3/4D are preparing for Advent

December1

Advent is the beginning of the Church year for most churches. It begins on the fourth Sunday before Christmas Day. This year it started on Sunday 30th November and finishes on the 24th December. The word Advent means ‘coming’ or ‘arrival’. The whole season of Advent is a celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. It is also a time of preparation, a time for thinking about when Jesus will come again.

People celebrate Advent in different ways. Some families put up the Christmas decorations at the beginning of Advent. Children may have Advent calendars which have windows for each of the days in December. Some people have a Jesse Tree which is a different kind of Advent Calendar.

For homework the students in 3/4D created their own Advent calendar. Their Advent calendars have a good deed connected to each day of the Advent season that they will do to prepare for Jesus’ birth.

Look at their fabulous Advent Calendars:
IMG_2936

IMG_2937

IMG_2939

IMG_2941

IMG_2942

IMG_2944

IMG_2946

Check out this amazing Advent Calendar that has been created like an Advent bunting.
We needed many hands to hold it up!
IMG_2935

What are you going to do during Advent to prepare for Jesus’ birth?

“3/4D are preparing for Advent”

1. December 1st, 2014 at 7:18 am      Reply Miss Mackin Says:

Hello 3/4D!

Well done! What fantastic Advent calandars you have all created!
    They are all so beautifully decorated and I love that each calander is so different, representing each of you as individuals! I can see each of you spent a great deal of time and effort planing and creating them.

Completing a good deed each day is such an amazing and meaningful way to prepare for Christmas and the birth of baby Jesus. Good luck completing each deed during this time of preparation!

Congratulations on all your effort!

From Miss Mackin

• December 2nd, 2014 at 7:16 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Hi Miss Mackin,
      Thank you for coming on our blog. We all enjoyed making our advent calenders.
      I Miss you so much and hope to maybe see you again soon.
      Sophie Pa 🙂

• December 15th, 2014 at 7:43 am      Reply taylahchfmw Says:

Hi Miss Mackin,
      Thank you for leaving a comment on our class blog.
      The whole class really enjoyed making the advent calendars.

Taylah c

P.S I miss you so much i hope to see you again

2. December 1st, 2014 at 8:14 am      Reply Sophie Says:

It was lots of fun making an advent calender. it took a lot of effort and patience to finish it. To Prepare for Jesus’ birth I will always follow instructions and listen to the teacher.
    Thanks again,
    Sophie Pa 🙂

• December 15th, 2014 at 7:39 am      Reply taylahchfmw Says:

HI Sophie Pa,
      I am so happy that you enjoyed making your advent calendars.
      Did you see all the beautiful colours it was lovely looking at what everyone had done.

Taylah C

3. December 8th, 2014 at 7:28 am      Reply Sophie Says:

I actually made an advent calender too, but it was made at school.
    I also have a chocolate advent calender at home where each morning you open a door that is the day and the you eat the chocolate. You all did a great job at making an advent calender it looks like you all put lots of effort into them! :0
    Olivia P (Sophie’s Sister) 🙂 🙂 🙂

4. December 8th, 2014 at 7:31 am      Reply Sophie Says:

Hi Olivia,
    Thank you for coming on our blog.
    Your advent calender was very creative when I saw it at home.
    Well Done! 🙂
    Sophie 🙂

5. December 15th, 2014 at 7:36 am      Reply taylahchfmw Says:

I enjoyed making our advent calendars as a homework task.
    I made mine using cardboard paper and i also like how i made the bobbles it was a really fun as well as learning all about jesus and his birth

Taylah c

6. December 15th, 2014 at 9:31 pm      Reply Jacob Says:

Hi 3\4 D
    I loved making Christmas Advent calendars with all my class mates. it was the best time ever.
    I loved sharing it with everyone in the class.
    I couldn’t believe all the other calendars had such a variety of building materials such as wood, pegs, flags, there was even a Christmas tree.
    I was telling my Dad how great they all were and we looked at the photos together

From