Learning about Procedures

August1

This term we have started to work on procedures. We have learnt about the structure of a procedure and how they always start with a title that tells you what you are making or doing. Next comes the goal that tells you what you are aiming to achieve. After comes the ingredients or materials that tell you what you need to achieve the goal. Most importantly the method that tells you how to achieve your goal. Lastly and optional the evaluation that tells you how to tell if you have achieved your goal.

Here is an example of a procedure we have made and written for the “English Muffin Pizzas (margarita) By Ayva

Title: English muffin Pizzas – Margarita

Goal: Follow this recipe and you will be able to bake a delicious muffin pizza.

Ingredients:
tomato sauce (we used passata)
herbs (optional)
english muffin
parmesan cheese (shredded)

Utensils:
tablespoon
tea spoon
knife

Method:
1. Preheat the oven responsibly to 190c
2. Carefully lay out a tray and line a sheet of greaseproof paper (baking paper) on the tray
3. Cut the english muffin in half following the crease and carefully place them on the tray with a slight gap in between each muffin cut side up.
4. Spread passata gently over the inside (the side that you cut) of your muffins using the tablespoon (you only need 1 tablespoon).
5. With the tablespoon quickly and generously sprinkle herbs over your muffin (optional).
6. Generously sprinkle parmesan cheese over the muffin.
7. Generously sprinkle more herbs (more optional than step 5)
8. Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is brown, crispy and bubbly.

Evaluation:
Enjoy your yummy, crispy delicious pizza muffins!

We had lots of fun making our muffin pizzas and they tasted DELICIOUS. Check out the video below:

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a slideshow design

If you made this please tell us if this recipe was enjoyable?

What other toppings can we try on Muffin Pizzas?

Was this a simple recipe to follow?

Was your pizza crispy brown and bubbly?

What are some other ideas on procedures we should try?

Blog Post Written By Ayva, Abbey, Georgia and Lachlan

“Learning about Procedures”

1. August 4th, 2015 at 10:15 am      Reply Ashleigh Says:

Hi 3/4’s, your pizzas looked delicious! I’m glad you have all been learning about procedures and that you all followed the recipe so well. It’s very helpful to know how to follow steps to reach your goal. Good job everyone!

2. August 7th, 2015 at 8:13 am      Reply AK47 The Minion Says:

Was this enjoyable? WAS THIS ENJOYABLE!!!!!
    YES!!! OMG!!!! YESSS!!!!

Ham, Bacon and Torizzo.

Yes it was simple

Yes so good

Do not know!

From Ayva

3. August 11th, 2015 at 8:55 am      Reply Greeny Says:

Hi 3/4D and Miss Dickson,
    Did you just love the muffin pizzas they were AMAZING and they tasted the best. We made them at home for my sister and she loved them as well.
    From
    Charlotte

4. August 12th, 2015 at 10:30 pm      Reply AK47 The Minion Says:

To Miss D,
    I Loved them we made them at home and they were amazing.
    Cant wait till popcorn and lifesavers!
    From Ayva

5. August 16th, 2015 at 3:48 am      Reply joel Says:

HI everyone,
    It was enjoyable and exciting.
    vegetables like capsicum and mushrooms.
    This was very easy to follow.
    Yes mine was crispy, brown and bubbly.
    Maybe chocolate cake.
    By Joel

6. August 20th, 2015 at 8:59 am      Reply AK47 The Minion Says:

Hi guys,
    I didn’t like the muffin pizzas i LOVED them. and to think i thought they would taste horrible.
    From Ayva

7. August 24th, 2015 at 9:28 am      Reply Georgia The Unicorn Says:

Dear 3/4D and Miss Dickson,
    I thought the English Muffin Pizzas were amazing and the same as Ayva I was not looking forward to eating those pizzas! I think we should try making English Muffin Meat Lover Pizza! Thats right with bacon and salami. I can already taste it! This recipe was very easy to make (apart from the oven part where most of you would need adult help). My pizza was very crispy and bubbly and tasted like heaven on a tiny little muffin! I think we should try making our own chocolate with different filling flavours like strawberry, caramel and minty! I really enjoyed making the English Muffin Pizzas and I really hope we get to make more interesting food that doesn’t really makes sense but tastes insanely amazing!
    From Georgia

8. August 25th, 2015 at 10:03 am      Reply Mia Says:

Hi Miss Dickson ,

the Recipe was great bacon and ham

to put everything on the muffin pizza
    the muffin pizza was crispy and brown
    chocolate cake

9. August 25th, 2015 at 11:35 am      Reply abbey monster Says:

Hi 3/4 D,
    Yummo, I wish I had been helping the day you made muffin pizza’s.
    My fav is with ham, rocket and cherry tomato’s.
    I think I might make some on the weekend….actually, I think I’ll get Abbey to make them!!

Wendy (Abbey’s mum)

10. August 26th, 2015 at 6:03 am      Reply Greeny Says:

Hi Miss Dickson and 3/4D
    Was this good tell me!!
    Tell ME!!
    Well I think it was incredable don’t you.

From
    Charlotte

11. August 26th, 2015 at 6:35 am      Reply abbey monster Says:

Hi guys,
    My suggestion is torizzo pineapple salami and cheese
    from Abbey

12. August 27th, 2015 at 10:16 am      Reply Mia Says:

Dear Miss Dickson ,

I loved the muffin pizza it was awesome
    the recipe was enjoyable it was fun
    I think we should put on bacon pineapple and cheese
    this was a simple recipe to follow
    yes my muffin pizza was bubbly and brown and crispy
    Ice Cream

13. September 1st, 2015 at 10:16 pm      Reply Greeny Says:

Hi Miss Dickson and 3/4D,
    Didn’t you just love the muffin pizza it was the best and tasted AMAZING I just didn’t want to stop eating them. When we got home I tolled my sister and on the weekend we made them and my sister loved them so much she more then one!! My Mum and Dad had one as well and they loved them just as much so really my hole family liked them even my dog Pepper had one and thought they were just as good. But I have to say the won’s at home tasted the best just by a little bit.

From