Our Excursion to Sovereign Hill

November3

Our Term 4 Inquiry unit is investigating ‘What are the significant events and people that have changed Australia?’ Our Friday 23rd October all the year 3/4s headed to Sovereign Hill to discover what life was like in the 1850s and how the Gold Rush made a significant impact on life in Australia. After what seemed like an eternity in the bus we finally arrived in Ballarat. Click on the link below to see photos from our amazing day at Sovereign Hill:

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own free slideshow design

Our day involved a session at the School, seeing the gold pour, a tour of the Red Hill Mine and trying our luck at goldpanning. Check out all the gold Year 3/4D found!!!!

3-4D with gold

What was your favourite moment at Sovereign Hill? Why?
What did you learn about life in the 1850s?
What job would you have liked in the 1850s? Why?

“Our Excursion to Sovereign Hill”

1. November 4th, 2015 at 8:12 am      Reply Lachlan the (awesome) Human Says:

My favourite part of Sovereign Hill was the Education centre and the Red Hill Mine tour
    If I had a job in the 1850’s I would be the postmaster because it is simple enough and he gets a cool house.
    Sincerely
    Lachlan

2. November 5th, 2015 at 12:37 am      Reply Marie Dickson Says:

It is many years since I have been to Sovereign Hill but it is a wonderful place to explore and experience an important part of Victoria’s history. I loved looking at your photos and know you had a great day 3/4 D.

3. November 5th, 2015 at 7:02 am      Reply SUPERDUDE11!! Says:

Dear miss Dickson and 3/4D,
    My favourite part at Sovereign Hill was the bowling because I liked the heaviness of the balls and pins.
    I learnt life in 1850s was hard.
    I would want to be a policeman because I could stop people from going in the goldfield.
    Sincerely Joel

4. November 5th, 2015 at 9:03 am      Reply jorja Says:

My favourite moment of sovereign hill was the gold pour because i have never seen such gold being poured before. if i had a job in the 1850’s would be a teacher because i have always wanted to be a teacher!
    from Jorja 🙂

5. November 6th, 2015 at 6:41 am      Reply miamhfmw Says:

I loved sovereign hill it is so awesome my Favourite part would be the red hill mine tour
    I loved it so much sovereign hill

From Mia

6. November 9th, 2015 at 11:04 am      Reply John Says:

Hi 3/4 D,
    Hi guys it looks like you all had a nice day at sovereign hills.It is a good place to visit.
    From John ( Joel’s brother)

7. November 12th, 2015 at 9:50 am      Reply John Says:

I think you’ve had a wonderful time at Sovereign hill I’ve been there once and I loved it
    By John (Joel’s brother)

8. November 29th, 2015 at 8:13 pm      Reply AK47 The Minion Says:

Hi Miss Dickson,
    I had a lovely time at sovereign hill. You gave me a chance to go to sovereign hill a second time.
    I hope everyone else had a great time, I know that i did.

From Ayva

9. November 29th, 2015 at 8:21 pm      Reply AK47 The Minion Says:

Dear Miss Dickson and 3/4D.
    I actually had a few favirote moments and i will order them one through to three for you.
    one being my favirote and three being my least favirote. You guessed it two will be my second favirote moment.

From Ayva

10. December 1st, 2015 at 4:08 am      Reply henryb Says:

Hi class

my favorite moment of sovereign hill was finding gold while gold panning and my favorite job would be a blacksmith so I can give people horse shoes.

From Henry

11. December 1st, 2015 at 4:11 am      Reply Zara Says:

Dear Miss Dickson and 3/4D,
    My favourite part about sovereign hill was the gold pour it was amazing! That it was very different to us now. A teacher because it would have been the only good job that i would like.

From Zara

12. December 5th, 2015 at 10:47 pm      Reply 3/4 D Says:

Dear 3/4,
    I liked the horse ride because it was fun.
    Most boys went to the gold field.
    Shop keeper because I can get some money .

from: Scarlett-Rose