Planning for the Commonwealth Bank to visit

August16

With our term 3 Inquiry unit we have been investigating ‘How Does Money Work’. We have brainstormed many questions we would like to find out. We decided one organisation we could ask to visit and answer our questions is the Commonwealth Bank. Click on the link below to see a list of all the questions we would like to find out:

Our Wonderings

On Wednesday the 5th of August two students from each 3/4 class were selected to go to the Commonwealth Bank to ask if they would be able to visit. First we went to the office and talked about who was going to say what, then Miss. Dickson went to get her camera so we waited in the foyer, until she came back. Then we went out the door and walked to the bank. We talked to the Bank Manager at their Mount Waverley branch and asked if they would be able to come and talk to us about the bank and which bank account would be the best for students to have.

IMG_4418

The Bank’s Visit!
On Monday the 10th of August 2015, Vicki and Haley talked to us about working at a bank and what they do. They also answered nearly all our questions. Haley works at a branch of commonwealth bank and Vicki goes to schools and talks to the kids. One of things we learned was to start a bank account you need at least 5c and some proof of identity like: Your birth certificate, your parents driver’s licence or passport. Another fact we learned was that the money comes from the mint, then it goes to the reserve bank and finally it goes to the bank.

What important information did we learn about the Bank?
* That your money is always safe at the bank even if a robber robbed the bank.
* The biggest bank in the world is the Bank of China
* 50,000 people work for commonwealth bank

What did you learn from the Commonwealth Bank’s visit?
What have you learnt about how money works?

Blog post written by Daniel, Mia and Jorja

“Planning for the Commonwealth Bank to visit”

1. August 17th, 2015 at 6:31 am      Reply John Says:

Dear 3/4D,
    I see people that went to the bank on the fifth of August they
    must have had a lot of fun going to the bank.
    I don’t know what it is like going to the bank because I didn’t go
    to the commonwealth bank. I think Daniel and Jorja can tell me what it is like.

From John

2. August 17th, 2015 at 9:48 am      Reply Joel Says:

I learnt that the biggest bank in the world is bank of china.
    You pay money to buy things and to pay someone to do something for you.

3. August 20th, 2015 at 8:46 am      Reply AK47 The Minion Says:

Hi guys,
    I learnt that over 50,000 people work for commonwealth.
    I have learnt that the biggest bank in the world is the world bank of china.
    from ayva

• August 24th, 2015 at 6:53 am      Reply Georgia Says:

Hi 3/4D and Miss Dickson,
      I learned that the biggest bank in the world is the Bank Of China and that back in the stone age they traded their valuables for other valuables.

4. August 24th, 2015 at 6:56 am      Reply Georgia The Unicorn Says:

Hi 3/4D and Miss Dickson,
    When Commonwealth bank came over to our school I learned that the biggest bank in the world is the Bank of China and that back in the stone age people used to trade valuables or other valuables.
    From Georgia

5. August 25th, 2015 at 6:02 am      Reply abbey Says:

Hi Miss Dickson and 3/4D ,
    I really enjoyed the visit from the bank. I learnt all types of things from them like the bank of china is the biggest bank in the world. I have also learnt that the most important thing in a bank is keeping our money safe and that is the number one priority
    From Abbey

6. August 25th, 2015 at 6:09 am      Reply abbey Says:

Hi 3/4s,
    Is the biggest bank in the world really the bank of china I thought that it would be in Australia.
    How many people are working in the bank branch at a time

From Joelee (Abbeys sister)

7. August 25th, 2015 at 6:18 am      Reply abbey Says:

To 3/4D,
    Interesting
    I learnt a lot about money just with those sentences, like that you have to have 5c to open a bank account.
    From Piper (Abbeys sister)

8. August 25th, 2015 at 6:27 am      Reply jakeghfmw Says:

hi Daniel,
    love your post on the commonwealth bank because you put allot of information in there like 50,000 people work at commonwealth bank and I did not know that. well done Daniel.

by jake

9. August 25th, 2015 at 9:44 am      Reply Mia Says:

Hi Miss Dickson ,

I learnt that the biggest bank is the bank of china
    I have also learnt that 50,000 people work at the commonwealth bank

10. August 25th, 2015 at 11:25 am      Reply abbey monster Says:

Wow, what interesting information you collected.
    I would never have guessed that many poepl worked for the Commonwealth Bank.

Wendy (Abbey’s Mum)

11. August 25th, 2015 at 10:19 pm      Reply Greeny Says:

Hi Miss Dickson,
    I have learnt that that the biggest bank in the world is the Bank Of China and that there is 50,000 people who work at Commonwealth in the world.

From
    Charlotte

12. August 26th, 2015 at 10:04 am      Reply Jorja Says:

Hi Miss Dickson and 3/4D,
    I had SOO much fun at the bank but we didn’t talk to them very much!
    I learnt that our money will always be safe even when there’s a robbery. I also learnt that there are 4 BIG banks in Australia!
    From Jorja.:)

13. August 27th, 2015 at 9:31 am      Reply noraphfmw Says:

Dear Miss Dickson,
    I learnt about the biggest bank is the bank of china and you can get a bank account at any age.
    Money works in a lot of different ways and by getting a job you can get a lot of money.
    from Nora

14. October 14th, 2015 at 7:59 am      Reply kalanit Says:

Dear Miss Dickson

I have learnt the biggest bank in the world is Bank of China. I also learnt that there are over 50,000 people working for the Commonwealth Bank and my mum is one of them because Bankwest is owned by the Commonwealth Bank.

I learnt that money comes from different places in the world.

From Kalani