3/4D excursion to the Zoo

June25

Earlier this term our whole school went to the Melbourne Zoo. We were all feeling excited as we hopped on the bus.

When we arrived at the zoo we had our recess then we went to ‘the deep’ to begin our SOS (Save Our Species) program. Throughout our day at the zoo we visited some of the 10 SOS animals which are the Orangutans, Elephants, Koalas, Corroboree Frog, Phillipines Crocodile, Lord Howe Island Stick Insect, Helmeted Honey Eater, Lions, Gorillas and Seals.

We discovered these 10 animals are all endangered and we need to try and save them. All of these animals are in endangered because humans are destroying their habitats.

Please click on the link below to see photos from our excursion.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own free picture slideshow

We all enjoyed being at the zoo and would like to go back again.

What is your favourite part of visiting Melbourne Zoo?

What is your favourite animal at the Zoo?

What animal would you like to save?

What can we do to save the animals?

“3/4D excursion to the Zoo”

1. June 28th, 2015 at 10:50 pm      Reply noraphfmw Says:

The Melbourne zoo was great and lots of fun I was in lots of pictures love it. My favourite part was the animals and seals.
    My favourite animal is a ant eater and kangaroo. I think you should save the helmeted honey eater it is a bird. Try not to waste paper and chop down trees.
    From Nora and family

2. July 2nd, 2015 at 5:25 am      Reply Joel Says:

My favourite part of visiting the zoo was watching the Orangutans swinging. My favourite animal was Orangutans. I would like to save all of the animals. We can save them by not destroying their habbitat.

From Joel

3. July 19th, 2015 at 7:21 am      Reply abbey monster Says:

My favorite animal was the gorilla but I would save the corrobary frog
    From Abbey

4. July 20th, 2015 at 2:11 am      Reply zaralahfmw Says:

Hi Miss Dickson,

My favorite animal was the Orangutans they were amazing!!
    i loved everything all the animals everything!! it was awesome

From Zara

5. July 20th, 2015 at 2:20 am      Reply Estelle Says:

My favourite part of visiting the zoo was when we saw the orangutans they did really cool things my favourite animal was the orangutans i would like to save the orangutans stop cutting down there habitat

from Estelle 🙂

6. July 20th, 2015 at 2:22 am      Reply jorja borja Says:

Hi 3/4 D ,
    It looks like you had a heap of fun at the zoo. when i went to the zoo my favourite animal was the giraffes and the zebras. I would have loved it!!!!!

From Jorja 🙂

7. July 20th, 2015 at 2:23 am      Reply Jonathan AKA GoldFuture904 AKA SpaceWalker493 Says:

Hi,

My favourite part of visiting the Melbourne Zoo was when we saw the snake in the tank.
    My Favourite animal was the corroboree frog and Saltwater crocodile.
    I would like to save all the animals.
    To do that we can stop littering their habitats and destroying them.

From: Jonathan

8. July 20th, 2015 at 2:23 am      Reply miamhfmw Says:

Hi Miss Dickson,

My favourite part would be seeing all the great animals
    My favourite animal is the tiger
    The animal i would save is the elephant
    Help them not be endangered

From Mia

9. July 20th, 2015 at 2:26 am      Reply kalanithfmw Says:

Dear Miss Dickson,

My favourite part is when we saw all the awesome animals in the Melbourne Zoo
    My favourite animal is the tigers
    The animal i would save is the tigers
    Help them not to be endangered animal from peolpes

10. July 20th, 2015 at 2:29 am      Reply Jenna Says:

Hi Miss Dickson
    I loved the zoo it was so cool my favorite part was when we went into the butterfly garden. My favorite animal was the lions. I hope we do some more fun excursions soon.

From Jenna 🙂

11. August 11th, 2015 at 6:35 am      Reply AK47 The Minion Says:

Hi guys,
    Q-What is your favourite part of visiting Melbourne Zoo?
    A-Seeing all of the amazing animals and get to experience with amazing people!

Q-What is your favourite animal at the Zoo?
    A-I honestly can’t choose

Q-What animal would you like to save?
    A- All of the animals are amazing but personally I think the corroboree frog won my vote.

Q-What can we do to save the animals?
    A- STOP THEM FROM BEING KILLED AND GIVE THEM A PLACE TO LIVE!!!

From Ayva

12. August 25th, 2015 at 8:42 am      Reply Georgia the Unicorn Says:

Dear Miss Dickson and 3/4D,
    My favourite part of visiting the Melbourne Zoo was like Ayva getting to see all the amazing animals with 2015’s best class!
    From Georgia

13. August 25th, 2015 at 8:45 am      Reply Georgia the Unicorn Says:

Dear Miss Dickson and 3/4D,
    My favourite animal at the Melbourne Zoo were the meerkats, the giraffes and the elephants but I still liked all of them equally.

From Georgia

14. August 25th, 2015 at 8:48 am      Reply Georgia the Unicorn Says:

Dear Miss Dickson and 3/4D,
    I would personally with absolutely no doubts go for the corroboree frogs because they only HAD 30 left on earth and there is probably less now since some people are just too cruel!
    From Georgia

15. August 25th, 2015 at 8:50 am      Reply Georgia the Unicorn Says:

Dear Miss Dickson and 3/4D,
    Make there a law that if you kill an animal you get so and so months/years in prison because nobody wants to be in prison!
    From Georgia

16. August 25th, 2015 at 9:40 am      Reply Mia Says:

Hi Miss Dickson ,

I had a great time at the zoo
    my favourite thing about going to the zoo is that we got to see great animals
    my favourite animal is the Tigers
    the animal that I want to save is the elephant
    we can make them not get killed and extinct

From Mia

17. August 25th, 2015 at 11:42 am      Reply abbey monster Says:

Hi 3/4 D,
    Your trip to the zoo sounds amazing and full of lots of interesting information.
    I loved hearing all about the different animals you were asked to collect info about.
    My fav animal is the Elephant and I could spend hours at the zoo watching them.

Wendy (Abbey’s mum)