Kids Learning Together

A 3/4 Class Blog

Celebrating Book Week

September4

On Monday 24th August students and teachers at Holy Family Primary School came dressed as their favourite book character to kick off the celebrations of Book Week. This year’s theme is Books Light Up Our World. The purpose of Book Week is to celebrate books and Australian authors and illustrators.

Click on the video below to see our book week parade:

The Winner of the Picture Book category was My Two Blankets.
book

What was your favourite book week book? Why?
What is your favourite book? Why?
Who is your favourite book character? Why?

by posted under Uncategorized | 12 Comments »    

“Celebrating Book Week”

1. September 7th, 2015 at 9:57 am      Reply estelle Says:

Hi 3/4D

I love our blog it looks really good. My favorite book week book was My Two Blankets. It was a very nice book and I loved the story. My favorite book is The Wizard of Oz. I love it because I think its funny. My favorite book character is the Wicked Witch, she’s very cool.

from Estelle 🙂

2. September 7th, 2015 at 11:04 am      Reply joel Says:

My favourite book week book was the lion stone and I liked the story
    My favourite book is the Zac power books because i like how it has missions.
    My favourite book character Zac from Zac power.

3. September 9th, 2015 at 12:26 am      Reply Georgia the Unicorn Says:

Dear Miss Dickson,
    My favourite book from Book Week was either between The Stone Lion and My Two Blankets because both of them were very unique and they told a really good story.
    From Georgia

4. September 9th, 2015 at 12:36 am      Reply Georgia Rose Says:

Dear Miss Dickson,
    My most favourite series is Dork Diaries and my favourite book out of the series is Dork Diaries Drama Queen. What happens is Mackenzie (the really mean girl) steals Nikki’s diary, reads it and writes about her fabulous life. Then when Mackenzie finds out she’s moving schools she decides it would probably be best to give Nikki back her diary before she goes, but Nikki finds her diary in Mackenzie’s moving boxes and realises that she took it.
    I like Dork Diaries because I like reading diaries since they sound a lot more realistic than other books and sometimes they’re easy to relate to.
    From Georgia

5. September 9th, 2015 at 12:40 am      Reply Georgia Rose Says:

Dear Miss Dickson,
    My favourite book character from Dork Diaries is Mackenzie because she cracks me up! She’s such a princess and a major drama queen with everything. She MUST look perfect and if she doesn’t there would literally be a tantrum that blows up the galaxy!
    From Georgia

6. September 9th, 2015 at 8:20 am      Reply freyaohfmw Says:

Hi 3/4D
    I really like that video. My favorite book from book week was the stone lion. i liked the stone lion because you could get really in to the book. My favorite book is Matilda from Roald Dahl i like it because it is really interesting. My Favorite character is Matilda’s dad. I like her dad because he is very funny and dumb.
    From Freya

7. September 18th, 2015 at 1:57 am      Reply Jonathan AKA GoldFuture904 AKA SpaceWalker493 Says:

Hi Class,

My favourite book week book was the stone lion. My favourite book is the stone lion because when you finish reading the book it makes you really happy.

My favourite book is zac power because its really cool and not really that long to read its also sometimes funny.

My favourite character is Leon in zac power because he makes really cool and awesome spy gadgets for zac (his brother).

From Jonathan

8. September 18th, 2015 at 2:11 am      Reply Jenna Says:

Hi 34D,
    I like the video of book week. My favorite book week book is the stone lion because it was sad and interesting. My favorite book is the Wizard of OZ because it is an adventure story and I like adventure stories. My favorite character from the wizard of OZ is dorothy and Toto because dorothy saves OZ and Toto is so cute.

From Jenna

9. September 18th, 2015 at 2:27 am      Reply frederikhhfmw Says:

Hi miss Dickson

i really like the cool video about book week. my favorite book from book week is fire i like it because
    it is sad.

from freddy.

10. September 18th, 2015 at 2:28 am      Reply zazabar Says:

Dear Miss Dickson and 3/4D,

My favourite book week book was my two blankets because it is great book and it is very interesting!
    My favourite book is the series of Billie B Brown. My favourite book character is Billie B brown. Keep up the great work! Happy blogging !!!!

From Zara

11. October 12th, 2015 at 1:36 am      Reply jenna Says:

Hi Miss Dickson,
    my favorite book week book is the stone lion because it was fun and it had a lot of emotional pages like when the lion couldn’t enjoy the parks. My favorite book is the wizard of OZ because it is full of action and fun and my favorite character is toto and Dorothy because Dorothy is the one who kills the witch, toto because he is so CUTE!
    From Jenna

12. November 4th, 2015 at 8:21 am      Reply Lachlan the (awesome) Human Says:

Hi 3/4D
    My favourite Book Week book was The Duck and The Darklings because it was interesting and funny.
    Sincerely
    Lachlan