering around your school!
    Well done Theresa, you wrote an awesome narrative!
    -Joey- Theresa’s brother

6. October 20th, 2014 at 10:20 am      Reply Theresa Says:

Hi 3/4D!

That sounds exciting! I’ve never had ducklings come to MY school before! You lucky things! Theresa, your story was so funny! I thought Sam was lost or in really big trouble, but she was just at her friends house hahahaha.
    The ending was my favourite bit 😛

Mary-An (Theresa’s sister)

7. October 20th, 2014 at 10:50 am      Reply Theresa Says:

Don’t you think Sam should ask for permission or let her parents know where she was going? I know I would be worried if I was the Mother duck! The video was so cute! Great story Theresa 🙂

From Theresa’s Mum

8. October 20th, 2014 at 7:58 pm      Reply Sophie M Says:

I loved the duck story. Good job Theresa!!
    The Ducks were adorable. In the video the Ducks tried
    to get up on the bench and fell down. That bit was sad.
    I thought the Mother Duck (when she jumped down from the bench)
    squished a duckling! It was a great experience.

Sophie M

9. October 21st, 2014 at 5:43 am      Reply Polo Bear Says:

hi,
    Aww, they’re so cute!!! There’s these two ducks and sometimes they come and swim in our pool. The ducks in Damper Creek are so tame, they actually walk right up to you when they see you because they think you’re going to give them food!
    From Polo Bear ( This is Alannah, Polo Bear is just the name I use online.)

10. October 22nd, 2014 at 5:41 am      Reply Oscarh Says:

Dear 3/4d

They look so cute and so small

From oscar

11. October 23rd, 2014 at 7:22 am      Reply Olivia Says:

We are very lucky that ducks got to come to school
    although I did not even get to see them.
    I love your blog so many people have commented and you have so many
    visitors.
    Happy Blogging 🙂
    Olivia P (Sophie Pa’s sister) 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

12. October 23rd, 2014 at 7:34 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Oh my goodness, How gorgeous.
    You are so lucky to have seen a mother duck
    with her adorable ducklings. What a memorable occasion for your
    Class.
    Majella (Sophie Pa’s Mum)

13. October 23rd, 2014 at 8:19 am      Reply zoe Says:

Hi 3/4d,

it was so exciting how the ducks came to visit and
    they were so cute!
    I also really liked Theresa’s narrative about the ducks
    it was good how Sam came back or she would be lost forever.
    I think the ducks visited the school because they were lost and
    I think they had an adventure on their big day out.

from Zoe

14. October 23rd, 2014 at 8:49 am      Reply zoe Says:

Hello 3/4D,

My how exciting it must have been to have had some ducks visit your school!
    Fabulous photos of them – well done Miss D. They have beautiful markings which help camouflage them amongst their surroundings. I think they are “Pacific Black Ducks”. In the video did you notice how the ducklings stayed close together when walking? Do you know why they do this? I enjoyed reading Theresa’s narrative about the ducks, that must have been fun thinking up such a story.
    Looking forward to reading more on your awesome 3/4D blog.

Zoe’s Mum

15. October 29th, 2014 at 8:48 pm      Reply Ashton Says:

Hi 3/4

It was so exciting to see the ducks at school they were cute and small.
    It was nice to see the ducks visit school.
    I liked the story of the ducks.

From Ashton

16. November 6th, 2014 at 7:03 am      Reply jacob Says:

thanks everyone

17. November 6th, 2014 at 7:14 am      Reply mum Says:

hi Jacob,

How gorgeous were those little ducks and what a surprise it was for Miss Dickson to find them!!! I loved reading the stories about the mother duck and her family. I wish that we could have them here as pets.

Thanks so much for sharing the story and also to Miss Dickson and Miss King for relocating the ducks safely

Jacobs Mum

18. November 13th, 2014 at 6:16 am      Reply thomasdhfmw Says:

Hi Thomas
    it is cool ducks came to our school and your teacher saw it.
    I wonder were they came from.
    James (Thoma’s Brother)

19. November 13th, 2014 at 6:41 am      Reply thomasdhfmw Says:

The ducks were so cute and small I hope the ducks come to school again
    so the class can see them.
    Thomas

20. November 13th, 2014 at 6:46 am      Reply thomasdhfmw Says:

When the ducks came to our school the mother duck tried to make the
    ducks jump but the ducks couldn’t make the jump. That was funny.

Thomas

21. November 13th, 2014 at 6:54 am      Reply thomasdhfmw Says:

It was funny when the mother duck fell on all the
    baby ducks and the ducks didn’t get hurt.

Thomas

22. November 13th, 2014 at 7:14 am      Reply thomasdhfmw Says:

The ducks looked like a furry ball. I don’t know how the ducks got into
    our school.
    Thomas

23. November 20th, 2014 at 11:30 pm      Reply taylahchfmw Says:

I really enjoyed the ducks coming to school they were soooooooo adorable.
    The ducks look so fluffy i wished i could keep one.
    Luckily they were returned to home in the first place otherwise they wouldn’t find there way home how sad.

Taylah C

24. December 16th, 2014 at 11:23 am      Reply Ms Clare O'Halloran Says:

Well done guys! Some fantastic writing, keep up the good work 🙂