Our visit to Avila’s Science Lab

June25

This term our Inquiry unit is ‘WHAT IS SCIENCE?’ On Friday 1st May 3/4D and 3/4BB visited Avila Secondary College to see their Science Labs and investigate many different types of Science – Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Earth Science.

We had the chance to complete five different science experiments.

Click on the link below to see photos from our time at the Science Lab:

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This slideshow made with Smilebox

What was your favourite part of our visit to Avila’s Science Lab?
What discoveries did you make?
What is your favourite type of Science?

“Our visit to Avila’s Science Lab”

1. July 2nd, 2015 at 5:19 am      Reply Joel Says:

My favourite part was when we rubbed the stick on our head and when the water bended and the piece of paper stuck to the stick. I discovered that pieces of papers can be magnet. My favourite type of science was Physics.
    By Joel

2. July 19th, 2015 at 7:12 am      Reply abbey monster Says:

Hi Miss Dickson
    I loved it. It was so much fun my favorite part was the chemistry part
    From Abbey

3. July 20th, 2015 at 2:27 am      Reply estellerhfmw Says:

my favourite part was when we did the experiment when you mix things together it will make a explode my favourite science was chemistry

from Estelle 🙂

4. August 11th, 2015 at 9:44 am      Reply AK47 The Minion Says:

Hi guys,
    WOW guys sounded like you guys had lots of fun.
    Again I wish I could have been there.
    It looked like you guys had fun and did lots of experiments.
    I have a question for you guys….
    On a scale of 1-10 how much did i miss out on?
    1 is nothing it was so boring and 10 is like OMG that is the best you missed out on heaps of fun stuff.
    From Ayva.
    P.S please answer my question!

5. August 25th, 2015 at 10:36 am      Reply Mia Says:

Hi Miss Dickson ,

My favourite part would be when we got to do the bubbling with the chemicals
    that when you wet a stick and have a towel and dry it get some paper and it picks it up
    my favourite type of science is zoology

6. August 25th, 2015 at 11:38 am      Reply abbey monster Says:

HI 3/4 D,
    What a fun trip. Sounds like it was very interesting.
    My favourite science is Biology.

Wendy (Abbey’s mum)

7. October 15th, 2015 at 5:20 am      Reply John Says:

Dear 3/4D,
    My favourite part of the visit to Avila College was experiencing a science experiment.
    The discovery I made was how many different sciences are there?
    I didn’t get to answer that question.
    My favourite science is Geology.
    From your class mate #John